PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft at number 2 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft at number 2

Maybe not, but it would be freaking sweet!
Do you know how unfair it would be to add McFadden to this Juggernaut offense??
In the interest of "league parity", Bill Polian would try pass a new rule that limited the Pats to 3 downs per possession!! LOL.

No.... what you and the people crying about Maroney fail to understand is that New England with Tom Brady at the helm and Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Ben Watson and company as the receiving corps, is not a running team. For this team, drafting a running back with a top 5 pick would be asinine.

I am sold on Jake Long......future bro....

Pats have top 5 draft pick in 2008 Currently!

With the 49'ers losing to the Rams, they move to 2-8.

Rams move to 2-8 as well.

The Jets also upset the Steelers. Moving to 2-8.
The Raiders are also 2-8.

Miami, who I'm convinced after losing their first game, decided to tank the last 15 to move up, is a stellar 0-10

This would put the Pats pick somewhere in the 2-5 Range depending on strength of schedule.

Re: Pats have top 5 draft pick in 2008 Currently!

Oops see this has already been posted, feel free to delete/merge me :)

Re: Draft at number 2 [merged]

As of today we are at number 2, do you guys think we trade the pick or select someone? If select, who do you guys think we would take? Personally, I think BB trades the pick for a boatload of picks.

Your thoughts?

Hard to know who we'd take. But, this is VERY cool to say the least. I mean, too cool for words.

I was thinking about this today, maybe they can trade it right back to San Fran for a #2 this year and their #1 next year.. do not see SP and BB going after a top 5 pick.

That would never happen.

Perhaps they'd trade for San Fran's #1 for the next 2 years but there's no value in making that trade.

San Fran - I'd have to think, wouldn't be all that interested in drafting at #2 themselves... drafting players high in the draft that eat up all their cap room and don't pan out is what got them into this mess in the first place.

Having a #2 or #1 pick threatens to make things worse for San Fran - which is why nearly all teams recognize that there's more value from say, 5-15 than in 1-5.

If the Pats can trade back they will. I'd think they'd find a way though they'd have to be somewhat creative as only 1 team has 2 first round draft choices.

I was thinking about this today, maybe they can trade it right back to San Fran for a #2 this year and their #1 next year.. do not see SP and BB going after a top 5 pick.

:confused:

Why would they rip themselve's off that much? A #20 pick is worth that much.

Any trade will likely include a first rounder next year, but they are certainy going to get a lot more than a 2nd along with it.

It's like the 1986 NBA Draft...

AKA, "the beginning of the end" for the Celtics. I hope it turns out much better for the Pats and whomever they draft!

Put me in the crew that isn't going to complain with a number 2-ish pick. With Pioli and Belichick drafting, I don't feel all that nervous about getting a bust, I'm pretty sure we'd get another Seymour-type franchise defensive player, and that's nothing to complain about.

AKA, "the beginning of the end" for the Celtics. I hope it turns out much better for the Pats and whomever they draft!

Exactly. That year was the best in Boston Sports until 2004...and now 2007-2008. It has taken the Celtics 21years to get back to the top. The Truth + The Big Ticket + The Rainman = 1986 Flashback.

Last edited:

What if....

The Dolphins beat the Jets and/or the Bills and then in week 15 the Pats could win and stay undefeated vs. lose and get the Niners into the #1 spot?
I know the obvious answer is to stay undefeated, but wouldn't be an intriguing story line?

Put me in the crew that isn't going to complain with a number 2-ish pick. With Pioli and Belichick drafting, I don't feel all that nervous about getting a bust, I'm pretty sure we'd get another Seymour-type franchise defensive player, and that's nothing to complain about.

EXACTLY!!

A top ten pick, executed properly, can secure a "special" player for the Pats! Don't get too tied up with who is ranked where right now. By the time the college bowl season and then the scouting combine are over. There will be plenty of teams looking to trade for that pick. Imagine the Pats landing another defensive stud ala Doresy of even Howie's boy!

As of today we are at number 2, do you guys think we trade the pick or select someone? If select, who do you guys think we would take? Personally, I think BB trades the pick for a boatload of picks.

Your thoughts?

Trade down for the #15 pick and a 4th rounder, secure another #1 for 2009, and draft the BEST running back on the board at #15. That's what I would do.

I almost want to cheer for the Doofins at this point. Imagine the EFF-YOU that would be for Goodell to hand us the trophy and then watch us pick first. Too rich to dream for. :singing:

Same here. Run up the score all the way to the Super Bowl. Rub their faces in it. Then after the smoke clears, what do we hear? "The New England Patriots are on the clock."

I am fantasizing about a big play ILB or safety.

EXACTLY!!

A top ten pick, executed properly, can secure a "special" player for the Pats! Don't get too tied up with who is ranked where right now. By the time the college bowl season and then the scouting combine are over. There will be plenty of teams looking to trade for that pick. Imagine the Pats landing another defensive stud ala Doresy of even Howie's boy!

Exactly, I'm with you. As I said, I have faith in BB & Pioli at any position in the draft.

I can't believe some folks are shunning the 2nd pick. That'd be like turning down sex from Salma Hayek because you'd have to take her to an expensive restaurant first. Woe is us.

We should be thankful our team is this insanely sick and we're getting the draft pick of one of the worst teams in the league.

Last edited:

I am fantasizing about a big play ILB or safety.

Except they don't exist at that level. In this year's draft, we'll be looking at DT, DE, RB. Why? Because that's what's available? Oh, and QBs, but we don't need one of those.

Trade down for the #15 pick and a 4th rounder, secure another #1 for 2009, and draft the BEST running back on the board at #15. That's what I would do.

trade down first, then draft a RB @ #15. Wow ! I'm glad you are not the GM of the Pats. So, who would the #15 drafted play behind or ahead of
- Maroney
-Smith
-Faulk

Another benchwarmer for next 4 yrs. ?????

Except they don't exist at that level. In this year's draft, we'll be looking at DT, DE, RB. Why? Because that's what's available? Oh, and QBs, but we don't need one of those.

Last I cecked none of the Juniors have declared. So what makes you think there is no Safety or ILB available that could be a top 5 pick

trade down first, then draft a RB @ #15. Wow ! I'm glad you are not the GM of the Pats. So, who would the #15 drafted play behind or ahead of
- Maroney
-Smith
-Faulk

Another benchwarmer for next 4 yrs. ?????

Another benchwarmer? Buddy, if there isn't a better running back than Maroney on the board at #15 than this would be the WORST draft for running backs in the HISTORY of the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes