PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft at number 2 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft at number 2

As long as we have the pick just before the Jets again I'm happy. They really freaked out last year and sold the farm to move up and get Revis. Who knows how they'll act if we are ahead of them again this year.

Yeah, the way it is now we have the #2 pick, the #63 pick, the #65 pick and the #95 pick. There's really no way to keep on 4 guys + the rest of the draft unless we're really cutting off some of the current team and don't add anyone else. We trade down with the #2 pick so we can trade up with the others.

As long as we have the pick just before the Jets again I'm happy. They really freaked out last year and sold the farm to move up and get Revis. Who knows how they'll act if we are ahead of them again this year.

Not really, they paid adequate value and its paying off so far this year. A 1st 2nd and a 5th for a 1st and 6th is not the farm

Last edited:

Not really, they paid adequate value and its paying off so far this year. A 1st 2nd and a 5th for a 1st and 6th is not the farm

Agreed but it was still overkill.

Agreed but it was still overkill.

I felt at the time that if you make that trade you have to be nothing less then sold that this kid can be a very good player. I think he shows a lot of things to suggest he could be a pro bowl caliber corner in the future. Harris looks amazing as well. A lot people were critical here of how the jets were so stupid for trading away their draft for basically 2 guys. They both seem like studs in their rookie year already so it doesnt look too stupid now.

It's like the 1986 NBA Draft...

I want to see a stud ILB. Bruschi and Seau are getting old. Would not be surprised if both retire.

I want to see a stud ILB. Bruschi and Seau are getting old. Would not be surprised if both retire.

With the 3rd pick of the draft the New England Patriots select James Luranitis ILB Ohio State:mad:

9ers have the weakest schedule which is the tie-breaker.
I seem to remember coin flips in the past. Did they get rid of the coin flip and switch to strength of schedule or has it always been strength of schedule and two teams have just had the same exact strength of schedule?

As someone else said, this is like when the Celtics were completely loaded, won a title (hopefully that part turns out true for the Pats as well) then had the #2 pick in the draft and took Len Bias. Hopefully Darren McFadden or whoever we take isn't into cocaine.

i'm sorry but i want mcfadden. I dont want to be like the top 6 six teams this year who passed on peterson

Chris Long from Virginia is a beast. He would be perfect in the jumbo spot.

How's this for a 4-3 defense?

DL: Seymour, Dorsey, Wilfork, Warren (backup Green)

LB: Colvin, Thomas, Vrabel

DB: Samuel, Hobbs, Sanders, Meriweather/Harrison

Dorsey will be an option for the Patriots.

With the 3rd pick of the draft the New England Patriots select James Luranitis ILB Ohio State:mad:

I would piss myself with happiness if we get Lil Animal.

Watch us use the #2 pick to draft a TE.

Originally Posted by mangenious

All our LB were DE in college. Except Seau who is one of the best LB ever. James Laurinaitis is not Seau. He is just another ball chasing football factory ILB that gets hyped every year and BB passes on them every year. Maybe trade the pick for a LB that is young and still experienced. Or draft a LB later who is less risky for the draft choice. With that pick draft a sure thing.

With the second pick in the 2007 draft the invincible new england patriots select Darren Mcfadden, Running Back Arkansas.

With the second pick in the 2007 draft the invincible new england patriots select Darren Mcfadden, Running Back Arkansas.

Given the amount of money already invested in the position, this is not going to happen.

Given the amount of money already invested in the position, this is not going to happen.

Maybe not, but it would be freaking sweet!
Do you know how unfair it would be to add McFadden to this Juggernaut offense??
In the interest of "league parity", Bill Polian would try pass a new rule that limited the Pats to 3 downs per possession!! LOL.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what you suggest then. If adding the best back to come out in the past 10 years is a bad idea then what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft