Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dr. Z loses his license to practice pigskin

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by everlong, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

2. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

:singing: :singing:
  3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,506 / 16 / -12

Disable Jersey

Gotta luv the fat boys at CHFF!
  4. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That was a great read, thanks for posting. I think it's funny that he is now in Colt's history as having the most picks in a game, even worse than Jeff George ever did.
  5. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Classic. I cant decide which is my favorite part.

.....WE'RE DARING YOU.....

or
    fingerpaints and stick figures. STOP IT; you're killing me. :D
  6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,387 / 16 / -18

I always knew Manling was a fraud, artificially buttressed by the machinations of Polian the fixer.
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't read Dr. ZZZ anymore,but after going of the CHFF version it sounded like Z was Homer discribing the battle between the good,and noble Hector,and the evil Achilies. He made it sound that dramatic. Then DR.Z slid into the soapa opera world with the line "as sands through an hour glass". (so go the days of our lives). Theres a writers strike in hollywood. I'm sure they'd be looking for someone with an acuity for fantasy like DR.Z.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  8. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hilarious, yet absolutely true. They list the facts that Dr Z seemingly forgot :rolleyes:
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Great post.
    Some tidbits.
    Only nine players in the history of the NFL have thrown more then six picks in a game.
    Of the six wideouts who caught a pass for N.E. last year, two are out of football completely, only two have stepped onto the field this year, and only one of the six has caught a single pass this year (2007, Jabbar Gafney, 12 catches).
    Wow! too many tidbits in include, great read for everyone.
  10. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sorry, I think this article is silly. So what, Zimmerman wrote a dumb article. Why some Pats fans are losing their minds over it, I really don't know.
  11. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Dude, you are so right on. According to too many here no one in the entire sportswriting universe has any real talent unless every single piece published is a museum quality work of art. Dr. Z is a thoughtful, skilled, experienced scribe with a much deeper perspective than any of his detractors here could claim, I bet. But the pathetic everything-the-media-writes-is-left-wing-garbage-or-just-garbage-period reflexsive mindset just disconnects people from using their brains for themselves. They must have missed where CHFF states, "Dr. Z is, to put it simply, one of the great football writers of his time."

BTW, I can't stand Manning...
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Sports Illustrated has over 3 million subscribers and is read by over 23 million people each week. As a Patriot fan, I do get a little sick of articles that have no credibility which reach that many people. Then, I turn on the TV and hear similar garbage from the likes of Bob Costas on HBO, or any of the analysts on ESPN. The one place I know I can come and listen to reason is this site. So we rant. If you don't understand, God Bless you.
  13. NYPatsFan

NYPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because Dr. Z is a well-respected football writer who wrote one of the dumbest columns ever.

14. Tommysgirl

Tommysgirl Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Wasn't that one of the points of the article? Dr Z is great and full of knowledge and talent it just seemed odd that he (and others) chose to put Manning's worst game ever in such a wonderful light. It was worse than just about anything Sexy Rexy has done and he is crucified.
  15. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

The article has nothing to do with the Patriots. It's about somebody finally calling out the ball washing.
  16. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Amen brother.

This is my therapy :singing:
  17. Cassanova792

Cassanova792 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this was a terrific article! I posted this on the ESPN boards to give a little smack to those Manning lovers. Heheh :rocker:
  18. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it had a lot to do with the Patriots. Why does the author point out the Pats '06 receivers if he's not trying to make a comparison between what Brady had to work with and what Peyton has to work with?

And yes, of course the media ballwashes Peyton. But ask any other team's fans about what they think about the ballwashing Brady gets from the media. So I can't understand this outrage with the Peyton love when our own QB gets plenty of his own.

Was Dr Z's article dumb? Yes. Were the roses thrown Peyton's way after a 6 INT game completely silly? Yes. But I really think people are getting way too worked up about it, and reading things into it that aren't really there (that any praise of Manning, no matter how misguided, is a slight on Brady, for example).
  19. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -1

thanks. that article is remarkable because its respectful attitude towards Dr. Z allows the author to be critical of him and to suggest that Dr. Z's age is a factor in his venting and bad judgment without crossing into age-ism or age bias.

the article certainly presents what I have felt in reading his columns over the last couple of years; that Dr. Z is hanging around too long and starting to put out opinions that are not completely coherent either within themselves or according to the facts.

it's time for Dr. Z to take on a less prominent role in the NFL scene.
  20. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 12 / -5

The fellating media!!

What an awesome read. Takes down two frauds for the price of one.
    My personal favorite blasts from the CHFF boys....

and my personal fav...

:rofl:

It is SO refreshing to read the truth finally spoken about Me First Manning.
    Think I'll email this bad boy to Bobby Kravitz! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.