PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Door open for Dola in NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Minigronk & Minitron" on the same squad! I love it :D

Last edited:
I cant imagine it going beyond the draft, can you?

I could. If the hold up is a fight between us wanting 11 and them only offering 32 then post draft could simplify things because then it would be about next year's 1.

Or

If after the draft it becomes clear Butler could be a problem then they could wind up selling low like in the Collins case. But since Butler played last year despite not being happy I'd assume the same would be true this year.

I cant imagine it going beyond the draft, can you?
Yes.

It would not surprise me in the least if BB held on to him after the draft, during OTAs, camp cutdowns and traded him with 10 minutes to go before the season started or before the bye week whenever that is.

Like all these perspectives on the WR corps in general and Amendola in particular.
Yeah, he's clutch and versatile, and a real playoff hero.
And, the future at WR is probably Mitchell and Cooks. Those two guys will begin to emerge as primary this year, IMHO.
So how do they allocate the remainder to Edelman, Hogan, and Amendola? Are there enough balls to catch with the return of Gronk and the RB's? Tough puzzle.

It's definitely sweet to have five outstanding receivers on the roster: Cooks, Mitchell, Edelman, Amendola, and Hogan. In years past, I've been nervous if the Pats have to dip into the depth too much. In 2017, my goodness, they can keep guys fresh and keep rolling out superb WR combinations. This is also true of the RB (White, Lewis, Burkhead, and Foster) and TE (Gronk, Allen) positions.

The offense should be phenomenal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3