PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks SI Power Rankings (Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Banks' ratings are pretty much right on. I'm not giving the Pats credit for anything until they win another postseason game.

All I know, is if people are saying the patriots have no chance, that pretty much means they will win the superbowl.

I swear I saw this movie before a couple times.

All I know, is if people are saying the patriots have no chance, that pretty much means they will win the superbowl.

I swear I saw this movie before a couple times.

And the haters will scream that they knew it all along, and then lecture us that Belichik can't draft and they won't believe in them until they win another SB.

Ivan, either that, or they will whine, gripe, and complain that we only won because we "stole" the other teams' signals, and demand that Rog-Jet Goddell open an investigation. If we win the SB, I guarantee you, that will be the first line of mantra out the "haters" mouths.

EZ76

Thank you...this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Last night I was watching NFL Total Access, where they were making their divisional picks. Faulk and Davis commented on the Broncos beating the #1 defense in the league going up against (wait for it) .... the worst defense in the league. No one corrected them. Whatevah. But then when they discussed the Giants and Packers, no mention of the fact that the Packers had a defense that was you know, actually, ranked dead last.

More BB material, I guess, but don't these guys actually get paid for this? How can they not know this stuff?

"Nobody believes in us!"

The Pats haven't won a playoff game in a while. Add the fact that they have had to come from behind the last few weeks to beat mediocre teams and the fact they have lost 2/3 games against playoff teams this year (Giants/Steelers) and you can understand why they are not getting respect and rightfully so. They have a lot to prove and the whole team and defense should have a chip on their shoulder after being disrespected by everyone and frankly I think it's a great thing.

The Pats haven't won a playoff game in a while. Add the fact that they have had to come from behind the last few weeks to beat mediocre teams and the fact they have lost 2/3 games against playoff teams this year (Giants/Steelers) and you can understand why they are not getting respect and rightfully so. They have a lot to prove and the whole team and defense should have a chip on their shoulder after being disrespected by everyone and frankly I think it's a great thing.

Disrespect is one thing. I understand that respect needs to be earned, but we are talking about the continued propagation of outright factual errors. It's nothing new in terms of how the national media cover the Pats (see: Spygate, etc), but c'mon, man!

Last edited:
Ivan, either that, or they will whine, gripe, and complain that we only won because we "stole" the other teams' signals, and demand that Rog-Jet Goddell open an investigation. If we win the SB, I guarantee you, that will be the first line of mantra out the "haters" mouths.

Nonsense. The real story is that we "stole" the idle, failed offensive coordinator of the worst team in the NFC. That's clearly outside all bounds of sportsmanship.

Can we assume you posted something so dumb because you are auditioning for a job as an "analyst"?

Hello?....we just played them a few weeks ago. THEY GOT BLOWN OUT. Check the schedule, one of the "mediocre" teams was.......the........Broncos.

Who were the elite teams the Broncos rolled?

The steelers weren't even their usual selves... hampton and Kiesel got hurt and Clark didn't even come to denver... Ike was his usual terrible self and got burned all game because he can't play without safety help. They lost because of bad coaching, and underestimating Tebow, which the Patriots definitely wont do. Are people already forgetting that the Broncos got demolished by the Pats a few weeks ago? as long as Brady is his usual self we should roll

The steelers weren't even their usual selves... hampton and Kiesel got hurt and Clark didn't even come to denver... Ike was his usual terrible self and got burned all game because he can't play without safety help. They lost because of bad coaching, and underestimating Tebow, which the Patriots definitely wont do. Are people already forgetting that the Broncos got demolished by the Pats a few weeks ago? as long as Brady is his usual self we should roll

Clark was in Denver. He was on the sidelines
Decker got hurt
Kuper was out
Dawkins was out

Injuries were there for both teams

Last edited:
Can we assume you posted something so dumb because you are auditioning for a job as an "analyst"?

Hello?....we just played them a few weeks ago. THEY GOT BLOWN OUT. Check the schedule, one of the "mediocre" teams was.......the........Broncos.

Who were the elite teams the Broncos rolled?
Don't let giant tidbits like this get in the way of a good arguement. Talk about the 400 lb gorilla in the room!:rolleyes:

We all just have to get through this week. Hang in there. It's almost over.

Clark was in Denver. He was on the sidelines
Decker got hurt
Kuper was out
Dawkins was out

Injuries were there for both teams

Steelers had more impact players hurt... Decker being hurt actually helped them since he wasn't even good, Tebow just locks on to him too much

Steelers had more impact players hurt... Decker being hurt actually helped them since he wasn't even good, Tebow just locks on to him too much

Decker's injury helped?

Come on. At least be rational.

If decker never got hurt demaryius thomas would not catch much balls... especially since tebow aims at decker almost all the time. with decker hurt tebows go to player was thomas.

Really? Have you watched Decker play? He is very good and looks like a young Ed McCaffrey. Very similar measurables.

And maybe, I'm no expert, but just maybe he locks onto Decker because he is a good receiver? :confused:

Remember Moss leaving? Remember what that did to the offense?

Yes, it triggered a scoring drop that didn't get reversed until after the Cleveland game.

What's the panic here? Banks is essentially saying that the Pats are rewriting 'the book' by being able to succeed despite giving up a mile of passing yards. It's almost a compliment really, and we a get a whole thread of anger over the Pats being dissed. Seriously ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye