PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Week - Dolphins Fan Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so proud of everyone, a Dolphins fan comes to our forum and we can have a serious conversation about football :D.........Let's see what happens if any of us go to the Gang Green boards.

You'd be even more proud if you had joined this board back in 2006. Me coming to this site used to be like if Osama Bin Laden walked into the Oval Office.

Aqua - Welcome Back. I have to say it's good to see you learned some sense and are much more balanced.

Like others, I respect Miami's defense. The question I have is with your safeties and 3rd CB and whether they can handle guys like Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez.

On offense, Miami has done some to shore up their O-line with Pouncey and Columbo. It will be interesting to see how he handles Big Vince. It will also be interesting to see how Long and Columbo hold up against Haynesworth, Carter, and Ellis.

I think that Bodden, McCourty, Arrington and Dowling can match up against the Phins top 4 receivers.

I think that it was a mistake by Miami to dump Lousaka Polite. He was a monster of a lead blocker. This is an area that I think will hurt Miami as I believe that only Bush can handle running it without a lead blocker.. And I don't believe that Fasano, Mastrud and Yeatman (who I was not impressed with) have that ability.

I don't see it being a high scoring game unless either safety group just sucks that day..

DaBruinz.... No way. Man, all this reminiscing is bringing a tear to my. The good old days. What happened to PatsPride? He was my all-time favorite :lol:.

DaBruinz.... No way. Man, all this reminiscing is bringing a tear to my. The good old days. What happened to PatsPride? He was my all-time favorite :lol:.

Aqua - you welch on any bets lately ;)

Needless to say, it should be good.. How is the writing coming along?

You'd be even more proud if you had joined this board back in 2006. Me coming to this site used to be like if Osama Bin Laden walked into the Oval Office.
+

Yea, but you wouldn't have hid behind Condi Rice, before they shot your sorry ass :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy started up a website and I ventured over that way. TheBleacherBeat.

I just posted my NFL preview yesterday.

AFC - NFL Over/Unders Part 1: AFC « The Bleacher Beat

NFC - NFL Over/Unders Part 2: NFC « The Bleacher Beat

Before I venture over there, can you at least tell me that you used spell check and grammar check??? Those were two of the biggest issues you had when you were writing before.. Well, besides your huge bias towards everything Aqua.. ;)

Dolphins scare me. Very good defense and I think Henne is more the promising player we saw in 09 than the dud we saw in 10. They got a ton of bad breaks last year and still finished 7-9.

We cannot afford to be complacent about the Dolphins. Their wildcat has torn us up on more than one occasion. Sure, that is partly the refuge of a team with a sub-par QB, but if it works, it works. Their defense will likely give Brady some fits.

Predictions: if we run the ball effectively, we win by 10 points. If we do not, it will be close, maybe within 3 points. Not because Phins score much, but because we are being manhandled on the OL.

Good job on the over/under I buy into your Jets Dolphins analysis.

Hey, man. No hard feelings. Going back over my attitude and demeanor of the early days (yes, I did think Daunte Culpepper was the savior,) I was a douche. I was young, and I wasn't very bright.

I'm here to talk football and objectively. No hard feelings to any one and yes, this is Aqua4Ever04 for those that remember. I seek forgiveness, and wish to prohibit banashiment. Lol

The return of Aqua man...........OK, tell you what, clean slate under one condition.

NO BETTING!!! lol

As for the game, in Miami, I always worry.......Monday night, even scarier. Everything and everybody say Pats win, scares me even more.

Luckily for me, BB keeps his focus and TB&co are ready to help out the new look "D".

See you down the road.

Some of you remember me, some of you don't, some of you REALLY remember me.

That said, I like to consider myself the longest tenured Dolphins fan of patsfans.com, haven't been around at all, really, mainly because I've found much more of a life and am really busy. (That and it's much more enjoyable to make fun of Jets fans these days; particularly jetnation.)

Any way, it's Dolphins week for you guys. Not a soul is picking Miami to even come within a score in this game; we're kind of the laughing stock of all the major networks. I can't quite understand it. I understand the fiasco that was the Jim Harbaugh situation as well as the Kyle Orton ordeal, but what did those two unsuccessful pursuits REALLY change?

The bottom line is that our defense is still really, really, really good. It was good last year and young. It's only going to get better with seasoning and another year in a new scheme.

Offensively, we obviously had our quarterback issues but a lot of Dolphins fans like to point the finger at Dan Henning's hair pulling offense. We have the speed we didn't have last year with Reggie Bush and Clyde Gates, Brandon Marshall is at full health and we made some changes to an offensive line that apparently will never get better (that's my one concern.)

All and all, I think we're a middle of the road team; 7-10 wins is where we figure to be again. I really don't see where people are getting these 4 or 5 win predictions.

So my question is, how do you guys view this upcoming game? Obviously, you slaughtered us a year ago a pair of times in a special teams melt down and a week 17 game where it seemed like WE were the ones resting starters and our guys came out completely flat.

We have given you guys probably more problems than any inferior team in the BRady/Belichick era, do you still view us as a sneaky team that could upset? Or are we merely a peasant stepping stone on your way to the Lombardi?

Thank you for a thoughtful football-related post (unlike nonsense vomited by fans of the New Jersey Green Beans). I see a one-score game, very tight. Both teams are relative unknowns at this stage and I expected the Dolphins to come out very determined after getting swept by the Pats last year. I think it very well could be a low-scoring affair, both teams under 20 points. This is the season opener. I think it could swing either way but I give the Patriots the edge in a hard-fought squeaker.

P.S. Please destroy the Green Beans when you play them. Make the fat man sputter, curse and cry.

Last edited:
As always, I'm concerned. As you mentioned the Phins have a good defense, in fact an excellent defense. The front 7 is very good, as are the DB's. Wake scares me, especially if he can causes a turnover. On offense, I know that I'm in the minority but Henne has skills. Marshall always seems to give us problems. I'll be watching him, as I think he'll provide a good test for our taller DB's. Let's not forget that it's a home game for you and we struggle in MIA.

Aqua - A few things. You still need to proof read your stuff because, while you are significantly better at your punctuation, your spelling still stinks. Beyond that, looks pretty good. I didn't do the math (your wins/losses should total 512 when added together) because I decided to go easy on you. ;)

A Bettor is someone who bets. Better is an adjective.

Who is Tony Gonzales?? I am sure you meant Tony Gonzalez.

Not sure how you can say that the depth on the Dolphins D-line is better than that of the Pats D-line.

Also, how can you trash Andy Levitre when he is, arguably, their best guard. And better than Richie Incognito. :D

I am sure they will be pumped up.I can see Bodden covering Marshall cause of his height.They will switch on and off.

I don't know about what the media is saying, but I have you guys taking this one. I know last year contradicts what I'm about to say, but the Patriots generally don't play well in Miami. Especially early in the season when it's still hot.

Still, I don't think Miami will be too good this year. Henne sucks.

Not gonna lie, the Pats' secondary kinda scares me right now, strictly as a function of unfamiliarity. There's been so much turnover there in the last couple of weeks that I just have no idea what to expect. Still think the Pats win, since I dunno if the Dolphins are the right team to exploit whatever weakness we may have back there, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it be close.

Aqua 4 Never??

he's back?

where ya' been...working hard at the Wanny Mustache Wax factory?

you actually have something to tout this season by the looks of it...

heh...I haven't looked in yet but, what's the prediction coming out of Finheaven?

I don't expect the Pats to slaughter the Dolphins as badly as they did last season. I mean it's the opener and the starters are going to have some rust, on both sides. So yeah, I can see about a 2 score win, that could be two field goals or it could be a touchdown and a fg.

The real key is to come out of the game healthy. I think early in the season you're just trying to feel things out, see what your team can do and hopefully keep your key starters healthy.

BTW Henne sux. How is your rookie HB looking though? Bush is a factor on offense in the passing game but he'll never be a starting RB for you guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back