PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Fans pick Culpepper over Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHat i found really funny. For the last 5 years the theme of our team was, not a lot of star players, but they have brady. Now the phins fans are saying ANY qb could have won in our system. Both of these statements cant be right.

I would rank the qbs something like this:

1) Manning or Brady (I don't want to turn this into a ManningVSBrady thread)
2) Brady or Manning (Ditto)
3) Palmer
4) Hassleback
5) Delhomme
6) Farve
7) McNabb
8) Rothlesberger
9) Vick
10) Plummer
11) Culpepper
12) Brees
13) Green
14) Bulger
15) Manning

Except flip Favre and Brees, then Favre and Eli. Heck, kick Favre off the list altogether and put him somewhere around 25, in front of Aaron Brooks but behind Kurt Warner.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
I would rank the qbs something like this:

1) Manning or Brady (I don't want to turn this into a ManningVSBrady thread)
2) Brady or Manning (Ditto)
3) Palmer
4) Hassleback
5) Delhomme
6) Farve
7) McNabb
8) Rothlesberger
9) Vick
10) Plummer
11) Culpepper
12) Brees
13) Green
14) Bulger
15) Manning

You gotta take Favre off that list. He's a pathetic punchline nowadays.

Brees has to move way up. He's as good a QB as Delhomme.

Heres my QB Rankings

1. Brady - 3 rings. led league in passing last year. need to say more?
2. Manning - very smart, good arm. only thing keeping him from getting closer to #1 is Playoff wins
3. McNabb - led his team to playoffs many times without TO..hes got a good arm..good leader and makes things happen
4. Brees - really came on 2 years ago..should have fun with almost a good a toys as he had in SD
5. Palmer - 1 of the strongest arms..he was very accurate last season
6. Delhomme - hes gotten his team to playoffs twice..made em go far and almost got them 2 years ago after SB.
7. Bulger - gambles a lot but a solid QB.
8. Roethlisberger - his ratings are high..but team ran a lot and he had good protection. won SB with sloppy performance

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
Really? There was a thread yesterday on this board in which posters were asked to predict the playoff teams in the upcoming season. Nearly every poster had the Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

Hey, I'm as much of a homer as the next guy and I do believe we have as good a chance as anyone, but I also realize the odds of winning again are less than 50/50, if I had to make a prediction.

Yeah, it screams homerism for sure, but when you have won the last 3 in 5 years...it rings a little more realisitic than calling DC better than Brady...don't you think!!??!?!?!?

Last edited:
I wouldn't put Manning in my top 3! He is a freak'in choke artist loser who only proves this point over and over again...

Top 5 go like this:

1. Brady
2. Palmer
3. Big Ben
4. P. Manning
5. Delhomme

I think Palmer hasn't been around long enough to be rated as high as people are. He's only had one good year so far. I think he could very well be in the top 3 but at this point it is a little premature and he needs to show excellence over a longer period of time.

CheerforTom said:
There's a sad statement towards most NFL fan sites. I like to think ours isn't anywhere near that level of delusion.

Man, I was going to follow that up with a joke, but I can't even think of one to top people picking Culpepper over Brady.
To be fair, the level of disillusionment at a fan site tends to be inversely proportional to the success of their team. I'd love to see any comments made on any Patriot message boards that may have existed during Kiam's reign of terror.

Kinds of makes you feel sorry for them.

Not. :D

Morons. When they start talking about "system QB", you know they are cluless. Anyone could have played QB here and won championships?
Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they all took a hit from Ricky's bong till Culpepper wins a title NO CHANCE IN HELL BOYS! KEEP SMOKING THAT WACKY WEED!!!

Last edited:
I Can't wait!

One thing I really hate is when people take one specific stats to hammer home a point. Even if those stats are outdated and not applicable to a particular situation. For Culpepper everyone points to big year with Moss etc.. I would like to point out stats from last year against relevant competition. The AFC that is...:D

I pointed out somewhere else (I suspect it was to a Phin troll who since has been suspended along with Ricky Williams...) that Culpeppers stats vs. the AFC were as follows:

1 Game vs. Bengals
QB Rating= 36.4
Comp. % = 56.8%
TDs = 0
Sacks = 2
INTS = 5

Projected out for 16 game season vs AFC (if he lives that long) that would be
32 Sacks
and
80 INTS :eek:

oh.. and
0 TDs

give or take a few for NFC games of course..
Now, I hope everyone will take in to consideration that this is only a small sampling and of course the numbers could be MUCH, MUCH worse!!!! (Especially the sacks. Sacked 31 times in 7 gms last year, 46 times in 16 gms in 2004..)

:bricks:

PS It seems that Phins troll did read my post and emailed it to the Phins FO... enter Joey Harrington, who is now the BEST QB in the WORLD according to a new PHins poll.

Last edited:
I crunched the numbers on Culpepper versus Brady. Culpepper is clearly on the decline and Brady is on the upswing. Statistically there is no camparison right now. Brady wins hands down.

Culpepper's last year (without Moss)
1564 yd 6 td 12 int / 7 GS = 223.43 yd .86 td 1.71 int

Tom Brady's last year
4110 yd 26 td 14 int / 16 GS = 256.88 yd 1.63 td .88 int

Tom Brady's 4110 passing yards last season made him the #1 overall QB in the NFL, yes even ahead of Peyton Manning. Correspondingly his average yards per game jumped up to an amazing 256+ yards per game, but he still manages to keep his consistency and his errors low by having a near identical int ratio to his career numbers.

Without Moss, Culpepper's average passing yards per game compared to his career stats declined by over 30 yards per game. His TD rate dropped nearly in half to .86 and his int rate ballooned to 1.71 int per game. It seems clear to me that Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper and not the other way around.

With the addition of weapons like Maroney, Jackson, Thomas, and Mills it is easy to project Brady's numbers will get even BETTER in 2006!

Culpepper meanwhile gets plugged into Miami's statistically mediocre passing offense (16th overall in 2005) with no stud receiver like a Randy Moss to serve as a goto guy. By the statistics it would be logical to predict that Culpepper will continue to decline towards mediocrity in Miami.

Last edited:
I like Daunte's game, and think, if healthy, he will be a huge addition to the Dolphins (let's not forget the potential "dooference" a coach like Tice can make to a player). He is certainly better than their options this past year. But Brady is a known quantity, a star, whereas Culpepper is merely a tank-like fantasy football machine, till proven otherwise.

If anyone is interested, look up some thread from last year, when Buffalo fans were taking a similar poll at the "Stadium Wall" pertaining to Losman vs Brady. "Which qb would you rather have?" asked the poll. Most chose Losman. Wonder what they would say now?

Some facts about Culpepper...

Culpepper's Postseason numbers (4 games)...

W-L: 2-2

C% - 54.5
YPA - 7.3
TD% - 6.0
INT% - 3.7
TD - 8
INT - 5
QB Rat - 82.3

Regular Season...

C% - 64.2
YPA - 7.7
TD% - 5.1
INT% - 3.3
TD - 135
INT - 86
QB Rat - 91.4

Quality Record (including playoffs): 14-27 (.341)

My strongest critiques of Daunte are based on INT% and performance against quality teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back