PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does NFL Films produce another show like "Do Your Job" on top of America's Game for this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I think they do. In fact we may see even more this time.

Everyone knows how the normal super bowl winner gets the one hour America's Game treatment featuring three team members and a narrator. I know there's a separate active thread now on AG so moderator if you feel this should be merged please go ahead but to me this is a slightly different discussion.

Well, two years ago, the Pats set a new standard it seemed, since everything they do is bigger and better. There was so much material on the Pats 4th super bowl season that NFL films just couldn't fit it all into the standard one hour America's game. So they produced the great companion 1 hr documentary Do Your Job that originally aired the night after America's Game release. IIRC, DYJ had all this great supplemental Pats material like the Ernie Adams stuff, practice highlights of prepping for Butler's pick, bonus material with add'l coaches like McD about how they schemed up for Baltimore w the formations and the double pass. Do your job was the theme, On to Cincinnati, etc. Just fabulous stuff.

So, my question is, what do we get this time. Personally, i think we will see at least one other bonus show again. There's too much story for one hour on the season like most other teams. We had the Brady story, deflategate, winning #5, Gronk going down, trading away players and questioning the D, and oh BTW, only the greatest comeback in superbowl history story to tell. How about never before seen practice footage of our guys running those Foxboro hills after practice in January? No days off. Or another Ernie Adams pink stripes sequel?

What might NFL films title these bonus show(s) like it was Do Your Job 2 yrs ago?

Dynasty
Redemption (Roger might nix that one)
You gotta believe
The Comeback

They did a bonus show for the Broncos too, if I'm not mistaken. So it might start to be a yearly thing

With America's Game focus being the whole season's story I could see something being created specifically for the game/comeback itself.

"The Greatest"

Brady is solidified as the best QB of all time, no matter who you ask.

Belichick is solidified as the best coach of NFL history

Both gets the most number of SB rings.

Greatest comeback in an SB.

Best stats of an SB for Tom.

Too many "greatest/best" moments.

I, for one, would love to get behind the scenes on everything this season. Hear from Sheard about his intentional benching and how it encouraged him. Things like that. Small details that got lost in the wash of a phenomenal journey but symbolize the mental fortitude that capped off the season.

I'd love to know how practice was after the Seahawks loss.

They make a show about everything so why not. Probably right before the story about the Browns miraculously pulling out 1 win and right after Peyton Manning the retirement season.

It'll focus on the crazy comeback. Coaches & players' takes on the intricate points of "what was done" to get it done.

Everyone knows how the normal super bowl winner gets the one hour America's Game treatment featuring three team members and a narrator. I know there's a separate active thread now on AG so moderator if you feel this should be merged please go ahead but to me this is a slightly different discussion.

Well, two years ago, the Pats set a new standard it seemed, since everything they do is bigger and better. There was so much material on the Pats 4th super bowl season that NFL films just couldn't fit it all into the standard one hour America's game. So they produced the great companion 1 hr documentary Do Your Job that originally aired the night after America's Game release. IIRC, DYJ had all this great supplemental Pats material like the Ernie Adams stuff, practice highlights of prepping for Butler's pick, bonus material with add'l coaches like McD about how they schemed up for Baltimore w the formations and the double pass. Do your job was the theme, On to Cincinnati, etc. Just fabulous stuff.

So, my question is, what do we get this time. Personally, i think we will see at least one other bonus show again. There's too much story for one hour on the season like most other teams. We had the Brady story, deflategate, winning #5, Gronk going down, trading away players and questioning the D, and oh BTW, only the greatest comeback in superbowl history story to tell. How about never before seen practice footage of our guys running those Foxboro hills after practice in January? No days off. Or another Ernie Adams pink stripes sequel?

What might NFL films title these bonus show(s) like it was Do Your Job 2 yrs ago?

Dynasty
You gotta believe
The Comeback

I'm thinking a live Dance Party/Do your Job combo type thing? with varied special guests

They've already announced that the show will be called

DynamicImageHandler_abdc5367-169a-478e-9b44-7f81ec7725e7_grande.png

The more background material the better. Compared to "Do Your Job" everything else done for SB49 (including 3GtG) was garbage.. it really was a masterpiece..

Was Do Your Job and the SB 49 America's Game ever made for sale?

It'll probably be sprinkled with "still bedeviled by charges of cheating..."

How does the NFL produce a video that doesn't mention the hatred for Goodell in the NE organization and fan base? Good luck w that.

This year's documentary: "Shut up and listen or you're off to Cleveland"

Dynasty
You gotta believe
The Comeback

Do Your Job, was not supplemental extra stuff that was carryover from having too much material.

It was a completely separate project, using only coaching staff and front office viewpoints. I saw it as a completely different viewpoint.

It was spectacular and unique and I hope they do it again for this past season.

Shmessy--I called it a supplemental documentary in my OP, but yes technically you are right that it was a separate script, separate theme, separate project. I meld them together in my mind because AG was released on Tues night before the Sept 2015 opener and then DYJ Wed night. And somewhere in the early planning stages of AG, I have to imagine some combination of the Pats and NFL Films realized they needed to coordinate the stories and the filming of the interviews at Gillette with the three players and the staff.

"Roger That."

It's amazing watching all of these videos, seeing how close the margin between victory and defeat was. Even in OT, I was so hyped-up by the comeback and knowing we were going to win, you miss just how tight some of those Brady throws were.

The touch pass to Dola just over the defense's outstretched arm had to be just PERFECT, and it was. The comeback route to Hogan, seemed a bit mistimed, and the CB had time to come up and get a hand near the ball but it was just a laser. The throw to Edelman had really tight coverage and in a perfect spot to let Jules run for the first down after.

Just...phenomenal stuff. And even though I know the result, I still get anxious watching some of those plays again, the great filmwork that goes into these things, and the slow motion replays. It gets dusty in the room always when watching the comeback, watching the execution. Just an incredible game. I could watch another 50 of these specials if they would make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back