PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Indy Beat SD in SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im 99.99999999999999997% sure you would not have beaten Oakland if you played them this season.

Thankfully, there was no chance that NE would have faced Oakland in the playoffs. ;)

Im 99.99999999999999997% sure you would not have beaten Oakland if you played them this season.
Any chance of you getting rid of that Avatar ? I'm putting you on my block list if not, I don't need to see that sh!t.

No one here is going to agree with me, but I think the answer is yes. The colts had the look of champions to me, starting at the very end of the regular season. What they needed, they got, and when they needed it. From goal line interceptions, to 7:00 minute game ending drives against arguably the best run defense in the world, to favorable bounces when it mattered, to balls bouncing off cross bars and in, to just missing sidelines by inches. Every year since partity started to reign in the NFL that's how its gone for the champs. And that's how it looked for the colts this year. That team, this year, would have found a way in San Diego. It probably wouldn't have been pretty, but I firmly believe they would have found a way to be at least a point better.

Like totally agree for sure.......seriously, the Colts were the team this year whether we like it or not. They beat us fair and square and got to feast on an NFC weakling.

No one here is going to agree with me, but I think the answer is yes. The colts had the look of champions to me, starting at the very end of the regular season. What they needed, they got, and when they needed it. From goal line interceptions, to 7:00 minute game ending drives against arguably the best run defense in the world, to favorable bounces when it mattered, to balls bouncing off cross bars and in, to just missing sidelines by inches. Every year since partity started to reign in the NFL that's how its gone for the champs. And that's how it looked for the colts this year. That team, this year, would have found a way in San Diego. It probably wouldn't have been pretty, but I firmly believe they would have found a way to be at least a point better.

I agree with you. It seems logical. They beat us and we beat Indy. They earned it this year. I've put the season to rest and I'm concentrating on the upcoming draft and free agency.

I don't agree.........the TRUE Super Bowl was Patriots Vs. Colts and the Colts won it outright.

I must agree with this statement.

Indy would have lost to SD in SD because Manning isn't as mentally tough as Brady. Brady was magnificent against SD despite somewhat mediocre stats. I don't think Manning would have done as well.

pao

Maybe he would like this, instead.
3xchampsW.gif
Well I wouldn't expect that but if he's going to come to a Patriots board I would think he wouldn't rub it in our faces. It's not like K*&# where you have the same Avatar for different teams' boards - this is uniquely patsfans so he should be an arrogant ass about it. IMO of course.

I dont know. I am sure that if the Colts had beaten the Chargers and we had beaten the Ravens and won the SB, people would doubt that we could have ever beaten the Chargers. Most people didnt think we could possibly beat the Chargers in a non sloppy, mistake free game. Who says Indy doesnt catch a bunch of breaks if they faced the Chargers. Indy has an offense good enough to match that of the Chargers offense. LT is their big weapon while the Colts have more than 1. I believe that the Colts could and would have beaten the Chargers. You have Marty making dumb calls and his team f'ing up, yes they surely would have beat them too.

I dont know. I am sure that if the Colts had beaten the Chargers and we had beaten the Ravens and won the SB, people would doubt that we could have ever beaten the Chargers. Most people didnt think we could possibly beat the Chargers in a non sloppy, mistake free game. Who says Indy doesnt catch a bunch of breaks if they faced the Chargers. Indy has an offense good enough to match that of the Chargers offense. LT is their big weapon while the Colts have more than 1. I believe that the Colts could and would have beaten the Chargers. You have Marty making dumb calls and his team f'ing up, yes they surely would have beat them too.

Peyton vs Marty?

You'd see more choking than a bunch of fat guys at an all you can eat buffet.

You take it, no you take it! :D

Well I wouldn't expect that but if he's going to come to a Patriots board I would think he wouldn't rub it in our faces. It's not like K*&# where you have the same Avatar for different teams' boards - this is uniquely patsfans so he should be an arrogant ass about it. IMO of course.

Your obsession with me is a little scary. Its an avatar. Block me if you want. If you don't... talk football and be quiet.

The Colts had a horseshoe up their ***e$ during the playoffs, this was their year, plain and simple, they would have found a way to beat SD, I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999999% sure of it.

I'm also 99.99999999999999999999% sure Ryan the Colts fan is a total douchebag, here's hoping the Colts go 100.000000000000000000000000000000% into the toilet next year so he goes the fyck away..............

I'm here until the day I die my friend.

Just like NEM.

What the hell kind of reasoning is that? Neither team MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL.

Ryan......tune out these homers.We were lucky to beat SD and not so lucky losing to Indy.
The Colts would have beaten the Chargers because of:

1.Bob Sanders
2.SD doesn't play cover 2.....Manning would have torched their weak cornerbacks
3.Indy's running game would have offset LT
4.The Colts change of scheme to a checkdown passing game is the major change which won the playoffs,this ball control was unstoppable.
Think of the Patriots,but with a better QB(manning),and a better running game(Rhodes and Addai).
5.Lastly,the same overconfidence that infected the Chargers against the Patriots,would have been the same vs the Colts........arrogant teams lose(see Pittsburgh,Seattle).

I was on the Indy board....they made the best adjustments,game to game......End of story.

Ryan......tune out these homers.We were lucky to beat SD and not so lucky losing to Indy.

1.Bob Sanders
4.The Colts change of scheme to a checkdown passing game is the major change which won the playoffs,this ball control was unstoppable.
Think of the Patriots,but with a better QB(manning),and a better running game(Rhodes and Addai).
5.Lastly,the same overconfidence that infected the Chargers against the Patriots,would have been the same vs the Colts........arrogant teams lose(see Pittsburgh,Seattle).

I was on the Indy board....they made the best adjustments,game to game......End of story.
i agree with #5
but man, thomas jones missed an easy cutback in the sb that LT would have taken for a 50+ yard td, it was brutal to watch

No. San Diego's defense is has the players to frustrate Peyton Manning and put consistant pressure on him. The Chargers have the physical O-Line and running game to keep the Colts offense off the field. LT would have a field day and the Chargers would win the game. Oh well, we will never know, that's why there are playoff brackets and upsets happen.

I agree. The Pats matched up better with the Chargers than the Colts. The Colts would have had all sorts of problems with the Chargers. It's kind of interesting how matchups can work. You can have team A beating Team B, and Team B beating Team C, but Team C beating Team A. Part of winning a championship sometimes can be the luck of the draw.

Disagree. The Colts / Chargers matchup would have been after the Chargers pulled out a squeaker against the Pats. That game would have brought them down to earth.

And the Bears weren't the second best team in the league. Has there ever been a worse Super Bowl team than the 2006-07 Bears? Wow. They really stunk up the joint. Grossman was horrific. The Bears defense was absolutely manhandled. The Bears were no better than the 4th or 5th best team in the league.

Last edited:
My sadness of the Pats not winning it all is tempered by the fact
that we were luckyin San Diego and the injuries to key players.

But could Indy have beaten San Diego in Sand Diego, I think not as SD offense is a good if not better than Indy's with LT so indy would not be able to wear down the D as much???

I did not see this mentioned in Media but any

Thoughts???

This is a pretty good question.

However-SD lost for the same reason Marty lost his previous 5 playoff games-bad playcalling, boneheaded penalties, dropped passes, poor clock management, terrible special teams play, etc.

They just looked like they were playing scared.

*shrugs* I guess it's a good thing Marty's coming back next year.:rocker:

Funny Ryan how you said you would be here as long as NEM is OR the day you kick the stick; be careful what you wish for you horses *****.

1.Bob Sanders

Sorry. This just isnt' true.

1) Sanders is a great player when he sees the field. A true difference maker. No disputing his value.

2) SD's CBs played very well against NE. They were far better than they get credit for.

3) This is just complete lunacy. LDT would have run for at least 150 yards on Indy with an average of 6 ypc. LDT is one of the few otherwordly guys in the league right now.

4) Much of this would depend on how many guys Indy would have to allocate to stopping SD's rush. If Indy tries to sneak 2 guys into the flat SD would kill Manning unless they were beyond precise with it.

5) It is certainly plausible that SD would have done something stupid to affect that game. But Indy would have had to throw at least as many points on the board as they did against NE. Absolutely no way that Indy would have held SD under 34 points.

i don't know. but most of the "experts" are saying that indy was lucky not to have to play them down there. i still think, tho, that the two best teams in the nfl this year were the colts and the pats, unfortunately in that order (can't say we're better when we lost to them twice). the real sb was in indy two plus weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft