PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Easley's Release Change How You View Team Needs?

I think DT will be addressed early in the draft, but I thought that before Easley was released to. It is a very deep position that could create great value. With the amount of talent, somebody is going to slip down and that is what the Patriots look for, value. As much as I liked the idea of Easley, he never did much on the field, so if you didn't think DT was a big need before his release, your opinion should not really change.

I think DT will be addressed early in the draft, but I thought that before Easley was released to. It is a very deep position that could create great value. With the amount of talent, somebody is going to slip down and that is what the Patriots look for, value. As much as I liked the idea of Easley, he never did much on the field, so if you didn't think DT was a big need before his release, your opinion should not really change.

I have to shake my head, midwest. Easley had 10 pressures in 11 games. Only Sheard (24 -13 games) , Ninkovich (17- 16 games) and Jones (16 -15 games) had more than Easley did.

According to this, he still finished 4th on the Pats despite missing 5 games:
Defensive Hurries: 2015 NFL Season

In my eyes, Easley was having a break out year in terms of providing an interior pass rush that the Patriots hadn't seen before except from their LBs in the 3-4 2 Gap system. I felt that DT was something to draft, but now I feel it has to be one (or both) of the top 2 picks for the Pats.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back