PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does 2009 Jets at Pats game have any bearing on upcoming 2010 MNF game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patpartizan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Does last year's 31-14 Patriots Foxboro victory in which Sanchez threw 4 INT's and 1 fumble impact this year's game at all? Can a seasoned Sanchez avoid last years mistakes and play well enough to win? Every NY newspaper and Jets fan seem to ignore this 2009 game like it never happened. IMO Belichick almost always comes out ahead when he faces a team for the 2nd time in a season.

Last edited:
Sancheeze has not been lighting things up this season although he has had some decent to good games. But he has been winning and that is all that matters. He has made some nice escapes and throws under pressure when it counted so......I am not expecting a repeat performance....but I am also not expecting a 300+ yard, 3 TD performance either.

If the Pats shut down the run like they have against most teams with the exception of the Browns, and we force Sancheeze to bring the Jesters down the field via the pass, we have a good chance to get some picks.

To me that is the name of this game.....shut down the Jesters on the ground and we will win.

And Keller

I think what's going to get exposed next Monday is the Jets defense
I don't think they're anything special and Brady and Co. are going to prove that point just as they did with the overrated Raven defense.

Does last year's 31-14 Patriots Foxboro victory in which Sanchez threw 4 INT's and 1 fumble impact this year's game at all? Can a seasoned Sanchez avoid last years mistakes and play well enough to win? Every NY newspaper and Jets fan seem to ignore this 2009 game like it never happened. IMO Belichick almost always comes out ahead when he faces a team for the 2nd time in a season.

Absolutely no meaning or impact on this year's game.

The answer to that is very simple.

If you are a Pats fan, then what you described is a trend and it will most certainly be repeated.

If you are a Jets fan, then it was a learning experience for Sanchez and motivation for revenge for the rest of the Jets.

The answer to that is very simple.

If you are a Pats fan, then what you described is a trend and it will most certainly be repeated.

If you are a Jets fan, then it was a learning experience for Sanchez and motivation for revenge for the rest of the Jets.

And if you're a mature Patriots fan you follow the team mantra and realize that last years game, the Week 2 game, and any previous game have relatively little bearing on the outcome of the game next Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back