PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think we end up trading for a CB...or stick with what we have?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trade for CB?

• Yes

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts? I really want a trade for a decent vet CB...but i just don't know if it's going to happen. With Dennard and Arrington now gone i feel like they should given what we have

Good Q for a poll. :)

Teams aren't going to just give up their #1 CB. Trade candidates most likely will be either:

1. On the final year of their deal
2. Disappointing

Talib was both. He was in the final year of his deal and was inconsistent in Tampa Bay.

Possible Trade Candidates:

1. Johnathan Joseph: On the final year of his contract & the Texans extended Jackson/drafted Johnson in rd. 1.
2. Morris Claiborne: On the final year of his deal and has been a bust after being drafted 5th overall. The Cowboys seem set with Carr, Scandrick, and Jones.
3. Dee Milliner: The perfect candidate. The Jets spent a ton of $ on three CBs and this kid showed flashes the end of his rookie season & missed all of last year. The Jets won't trade him to us though.

----------------

I say we stay put. I don't think Joseph is worth a draft pick + 9 million in cap lost this year or next in potential carryover.

At this stage in the game, I don't think a trade for a CB is very likely except for maybe mid-season. A signing of someone cut during camp is more likely IMO.

Claiborne makes the most sense if any, but I think we stay Pat unless injuries or other circumstances pop up.

I'd say Chandler Jones for Desmond Trufant... but we just picked up his option, so no way that happens.

Claiborne makes the most sense if any, but I think we stay Pat unless injuries or other circumstances pop up.

That;s the thing..i find it hard to believe our CBs won't get SOME type of injury throughout the year. Where they miss a game or two ect. Maybe we get lucky?!

No first round pick in 2016 to trade and money that needs to be committed to extensions. Sure, it's a possibility but it's probably not going to be someone fans have their heart set on.

I wonder if say the first 6 games go by and our back end is just awful...will they make a move ect?

I wonder if say the first 6 games go by and our back end is just awful...will they make a move ect?
Of course, Belichick is not just going to do nothing if his secondary is awful after 6 weeks.

Of course, Belichick is not just going to do nothing if his secondary is awful after 6 weeks.

If no one is out there that they value or want however..they won't just make a trade to make one. They may have a few guys on the rader now they will keep track of throughout the year is my guess

You guys' wanting of Morris Clairborne is just baffling to me, but to each his own.

I wouldn't even know how or where you'd start with a proposal, or why we'd be remotely interested?

You guys' wanting of Morris Clairborne is just baffling to me, but to each his own.

I wouldn't even know how or where you'd start with a proposal, or why we'd be remotely interested?

Exactly. Clairborne would only take a roster spot away from someone that might actually do something. These guys might be inexperienced or they might be coming off bad seasons, but at least they've all flashed something at some point. Clairborne is a bust and a bad football player.

First of all need to know who is involved before a vote is cast, BB might be waiting for June Cuts to make another move..

Not sure our CB contingent is complete yet...

First of all need to know who is involved before a vote is cast, BB might be waiting for June Cuts to make another move..

Not sure our CB contingent is complete yet...

I believe we sign a june cut..who? Hopefully someone decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft