PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady in the back of his mind thought the Bucs could be this bad?

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Or not?

The Bucs are still on top of the division and control their destiny which is what teams thrive for in december...the only thing the Patriots control is where they will end up picking in the draft ... Jesus himself could not get this pathetic offense to score 30 points a few times a year.

Maybe he did. He was trying to get away.

He obviously knew there was dysfunction at some level because he tried to get out. But once recommitted I’m sure he didn’t expect this.

Amazing how those guys all bought in, won a Super Bowl, stuck together, and then checked out. And it all started in Y2. The Pats stayed together for 19 years without checking out.

Absolutely yes. It's why he "retired" which was merely a ploy to get away from Tampa Bay.

The biggest mistake of all may have been kicking Arians upstairs for Bowles. That team has 4 losses at most with Arians imo.

If that was Brady's idea, he probably has regrets about now.

Even with Bowles and that schedule, I never imagined it was possible they could have a losing record.

If they don't win the division and/or get blown out in WC weekend, you gotta fire Bowles imo.

Brady wanted to keep playing. The Bucs owned his rights.

Amazing how those guys all bought in, won a Super Bowl, stuck together, and then checked out. And it all started in Y2. The Pats stayed together for 19 years without checking out.
They're far from the same team. Half the OL isn't there (injured, retired, or signed elsewhere in FA). No AB. No Gronk. Brate 2 years older is a huge difference (he sucks now). Guys on defense like Whitehead, Suh, JPP were very good and no longer there. Evans seems to have gotten lazy and slower. Godwin is still pretty good, but not 100% back from his ACL tear.

And the Pats had Bill Belichick + many other very competent coaches throughout those 19 years. The Bucs have Todd Bowles and Byron Leftwich, whose competence isn't even good enough to be a waterboy for the Bucs... or work a Wendy's drive-thru.

Last edited:
The root cause is the offensive line dying in training camp (seriously fire the conditioning coach). These dumbass useless coaches have no idea how to scheme around a bad offensive line. Offense only works on no huddle when Brady calls the plays.

Absolutely yes. It's why he "retired" which was merely a ploy to get away from Tampa Bay.

This.

I'm one of the biggest Brady supporters in here but he got himself into this mess.

He planned to escape for greener pastures (Dolphins), that fell apart and got "stuck" with the team he is still under contract with.

The Dolphins are the #1 seed and SB contenders in the AFC with Brady this year. Alas, they may not even make the playoffs now.

This.

I'm one of the biggest Brady supporters in here but he got himself into this mess.

He planned to escape for greener pastures (Dolphins), that fell apart and got "stuck" with the team he is still under contract with.

The Dolphins are the #1 seed and SB contenders in the AFC with Brady this year. Alas, they may not even make the playoffs now.
If Brady continues his career then he seems to have increasing options for next season... Las Vegas, Miami and Tennessee being the most obvious. He and Sean Payton could consider hooking up somewhere else too... maybe even New Orleans.

He’s one of the problems they have
You could make that argument at times, in particular games, but on the whole Brady is keeping the team afloat. They have 7 wins and 3 came by way of Brady seizing control of the offense late to save their asses.

This.

If Brady was on either Miami, NJ or NE this season his team would probably already be in the playoffs.

I don’t know. Part of me says yes, but then you have to look at the war of attrition up front on the OL throughout the season, which has been the real thorn in Tampa’s side on offense. Nobody could have expected that.

As far as his “retirement” goes? Occam’s Razor says it was legit, he found out that Gisele was getting her cheeks beat by her BJJ instructor, who likely had an erection he couldn’t hide while they were rolling around on the floor at some point, and said “f.uck it” because he still wanted to play football.

EDIT: @Bella*chick what do you think? Knowing that Gisele is a bit of a hussy, do you think my Occam’s Razor resolution makes sense? Maybe Tom found out that the dude was face f.ucking her at Mach 10 and decided to come back?

I don’t know. Part of me says yes, but then you have to look at the war of attrition up front on the OL throughout the season, which has been the real thorn in Tampa’s side on offense. Nobody could have expected that.

As far as his “retirement” goes? Occam’s Razor says it was legit, he found out that Gisele was getting her cheeks beat by her BJJ instructor, who likely had an erection he couldn’t hide while they were rolling around on the floor at some point, and said “f.uck it” because he still wanted to play football.
Your toxicity is off the charts today lmao

Your toxicity is off the charts today lmao
I finally have some time to post this week, and I need to get that evil out of me before contributing anything of substance.

Brady is basically having a replay of his 2019 season for pretty much the same reasons - the talent isn't there for various reasons (dead OL the biggest one this time) and he's getting frustrated having to work around scrubs all the time.

The odds he bails for a different "has everything but the QB" team for One More Run are very high. Whoever has the most stacked OL probably wins.

PFF seems to think the Las Vegas has the best OL out of LV/MIA/NO

Brady is basically having a replay of his 2019 season for pretty much the same reasons - the talent isn't there for various reasons (dead OL the biggest one this time) and he's getting frustrated having to work around scrubs all the time.

The odds he bails for a different "has everything but the QB" team for One More Run are very high. Whoever has the most stacked OL probably wins.
Don't forget about Dummy Bowles. Brady must be beside himself dealing with this clown.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST