PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division game Saturday January 10th at 4:35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming over for the game from the UK. Haven't got tickets yet. Any advice on how I can get any?. Been on geekseat and seen tickets for the nose bleeds for $200. Is that the going rate for the playoffs?

I think it is safe to say that if the Broncos and Patriots meet in three weeks in Foxboro, it won't be 60 degrees with no wind like last year.
Not a sure bet.
Weather pattern has not been anything close to winter like so far.

Coming over for the game from the UK. Haven't got tickets yet. Any advice on how I can get any?. Been on geekseat and seen tickets for the nose bleeds for $200. Is that the going rate for the playoffs?
For playoff tix..it is yes. Obviously, market conditions will determine whether tix $$$ go up or down . I'd look on seat geek stubhub daily and see. If there is something that u feel comfortable with don't hesitate otherwise..its gone

Pretty much the going rate. Very very expensive. I trust stubhub more than seatgeek.

I prefer the 8:30 Saturday games myself. But unlike Tune I won't be in the stadium freezing my ass off. But watching it at home I like 8:30 games.

I totally agree. I don't know. I love the 'look' of a night game in the playoffs which is why I'm ok with any game except for "Sunday at 1". Obviously here in New England 4:30 starts will still have the appearance of a 'night game'.

Anyone else scratching there head over Seattle getting the 8PM slot on Saturday?!?

I mean, I figure that spot should go to the most likely ratings monster.

The NFL passed on Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, AND the much storied Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field?!?!?!?

I would have bet anything the Packers would have been hosting that spot....I mean, Aaron Rodgers, Lambeau Field, and the potential of America's Team (the Dallas Cowboys) coming to town.

Unless Detroit upsets the Cowboys (which could happen), the prime time Divisional playoff game will be "Arizona at Seattle" or "Carolina at Seattle". I think both would EASILY be the worst game of the weekend.

Anyone else scratching there head over Seattle getting the 8PM slot on Saturday?!?

The NFL passed on Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, AND the much storied Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field?!?!?!?

I would have bet anything the Packers would have been hosting that spot....I mean, Aaron Rodgers, Lambeau Field, and the potential of America's Team (the Dallas Cowboys) coming to town.

Unless Detroit upsets the Cowboys (which could happen), the prime time Divisional playoff game will be "Arizona at Seattle" or "Carolina at Seattle". I think both would EASILY be the worst game of the weekend.

Well it happened that way for two reasons. The divisional round Saturday at 8 pm game rotates between conferences. Last year it was Indy vs NE. Year before that in 2012 it was packers 49ers. Year before that in 2011 it was broncos patriots the tebow game.

So the NFC has the Saturday night game this year. The only other option while keeping the AFC games as is would be to switch Seattle to 1 pm Sunday and GB to Saturday 8pm. Obviously that's not possible due to Seattle being in the pacific time zone.

I guess the other way they could have made it would be this way:

Saturday 4:30 TBD @ denver
Saturday 8:00 TBD @ Green Bay
Sunday 1:00 TBD @ New England
Sunday 4:30 TBD @ Seattle

I'm happy they didn't though cause I'm not a fan of 1 pm games especially in the playoffs. Also I'm happy cause the Saturday game gives us an extra day of rest should we win

This is the perfect time for more that one reason.

1. While we have close to 2 weeks to prepare for the divisional game, the team we play against . will likely be on a short week. If that's the case, that's a big disadvantage for a team that also has to travel.
2. It gives us the maximum amount of time between the division game and the AFCCG

No surprise here. The AFC got the Saturdsy night game last year. This year they are flipping it so the NFC gets the prime time slot...

Ah yes, flipping AFC and NFC makes sense. Also, I can see why they wouldn't want the Seahawks game on at 1:00 SUNDAY.

It's just very unfortunate as that prime time game will be by the FAR the matchup I am the least interested in (unless the Lions upset the Cowboys, a Lions/Hawks game has much more appeal to me than Panthers/Hawks or Cardinals/Hawks)

I only know this because it's my birthday but the Pats have played on January 10th twice in the BB/TB era. The first was the divisional round in 03 vs the Titans which was a great, and cold, day. The second was the 09 wild card game vs the Ravens. That was an awful, and cold, day.

I think it is safe to say that if the Broncos and Patriots meet in three weeks in Foxboro, it won't be 60 degrees with no wind like last year. And if Talib has his third straight AFCCG where he goes out early due to injuries, it won't hurt the Pats like it did the previous two seasons.
Early forecasts have snow/rain/wind in some mix the next three weekend's.

Here Petey, Petey, Petey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back