PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dirtiest Team/ Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

420jim

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Broncos by far are the dirtiest team today. Period.

Shannahan coaches them to go for the knees/ legs every time. And on a spike Nalen goes after Olshansky's legs for no reason but to injure.

drew4008 said:
Did anyone see what Nalen did on that play where Olshansky was ejected?

ON A SPIKE, he intentionally goes for Olshansky's knees trying to injure him (by the way... on a spike ball, OLmen DO NOT block, let alone CHOP at knees). Just completely despicable, I wouldn't blame Olshansky at all for what he did. Nalen should be fined at the very least.

Yes I did see that, and the Bronco's just took the title of "Dirtiest Team" away from the Raiders.

I took this Quote from a different thread, maybe the Moderators could combine this with the other.

mgcolby said:
Not only did he go after his knees, he did it after the ball hit the ground.

(This quote too.)

I bet the NFL ignores the blantent attempt at a season ending injury and fine Olshansky instead, because he took execption to the unwarrented attack.

420jim said:
The Broncos by far are the dirtiest team today. Period.

The Patriots aren't exactly a bunch of choir boys either. Last year Mankins grabbed Denver's Ekuban in the nuts and this year Seymour stomped on Tarik Glenn's helmet and chest.

kurtinelson said:
Last year Mankins grabbed Denver's Ekuban in the nuts

Let's not go confusing friendly affection with unsportsmanlike conduct.

Just reading your subject line I was going to post the Donks. It's one thing, for a player, to have an emotional moment it's another to be consistently tackling leading with your helmet.

Well, just so you know, John Madden said it was okay for Nalen to do that. And John Madden is always right.

kurtinelson said:
The Patriots aren't exactly a bunch of choir boys either. Last year Mankins grabbed Denver's Ekuban in the nuts and this year Seymour stomped on Tarik Glenn's helmet and chest.

That was after Ekuban stepped on his hand after the play.

primetime said:
Well, just so you know, John Madden said it was okay for Nalen to do that. And John Madden is always right.
Madden is an idiot.. Nalen should be fined and IF Goodell has any guts he will tell Den..to stop with the chop blocking..someone should NAIL Nalen...that simple...Denver is quite dirty..

Is there a rule saying you can't block on a spike? Had the whistle blown when Nalen initiated contact? If Nalen had carried out the 'block' would it have been legal, given it was an ordinary running play?

If the answer to 1 and 2 is no and 3 is yes....then Nalen's block was legal. Kind of ****ish to have legal blocking be at the knee level, but them's the rules. Maybe they should change the rules.

What I don't understand is why doesn't the other team just dive at the QBs knees on a blind side CB sack? Kind of like what happened to McGahee in the Bowl game. Payback. I'd do it if I were losing to them in the playoffs. Ruin their season.

mcbee said:
What I don't understand is why doesn't the other team just dive at the QBs knees on a blind side CB sack? Kind of like what happened to McGahee in the Bowl game. Payback. I'd do it if I were losing to them in the playoffs. Ruin their season.

There is a rule against that. You're not allowed to go low on the QB. I can't remember what the exact wording is on the rule. I remember Rodney got flagged against Drew Bledsoe when he hit him just above the knee.

It was a spike, everyone knew it was a spike. You don't rush the passer on a obvious spike, and you don't wait till the ball is spiked then go for the knees of an opposing player. If a spike is a "LIVE" play, the spiking the ball should be intentional grounding.

It was a cheap shot plain and simple, uncalled for and the league should do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News