PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Colts go cheap on Super Bowl Rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this really isn't a big deal. Even if they didn't spend as much money as Kraft did, the rings still look damn nice. They won the SB and got their ring - we have 3 and we're looking to increase the number, but it's just really pointless to criticize the rings of an organization that really don't look bad.

I also like the "Indy is cheap" comments.:rolleyes:
And Indy's going to the toilet? With Polian's management, Peyton's play, and Dungy's coaching, I'd be surprised if it happened. As much as we hope it happenes, I just doubt it.

I don't think Irsay is cheap. Indy has had cash flow issues in the past, and he has had to sell property to pay signing bonus's. Any talk of cheap is pretty bitter. They won this year. We didn't. Let them have it...

They may not see it again for a while... :rocker:

Last edited:
I mean come on here....they won the super bowl. lets get over it and win it next year! Stop *****ing about the other guys rings...

They played some tough playoff games and earned a title. Yes, it sucks that they went through us to get it, but a couple of the Indy/Manning bashing threads here sound like some of the threads over at the Chargers' boards. It's just juvenile.

I don't think Irsay is cheap. Indy has had cash flow issues in the past, and he has had to sell property to pay signing bonus's. Any talk of cheap is pretty bitter. They won this year. We didn't. Let them have it...

Don't get me wrong, I was only referring to the people who were calling the Colts cheap, not you. I think what they did was impressive seeing how they are a small-market team with not much money outside the cap to spend.

They may not see it again for a while...

Well, we can hope.:cool:

Last edited:
I mean come on here....they won the super bowl. lets get over it and win it next year! Stop *****ing about the other guys rings...
Get over yourself, will you? The Colts cannot be criticized or talked about in any area because they won the superbowl?

Are you cracked?

The Colts won the superbowl. That means in your mind that everything about them is super wonderful and everything they do is super great, beyond reproach in every way?

I don't think so.

The Colts won the superbowl, so now we all have to say, "What a great draft they had. It was brilliant trading next year's #1 for an OLineman that won't play this year," or you and the BS poster will have a hissy fit?

Sorry, girls. Dry your tears and unbunch your panties. If you don't like this thread, stop reading it and stop posting in it.

Bottom Line: When you as an owner of a team worth half a billion dollars will only spend on rings as much as you are reimbursed by someone else, and refuse to put up a penny of your own money to reward your players, yeah, a reasonable person might call that cheaping out.

Last edited:
Ummm, if Kraft spends little, he is a wise business man, looking out for organizational interests. Listen, had the Colts spents gobs, you pee pees would say, "jeez, that ring looks like sheet, they over paid"

Some of you have rational thoughts, the others? Priceless!

And your pearls of wisdom are award winners too; get over yourself assclown..............

FWIW, I actually like the ring. The Pats rings are almost a little too blingy.

That being said, I still think the Colts are champions on a technicality. How often do you get to play the second half of the AFC Championship game against your opponents' third stringers?

Wow the Colts actually used faux sapphires for the coloring of the heel on their superbowl ring? That is pretty cheap. Come on Irsay, kick in 100 bucks apiece to get the real stones in there! It's not as if sapphires are as pricey as diamonds. The horseshoe is your own team emblem, and it's the championship ring for crying out loud!

I won't even get into the cracker jack 3rd tier rings more than to say I'm curious what they look like.

weird, i thought those were the best looking sb rings out of all of them

weird, i thought those were the best looking sb rings out of all of them

They were pretty classy. The only upgrade could have been using genuine sapphire instead of artificial sapphire. They used artificial to get a consistent matte blue Colt shade of blue. The Colt ring contract was given to a local Indy jeweler instead of the usual MN jeweler who made 29 of the previous 40 SB rings. Sure, the big ring makers kick in extra $$$ to make gaudy, ridiculous rings that are only suited as museum pieces to be put in a safe and not worn in public. The Colt rings are designed to be worn. Either way, the team owners of those ridiculous rings don't pay the extra $$$ - the ring companies do. So Irsay wasn't being any more cheap than Kraft - they each only had to pay the NFL maximum of $5000.

Yeah, your right, those Dolts rings were designed to be worn, kind of like the High School class ring I bought and wore about three times; better yet, when one of the Dolts and the girl he is dating end up going steady, she can wear it on a chain looped around her neck, sweet.....................

Wow. If Charger fans are obsessed with our team, we are completely obsessed with the Colts.

They were pretty classy. The only upgrade could have been using genuine sapphire instead of artificial sapphire. They used artificial to get a consistent matte blue Colt shade of blue. The Colt ring contract was given to a local Indy jeweler instead of the usual MN jeweler who made 29 of the previous 40 SB rings. Sure, the big ring makers kick in extra $$$ to make gaudy, ridiculous rings that are only suited as museum pieces to be put in a safe and not worn in public. The Colt rings are designed to be worn. Either way, the team owners of those ridiculous rings don't pay the extra $$$ - the ring companies do. So Irsay wasn't being any more cheap than Kraft - they each only had to pay the NFL maximum of $5000.

Wrong!!!!!
Kraft paid the difference out of his own pocket. You're spreading more Colts rumors. Also, for the last time, THERE IS NO NFL MAX. There is only the max that the NFL will pay. Try again.

this is from the NFL site. Notice how it says "the team" wouldn't disclose the cost? That's because Kraft paid the difference...
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/7419732

If the company ate the cost, then they would have been more than glad to state how generous the company was.

Last edited:
The Colts won a Superbowl? Is that what happened after I turned my TV off after the AFC Championship and have not turned it on since?

BelichickFan, the reason Dolts fans hang around here is comically simple; to be ballbreakers and constantly remind us their team won the Super Bowl last year.

Take the newest assclown, Indydrummer, just about everyone of his posts are ballbreaking in nature, was he here in 2003 and 2004 when the Dolts came here in the playoffs and got their asses handed to them, nope, he was not.

When the Dolts go in the toilet this year like other fraud Super Bowl Champions have in the past (see Tampa Bay and the Ravens), he will go away eventually like a bad case of the crabs.....................

I come here because I like a different perspective. I find Colts boards to be a bit of a circle-jerk sometimes. You guys offer a different take, even if it is sometimes delusional.;) :D

This thread sounds alot like the idiotic jealousy that has been (and still is) prevalent on Indystar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back