PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Colts go cheap on Super Bowl Rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts are cheap, without a doubt.

Pats spent a lot less money on player salaries than colts did last year..

Not by design...

The rings were because they didn't want to dip into their pocket. lol

That has to be the most ambiguous statement I've read in awhile.

A lot less? They ended the season .5 mill against the cap. I guess to a Colts fan 500k is a lot because your owner is so cheap.

Does it really matter what the Colts spent on their Super Bowl rings of if Young Frankenstein got to bring his parents to the ring presentation event?

Bottom line is the Dolts have beaten us three in a row and went through us to get to the Super Bowl; all I am focused on at this point is beating them on the field, not off of it based on what Kraft spent on rings............

I think the point is not that the Colts deserved the rings. The point is that the Colts are spreading rumors and people are buying into it. There is no max on Super Bowl rings. They just didn't want to spend the extra. They should have just said that they spent 5 grand and left it at that.

Irsay is a cheap mofo, no two ways about it.

The worst part to me? Using synthetic sapphire for the horseshoe...?!

I guess the league didn't pony up extra for real sapphire as they would for the gold and diamonds.

It was given to them on a silver plater which makes the ring a lot more valuable :p

not true. That's just what the Colts said because they didn't want to look cheap. The league only provides 5K but it doesn't say you can't spend more. They just won't pay the extra. The only max is the losing ring that can't be more than half of that 5k or 2500.

http://www.superbowl.com/features/general_info

If you look at the gray inset to the right, you'll see what the league says about the rings

"Cost of Super Bowl rings: League pays for up to 150 rings at $5,000 per ring (plus adjustments for increases in gold and diamonds). League also pays for 150 pieces of jewelry for the losing team, which may not cost more than one-half the price set for the Super Bowl ring."

The article is the original post says that the max is $5000. Maybe they put a cap on it after teams were making ring that were so costly.

I read several articles leading up to the making of the rings and the presentation that stated the max they could spend was $5000. I don't know when or why they made the change, but that's what the articles stated.

A faux ring for a faux champion.

It was given to them on a silver plater which makes the ring a lot more valuable :p

Don't forget the privilege of hobnobbing with Archie Manning at the ceremony. ;)

I think you were reading Indy sources. lol

Again, there has been no rule change. The only limit is what the NFL will pay. I'd like to see those sources. No matter how many times Colts press says it, it isn't true. You guys won, and you deserve the ring but this 5000 max is BS and I'd like to see an NFL source that says it is maxed out at 5k. lol

Are we a little bitter?
Just amused that you keep trying to say that $5,000 is the max allowed, when it is only the max the NFL will pay for.

Tell you what, we all acknowledge that the Colts won the superbowl last year. Why don't you acknowledge that your superbowl rings are the cheapest in years, and the the "class rings" are a joke.

Freakin' delusional whiner Colts fans.

Why in the hell would you give a part time secretary a $5,000 Superbowl Ring? All teams do this........
Like I said earlier it was the "class ring" wording that made me roll my eyes.

Oh well, enjoy your one time.

See you in January
I wish that were true - unfortunately it seems like we'll be seeing you (not your team, you) around here before that.

I never go to Colts' forums even when we were beatig them, not sure why you guys hang out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes