PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Colts go cheap on Super Bowl Rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that were true - unfortunately it seems like we'll be seeing you (not your team, you) around here before that.

I never go to Colts' forums even when we were beatig them, not sure why you guys hang out here.

Take a quick look at the COLTS BOARD .....there are more Patsie fans there than there are here. (you know who you are).......

Take a quick look at the COLTS BOARD .....there are more Patsie fans there than there are here. (you know who you are).......
Did I talk about all Patriots' fans ? They may be as pathetic as you. I was speaking for myself.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Kraft paid the amount over the $5000 but it seems like the ring companies get the contract and may lose money on the deal?????? I agree the tiering is pretty cheap and a class ring for a Super Bowl victory.....!!!!

http://www.docsports.com/super-bowl-ring.html
. As a result, the ring companies are footing the rest of the bill after the NFL's initial $5,000 offering. The recipients of these super-rings don't seem to mind.

That site is incorrect. Kraft DID foot the difference in the bill for the rings. It was well publicized each time they got a new ring.

I read several articles leading up to the making of the rings and the presentation that stated the max they could spend was $5000. I don't know when or why they made the change, but that's what the articles stated.

Sorry, but the MAX that the LEAGUE will spend on rings is $5000. The team owner can kick in as much or as little as he wants on the rings. That is what Bob Kraft did.

BelichickFan, the reason Dolts fans hang around here is comically simple; to be ballbreakers and constantly remind us their team won the Super Bowl last year.

Take the newest assclown, Indydrummer, just about everyone of his posts are ballbreaking in nature, was he here in 2003 and 2004 when the Dolts came here in the playoffs and got their asses handed to them, nope, he was not.

When the Dolts go in the toilet this year like other fraud Super Bowl Champions have in the past (see Tampa Bay and the Ravens), he will go away eventually like a bad case of the crabs.....................

BelichickFan, the reason Dolts fans hang around here is comically simple; to be ballbreakers and constantly remind us their team won the Super Bowl last year.

Take the newest assclown, Indydrummer, just about everyone of his posts are ballbreaking in nature, was he here in 2003 and 2004 when the Dolts came here in the playoffs and got their asses handed to them, nope, he was not.

When the Dolts go in the toilet this year like other fraud Super Bowl Champions have in the past (see Tampa Bay and the Ravens), he will go away eventually like a bad case of the crabs.....................

I can't speak for everyone, but that's not why I come here.

Indydrummer=assclown, see above post for example. No doubt about it, you're what, twelve years old?

Enlighten us all packhorse and explain why you come here, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your answer............

I don't think the ring lookds bad, just not really attractive. It looks like the kind of ring I'd give to a teenager until he learned how to handle real jewelry.

Last edited:
Indydrummer=assclown, see above post for example. No doubt about it, you're what, twelve years old?

Enlighten us all packhorse and explain why you come here, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your answer............

Why do you have to call me names? Have I done anything to you?

I come here to participate in discussions with football fans that most likely have differing opinions to mine. When a message board is full of people that all have the same core feelings, discussions can get boring. I could elaborate more, but given that you addressed me, you have probably already made up your mind about me.

I'm mostly a lurker, as you can tell by my join date/post count, but I don't think workhorse fits the stereotype being lobbed at all Colts fans who post here. There is another one (Ryan?) that also participates in the discussion, often times disagreeing with everyone, but not being a jack ass about it. IndyDrummer is just a message board troll. He's a stray cat that will go away as soon as everyone stops feeding it every time it comes to your door.

Workhorse seems alright.

The rings are fine. My only point was that they shouldn't have made a statement that isn't true. They should have just said "this is the ring".

You've got to beat the best to be the best and that means beating the Colts this year. It will be a little different for them with a target on their back so we'll see.

Caspir,
Everything you said is 100% dead on accurate; I guess I painted with a broad brush and lumped all Dolts fans who come here as trolls, which may or may not be correct.

I find it odd that fans from another team would come to a rivals message board to "talk football", why not do it over on your own forum; it has been my experience since joining here that 99% of them are ballbreakers.

After the 2003 and 2004 losses to the Patriots in the playoffs, I didn't see lots of Dolts fans joining up here to "talk football", but I did after the Dolts won the AFC Championship game is all............

Maybe Colts owner is trying to keep the players hungry for more rings. Like get a cheap ring today, win again and I will buy u a better one? It could be a good strategy!

IMO, this really isn't a big deal. Even if they didn't spend as much money as Kraft did, the rings still look damn nice. They won the SB and got their ring - we have 3 and we're looking to increase the number, but it's just really pointless to criticize the rings of an organization that really don't look bad.

I also like the "Indy is cheap" comments.:rolleyes:
And Indy's going to the toilet? With Polian's management, Peyton's play, and Dungy's coaching, I'd be surprised if it happened. As much as we hope it happenes, I just doubt it.

Can we stop this Indy Jealosy thread? This is embarrasing....

Caspir,
Everything you said is 100% dead on accurate; I guess I painted with a broad brush and lumped all Dolts fans who come here as trolls, which may or may not be correct.

I find it odd that fans from another team would come to a rivals message board to "talk football", why not do it over on your own forum; it has been my experience since joining here that 99% of them are ballbreakers.

After the 2003 and 2004 losses to the Patriots in the playoffs, I didn't see lots of Dolts fans joining up here to "talk football", but I did after the Dolts won the AFC Championship game is all............

I have had an account on a colts board for over a year, and my post count is probably about the same as it is here. I find it helps me appreciate the Pats more, as I get to see how fans of other teams perceive us as fans and the organization.

...If they would only clue into the fact that I an not from New England.... :)

I was thinking a little of the same thing...

I mean come on here....they won the super bowl. lets get over it and win it next year! Stop *****ing about the other guys rings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes