PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did BB and Caserio sleep through the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it highly ironic that people here are claiming that no one is freaking out yet in a thread titled "Did BB and Caserio sleep through the night?"

What is most mind bogglng is why the wait so long to lock up their own FA

e.g. Bodden, Wilfork and Brady

They do give the perception that they are dragging their heeels
News flash ramon: Wilfork was franchised, he never became a free agent capable of signing elsewhere. He most likely could not have been extended earlier because it would have put the team over the cap in 2009.

News flash II: Brady is not a free agent, he is under contract. Makes more sense to extend him in an uncapped 2010 than a capped 2009. For that matter the team can wait to see if there's even going to be football in 2011 before signing him, and they can franchise him then if they need to while working out a deal.

As for Bodden, it seemed obvious to me from the contract he signed last year (a one-year deal including a clause that he would not be franchised) that he was going to see what he would be offered as a free agent this spring. Obviously the Pats are aware of the situation at CB and are going to make an attempt to keep him. Just because he hasn't been signed, it doesn't mean the team has made no effort to get him under a new contract.

The chances of us re-taining Bodden are slim to none. Obviously they weren't going to pay him a lot of money, but surely some dumb team will. I highly doubt Bodden returns unless a miracle happens.

The chances of us re-taining Bodden are slim to none. Obviously they weren't going to pay him a lot of money, but surely some dumb team will. I highly doubt Bodden returns unless a miracle happens.

So if a team overpays for a player they clearly want it makes them dumb?

Who the **** are you to be calling people morons is what I wanna know cool guy, easy to talk when your just typing isnt it?

Some of you are playing the NFL offseason like Madden 10 - This is LIFE not a video game..grow up if you think the team will go and sign 3 of the top 10 Marquee free agents and Kraft is going to dump 100 Million like some of these teams that go nowhere year after year doing the same thing and even worse now with no cap and an unsettled CBA ...

I get ill with all the crap spewing from morons who think NFL business is a video game - its real life and real money,you just don't click a controller and have a top guy join your team....give me a break.

This team will take care of its guys and get Jason Taylor or 30+ type guys to add some veteran knowledge to this system,no flashy 20 million dollar guys anymore - Adailus Thomas was a RARE exception to the rule in New England with his pretty large contract and he failed the test,that should tell you something about what looks like sure fire big dollar big time players is not really always guaranteed sure fire players.

Some of you are playing the NFL offseason like Madden 10 - This is LIFE not a video game..grow up if you think the team will go and sign 3 of the top 10 Marquee free agents and Kraft is going to dump 100 Million like some of these teams that go nowhere year after year doing the same thing and even worse now with no cap and an unsettled CBA ...

I get ill with all the crap spewing from morons who think NFL business is a video game - its real life and real money,you just don't click a controller and have a top guy join your team....give me a break.

This team will take care of its guys and get Jason Taylor or 30+ type guys to add some veteran knowledge to this system,no flashy 20 million dollar guys anymore - Adailus Thomas was a RARE exception to the rule in New England with his pretty large contract and he failed the test,that should tell you something about what looks like sure fire big dollar big time players is not really always guaranteed sure fire players.

Dude, look at all the Super Bowls and playoff appearances "big spending" Washington has the last decade. Very impressive compared to the "cheap" Pats record over that same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News