PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant walks off the field with 1:21 remaining in Cowboys’ loss to Packers...

Sorry but I'm with Dez on this.

After that MASTER MEGA ULTRA CHOKE, it's better leave the field than lose your composure.

People were complaining about him a few weeks ago for that, this time he just left.

I know you stay with your teammates but it's just too many picks in the 4th quarter, Tony Romo is a joke, the Dallas cowboys is a joke on december, it doesn't change.

This guy is competitive and he wants to win badly. Dallas is simply a wrong place for him.

That post was in jest, right?

Call me crazy but If the Patriots had Dez Bryant yesterday we wouldn't miss Gronk.:snob:

I honestly think Dez is too emotional to play on our team. But after watching that game from beginning to end, I have to give him a break. They choked away that game in only a way that the Cowboys can. They were averaging over 7 yards a carry at one point and refused to run the ball.

The Packers needed every second they could get to muster a comeback and Romo was more than happy to give it to them with picks and ridiculously fast three and outs. I watch a lot of football games besides ours and this might have been one of the worst time managements I have ever seen. Its extremely funny to watch Romo choke. It is different from a Peyton choke, because it seems like he goes out of his way to make it happen and then looks confused as if he didn't do it on purpose.

When you watch a Cowboy game, expect horrible snaps and Romo's patented backyard football failure at some point. Rex Ryan needs to be the next coach of the Cowboys. Rex + Romo=topping butt fumble.

Call me crazy but If the Patriots had Dez Bryant yesterday we wouldn't miss Gronk.:snob:

Great athlete, two cent brain.

He wouldn't be able to learn the route tree.

Last edited:
Doesn't he still have a babysitter that goes with him everywhere in real life because of his child like tendencies?

Something wrong upstairs...

He's definitely mentally unstable. It's unfortunate, because he's such a great talent, but he's not all there. Some day, he's going to be involved in something bad, I can just see it happening. WR Justin Blackmon went to Oklahoma State also, and he's a nut too. Maybe there's something in the water ?

yet garrett backs the behavior...imagine a player doing this to BB

Doesn't he still have a babysitter that goes with him everywhere in real life because of his child like tendencies?

Kind of wish the Patriots had given Hernandez a babysitter. Of course, to prevent Hernandez getting into trouble, that babysitter would probably have had to be armed.

Great athlete, two cent brain.

He wouldn't be able to learn the route tree.

Tired of these "Wouldn't be able to learn the Route Tree" excuses about passing on great, game-breaking WRs, like we did, it's getting old.

Would Demaryius Thomas fall into the same category ? The spot we traded out of to Denver in the 2010 draft ? Aye-yi-yi Lucy........

Kind of wish the Patriots had given Hernandez a babysitter. Of course, to prevent Hernandez getting into trouble, that babysitter would probably have had to be armed.

Whooo...whooo that hurt manman.:D

Yep, he's their new Terrell Owens. Unbelievable that they think they can win with headcases like this whose mental, um, deficiencies outweigh their talent. I include Romo in that group as well.

Didn't Moss do something similar in Minnesota once? Maybe not 1:21 but it was before the game was over. I might be remembering incorrectly though...

He may have Randy Moss was not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree either especially in his earlier years.

I would point out that Moss was also a Rolls Royce Phantom of a wide receiver and Dez Bryant is a Lexus, he is a nice player but not a rare sight in my opinion.

Your crazy, Dez Bryant is a good WR but he is not as special as people try and make him out to be. He is not even a top 10 wide receiver in my opinion.

1. Calvin Johnson Jr.
2. AJ Green
3. Josh Gordon
4. Demaryius Thomas
5. Julio Jones
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Andre Johnson
8. Brandon Marshall
9. Alshon Jeffery
10. Antonio Brown

I would put him behind these guys and maybe even a few others like Decker, Cruz, Nelson, V Jackson, D Jackson, Brown and others.

Apparently he told reporters it was so no one would see him cry.

I dunno, I kind of believe the guy. I mean, Brady had a presser yesterday in which he was clearly pissed and chose not to continue. I don't fault him for that. I guess it being a presser is different though, even though the game was basically over.

I watched that, and all I got out of it was he waited for someone else to ask a question and nobody did so he bolted. Could he have waited longer? Sure but he was not happy obviously.

It really wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. He even said "Thank you" before he left.

Guy is pretty amazing but, he'd reach Doug Gabriel depths of BB's doghouse and Brady would probably strangle him before that even happened.

No matter why he walked off the field he has to realize a player of his profile doing what he did would cause the distraction it has. More bad judgement on his part.

Sorry but I'm with Dez on this.

After that MASTER MEGA ULTRA CHOKE, it's better leave the field than lose your composure.

People were complaining about him a few weeks ago for that, this time he just left.

I know you stay with your teammates but it's just too many picks in the 4th quarter, Tony Romo is a joke, the Dallas cowboys is a joke on december, it doesn't change.

This guy is competitive and he wants to win badly. Dallas is simply a wrong place for him.
The guy's a mental case. I wish your fantasy team well.

Andre Johnson did the same thing a few weeks ago after fighting with Schuab, it was just before kneel downs. Not much was made of it....

He may have Randy Moss was not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree either especially in his earlier years.

I would point out that Moss was also a Rolls Royce Phantom of a wide receiver and Dez Bryant is a Lexus, he is a nice player but not a rare sight in my opinion.

Yeah, Randy Moss was probably the second best player in history to ever play the position, and considering that the greatest WR is the unarguable best football player in history, that's saying a lot for Moss. Bryant's also a violent short-fused headcase who assaulted his mother, Moss was a media-adverse introvert who liked to smoke weed once in awhile and was considered a terrible person because he, uh, fake mooned people (jesus, remember that outrage? he literally pantomimed mooning and was raked over coals)

They aren't really comparable by any stretch.

As for Romo, he's got more come-from-behind victories in the last 5 years than Tom Brady does. But yeah Brady ****s magic and Romo is a choker, let's just eat up that ESPN narrative because why not

(Note I'm not saying Romo is a better QB than Brady because that's insane, but he's the best QB that franchise has ever had and has been substantially better over the course his career than all but a select few veteran quarterbacks - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers)

I agree that Romo is under-appreciated by Dallas fans. They compare Romo teams to those led in other eras by Aikman and Stauback (and blame Romo for any losses). Aikman and Stauback both had much better supporting casts, and a much better environment for building and keeping players.

As far as the modern day, there is more to being a better quarterback than career stats.

There are several current quarterbacks other than Romo that I would much prefer to lead my team for a year or two or three or four (in addition to the obvious four that you mention).

(Note I'm not saying Romo is a better QB than Brady because that's insane, but he's the best QB that franchise has ever had and has been substantially better over the course his career than all but a select few veteran quarterbacks - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers)

There are several current quarterbacks other than Romo that I would much prefer to lead my team for a year or two or three or four (in addition to the obvious four that you mention).

I agree if we're talking the next few years, but in 2005 there really would be few guys worth choosing over him for the future. Maybe Eli, Roethlisberger, or Rivers. I'd take Romo over any of them, including the two with two rings apiece (I'd also take Rivers over them, for what it's worth). Steelers Romo or Giants Romo probably also wins 2 rings with those teams.

Instead you gets Cowboys fans complaining because the best quarterback in their franchise's history is a choker because he held the ball wrong that one time because when you think about it, being the emergency backup holder should be what you judge a quarterback on

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back