PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant or Sergio Kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, do you see how you directly contradict yourself with the next part of what you said?

Are you related to the GM of the Detroit Lions by any chance?

I said that talent like bryants doesn't come along all the time....It doesn't to name a few off the top of my head you have Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson with the speed and size of Bryant.....

I said that we could draft a stud in next years draft but that doesn't mean by "stud" that they have the intangibles that Bryant has......

I will tell you one thing is i know what I am talking about....I break down film for some high school and semi-pro teams now that I done playing......

No I don't work for the Detriot Lions but I have done some film study with Joe Vitt the LB's coach for the Saints (he is my boss's brother in law) so I do know what I am talking about......

I said that talent like bryants doesn't come along all the time....It doesn't to name a few off the top of my head you have Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson with the speed and size of Bryant.....

I said that we could draft a stud in next years draft but that doesn't mean by "stud" that they have the intangibles that Bryant has......

I will tell you one thing is i know what I am talking about....I break down film for some high school and semi-pro teams now that I done playing......

No I don't work for the Detriot Lions but I have done some film study with Joe Vitt the LB's coach for the Saints (he is my boss's brother in law) so I do know what I am talking about......
I'm on your side. Bryant is a rare talent. He's got speed like Moss but an ability to make cuts that I've never seen 6'2" guys make. Kindle seems like a nice player but he's no where near Bryant's league. Bryant is an impact starter on day one.

We can get a pass rusher in round 2, like you pointed out. We don't have to "solve" that problem with the first pick in the draft just because it appears to be our biggest weakness. Bryant could be our #1 for years to come, and wideout will be a big hole next year if we don't address it in 2010. In terms of immediate impact, I think he'd start drawing double teams rather quickly, which could open up Moss ala 2007, especially when Welker comes back.

I guess all I can think of is Chad Jackson with baggage :eek:

Williams or Gilyard in Rd 2. Both have been worked out by Pats.

I read somewhere Andre Roberts (Citadel) is a sleeper and may be around in Rd 4. He also has had a Pats workout.

I like Gilyard. The rest eh! Here is the problem. They are all slot receivers. All are 175lb to 190lb guys. In the NFL they will be stuffed right at the line. Those kids will be far fetched to get off the press. I don't care if they have the skill of catching a pass the would make The Flying Wallendas jealous, if they can't get off the LOS. You have to have a different type of WR than what we have now in Edleman and Welker when he comes back.

Our #3 WR should be able to separate asap and have enough size to beat the press. A not mentioned guy could be Denario Alexander from MO. Recovery from injuries but a 4.51 guy at 6'5" and led the NCAA in receiving yards. He actually beat out Mackin but got hurt in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk

BOX, You there? Information?
DW Toys

Last edited:
I'm not sure Bryant's 4.52 Pro Day (NFLDS reports 40 Time Range: 4.49-4.68) translates as speed like Moss.

I like Gilyard. The rest eh! Here is the problem. They are all slot receivers. All are 175lb to 190lb guys. In the NFL they will be stuffed right at the line. Those kids will be far fetched to get off the press. I don't care if they have the skill of catching a pass the would make The Flying Wallendas jealous, if they can't get off the LOS. You have to have a different type of WR than what we have now in Edleman and Welker when he comes back.

Our #3 WR should be able to separate asap and have enough size to beat the press. A not mentioned guy could be Denario Alexander from MO. Recovery from injuries but a 4.51 guy at 6'5" and led the NCAA in receiving yards. He actually beat out Mackin but got hurt in 2008.

BOX, You there? Information?
DW Toys

The irony here is that Alexander's biggest problem is his inability to get off the jam. Press coverage is his kryptonite.

Roberts, on the other hand, has the shiftiness, hand fighting, strength, and savvy to consistently beat press coverage. He absolutely has the ability to make a living on the outside in the NFL. I think he's a Greg Jennings/Deion Branch type, with maybe a little Eddie Royal thrown in. Great route runner, excellent hands (best catch percentage of any active player in college), ridiculous production, return abilities, etc. I'd love to see us draft him somewhere in the late 2nd to early 4th.

I'm not sure Bryant's 4.52 Pro Day (NFLDS reports 40 Time Range: 4.49-4.68) translates as speed like Moss.
I'm not sure 40 times are all that relevant when it comes to evaluating game speed. Maybe saying he's as fast as Moss is a stretch, but the guy can definitely get downfield in a hurry.

I'm not sure 40 times are all that relevant when it comes to evaluating game speed. Maybe saying he's as fast as Moss is a stretch, but the guy can definitely get downfield in a hurry.

Saying he's as fast as most is a huge stretch. He's really not even that close. He's a good player but he's not Moss-like with his ability to stretch the field.

The closest thing I've seen to another Moss is AJ Green who I would like us to grab in the 2011 draft. He's tall and lanky and can fly just like Moss. Great leaping ability on jump balls, body control, and hands.

Saying he's as fast as most is a huge stretch. He's really not even that close. He's a good player but he's not Moss-like with his ability to stretch the field.

The closest thing I've seen to another Moss is AJ Green who I would like us to grab in the 2011 draft. He's tall and lanky and can fly just like Moss. Great leaping ability on jump balls, body control, and hands.

That is what I said in my First post was to grab bryant at 22 if he is there....Address the pass rush in the 2nd round this season and next season grab an AJ Green and we will have Bryant and Green on the outside with Welker and edelman in the slot....Brady would be ecstatic......

The irony here is that Alexander's biggest problem is his inability to get off the jam. Press coverage is his kryptonite.

Roberts, on the other hand, has the shiftiness, hand fighting, strength, and savvy to consistently beat press coverage. He absolutely has the ability to make a living on the outside in the NFL. I think he's a Greg Jennings/Deion Branch type, with maybe a little Eddie Royal thrown in. Great route runner, excellent hands (best catch percentage of any active player in college), ridiculous production, return abilities, etc. I'd love to see us draft him somewhere in the late 2nd to early 4th.

Good post.
DW Toys

kindle just seems like a bust. dez bryant is a randy moss type steal

Aye but then we all know that straight forward speed doesn't account for much in this offense. It's a plus, but a good receiver in this offense needs to be at the right place at the right time. This is why, while I would look at Dez Bryant, I would rather have Golden Tate. Speedy, smart, and has been in the system before.

Kindle, defense wins championships. I would rather have Golden Tate than Bryant who's a volcano ready to erupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe