PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty pro bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
A truly bizarre statement.

I don't buy them in crunch time in the playoffs. Chandler jones is the only defensive player i trust when the season is going to be on the line.

I don't buy them in crunch time in the playoffs. Chandler jones is the only defensive player i trust when the season is going to be on the line.

are there a plethora of other players out there that you do?

are there a plethora of other players out there that you do?

On the patriots or in the league?

List of patriots i have trusted in clutch time
Tom brady
Ty "i fought the law and the law won" Law
Tedy bruschi
Richard seymour
Rodney harrison
Troy brown
david givens
Ben watson
mike vrabel
Matt light
cory dillion
Gronk
Chandler jones
And Adam vinatieri

Wellp, you know what they say about opinions.

I just don't buy most of the players on this team at all.

Really hard to argue with this given the record they have posted the last few years (13 to be exact). Hard to understand how Belichick keeps his job? They are consistently picking in the top 5, don't have to pay anyone because they always suck, and still can't win. This is just a shoddy organization and no one is more responsible for how bad they are than Belichck. I really think Kraft only keeps him because he's a cheap bastard and Belichick wants the job so bad he works pro bono. I can't wait for this frigging Belichik/Brady era to be over, maybe the cheap bastard Kraft's will sell and we can get a real owner, like Woody Johnson or the Ford's.

personally I am really thankful for the realists like you, who aren't afraid to crap all over a crappy team for all its crappy players and performances. We need more like you so the rose colored idiots don't create a false reality where they are really successful.

I think i'm being extra hard on dmc because i never got over the fact the patriots traded dez bryant to get him.

I think i'm being extra hard on dmc because i never got over the fact the patriots traded dez bryant to get him.

Exactly. I mean the Cowboys had to hire a babysitter for him when the Patriot's already had Aaron Hernandez to guide him. Hell, they could be bunkmates right now, instead the prisoner has to go it all alone.

I can't say that I blame you, I get sooooo mad when Belichick doesn't do exactly what I would do, hell they could have Welker on the team for the next 6 years at only 40-50 million if they had just listened to me. But noooooooo, Belichick had to do it his way and the Bronco's just came in here and wiped the floor with them. I'm pissed, and neither I nor Belichick know anywhere near as much about fantasy football as you do.

Pizza Paddles Watson? I wouldn't trust him delivering my pizza. I'd have to be like that Lions player that broke his arm trying to save it.

One thing I will say even though I know I've removed you and Ivan from this thread for bickering, I've looked over your previous posts and I need you to ease up a little on the negativity. They're 9-3 and still have just as good a shot at anyone in the AFC of going deep into the postseason. So try and find a "Glass half-full" scenario here and there. Still a lot of football left to go :cool:

Last edited:
Feel free to provide some videos to reinforce your point if you believe that to be true.

Just watch any game. The last game.

Occasionally McCourty will stick his head in there but not often.

One thing I will say even though I know I've removed you and Ivan from this thread for bickering, I've looked over your previous posts and I need you to ease up a little on the negativity. They're 9-3 and still have just as good a shot at anyone in the AFC of going deep into the postseason. So try and find a "Glass half-full" scenario here and there. Still a lot of football left to go :cool:

I think he is a jests fan, so I wouldn't pay any attention to him.

Just remember that while at Oklahoma St., they had to dumb down the offense for him on a regular basis because he couldn't run the proper routes; and that's not even bringing into acct all of the character concerns, attitude problems, and questionable work ethic.

Not the typical Bill Belichick kind of first round pick, so I don't think we can really hold that against him.

That's hilarious. After initially comparing McCourty to Tebucky Jones and generally making a bunch of asinine evaluations, you're still making things up to diminish the guy.

Easier to just admit you were mistaken.

Jack, I didnt mean to diss your favorite NE Patriots player. If you want to believe that Devin McCourty is your very own Ed Reed, go right ahead.

The NE pass defense was near the bottom last year, yet some still believe the myth that McCourty was elite back there. McCourty is definitely playing better this year as the whole pass defense has come together. McCourty has made some plays, but some games have been better than others.

McCourty does in fact avoid contact. Take off those rose spectacles and watch sometime. You wont have a clue what youre actually watching, but at least give it a go. You can still be McCourtys # 1 fan afterward. That wont change.

His tackles are on the low side. Advanced NFL Stats Player Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference