PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin Mccourty overall a top 10 cb in the nfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Brandon Flowers anywhere? He's been just about the best there is this year.

Whats you point? He's in his 3rd year. Very good player for sure.

Is he on the same level as Revis? No.

McCourty's a baller. Loved him at Rutgers. I think he's on pace to be a top 5 CB in the league. In today's terms I'd say he's top 15 or top 20 which is outstanding for a rookie.

Not going out on a limb and saying he will be better than x or y because no ones a fortune teller.
Athlete's are only an injury away from falling down the pecking order (see Marcus Dupree for the could have been).

All that said I'd rather see encouraging signs from McCourty than not. What the future holds is anyone's guess but right now, he's out performed even the wildest expectations one could have.

(P.S I'd love to see him end up with 8 or so interceptions this season to have a crack at a serious pro-bowl bid). :p

McCourty is definitely going to be a stud, but it's not fair to compare him to Revis.

Lets wait a couple years...Revis was All-Pro his 2nd year and had arguably the greatest corner season ever in his 3rd year. This year (his 4th) he has looked just as good if not better than last year while 100%.

Revis is only 25 and getting better as well.

They are both going to be stars for a long time.

McCourty is definitely going to be a stud, but it's not fair to compare him to Revis.

Lets wait a couple years...Revis was All-Pro his 2nd year and had arguably the greatest corner season ever in his 3rd year. This year (his 4th) he has looked just as good if not better than last year while 100%.

I'm exceptionally high on Revis but he's looked far more beatable this season than he did last season.

2010 Revis is not as good as 2009 Revis.

Last edited:

Fellas...Revis has been very good when healthy this yr...

To make a play or even a catch on Revis there has to be a perfect throw..or a great play made by the WR...ie...Randy Moss wk 2

Now Brady can make some perfect throws...guys like Brady can beat Revis on occasion...although he will beat Brady now and then as well...

Fellas...Revis has been very good when healthy this yr...

To make a play or even a catch on Revis there has to be a perfect throw..or a great play made by the WR...ie...Randy Moss wk 2

Now Brady can make some perfect throws...guys like Brady can beat Revis on occasion...although he will beat Brady now and then as well...

Agreed and my comment is a testament to his year last year.

Revis has been beat a couple times this yr yes....and was a b#$%h for holding out...but what other corner makes this play vs. Calvin Johnson? And you can see it wasnt luck...Darrelle was looking at the ball...

YouTube - Darrelle Revis vs Calvin Johnson 11/7/2010

Showing a video of Revis' interception from this year doesn't prove that he had a better rookie season than McCourty is having now. I obviously think Revis is a superb CB (probably the best in the league). But I also think it is very debatable to say that McCourty is having a better rookie season than Revis had. Does that mean he will be close to as good or even better then Revis in the future, not at all. But I do love the lightning fast progression he has made so far this year.

Last edited:
Showing a video of Revis' interception from this year doesn't prove that he had a better rookie season than McCourty is having now. I obviously think Revis is a superb CB (probably the best in the league). But I also think it is very debatable to say that McCourty is having a better rookie season than Revis had. Does that mean he will be close to as good or even better then Revis in the future, not at all. But I do love the lightning fast progression he has made so far this year.

I agree. McCourty looks great and btw is light years ahead of Kyle Wilson...this wasnt an interceptions btw...just an insane play

I agree. McCourty looks great and btw is light years ahead of Kyle Wilson...this wasnt an interceptions btw...just an insane play

Yeah, and even being a Pats fan I will concede to you that I think Revis is currently the best CB in the game. Granted, I live in NYC and get to see Revis a lot compared to other CBs around the league. The point is that Revis is an excellent corner, and McCourty could be well on his way to becoming an excellent corner. I remember reading an article where it said the McCourty has said he models his game after Revis, and I am perfectly fine with that.

I'm exceptionally high on Revis but he's looked far more beatable this season than he did last season.

Revis had some struggles early because of his injury and not being in 100% game shape. Since the Denver game he has been at least as good as last year, maybe better.

He held Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings (while on him), and Andre Johnson to a combined 61 yards. He wasn't on Greg Jennings the entire game for some reason, but was on the other 3 the whole time.

You can't do much better than that.

Revis had some struggles early because of his injury and not being in 100% game shape. Since the Denver game he has been at least as good as last year, maybe better.

He held Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings (while on him), and Andre Johnson to a combined 61 yards. He wasn't on Greg Jennings the entire game for some reason, but was on the other 3 the whole time.

You can't do much better than that.

Uh, no. There are screenshots on here of at least 4 snaps against the Lions where he's not on CJ. I'm guessing there are more, but we know for sure that he wasn't those three "the whole time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye