PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Desperate times in KC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
RAC has announced that he is replacing Matt Cassel with Brady Quinn for the simple reason that something's gotta give and he and Pioli are on the hot seat and it's time to get the players attention... Quinn not working out cost him and Daboll their gig in Cleveland...so the logic is tortured. Change for change sake because nothing else is working in KC. He and possibly Pioli and almost certainly Quinn will be in the same boat as Matt in another 9 weeks...

Adam Caplan's post on Philadelphia Eagles | Latest updates on Sulia

This may be fortuitous. Maybe we can grab Romeo back as our defensive coordinator to replace the guy that isn't doing the job now.

Last edited:
There was some joker on this site who tried to argue Daboll was a good OC. I forget who it was, but he has stunk everywhere he has been.

Too bad it's not far enough along to grab Bowe in a fire sale.

A good coach doesn't make a change to get people's attention', they do it because they think the change will impact the team in the right direction.

Neither BB nor the Honeybadger care what people think.

Last edited:
Pioli made an egregious error when he saddled his tenure in KC on Cassel as his franchise QB. He, out of all people, should have known that Cassel was just the product of the NE system when he performed well in 08. It's unfortunate for RAC. He's a good coach and he's been stuck with Quinn, Cassel, and now back to Quinn.

This may be fortuitous. Maybe we can grab Romeo back as our defensive coordinator to replace the guy that isn't doing the job now.

3qnf9o.jpg

7395_crop_340x234.jpg

Yeah, he's done such a bang up job with young rebuilding defenses chock full of talent since he left the veteran unit he coached here several years ago... They're only giving up an average of 31 points per week this season... Unless RAC brings Rodney and Law and Bruschi et all in their primes back with him, I'll pass. Cassel might make a nice veteran backup here for the duration, though, if he isn't toast after the last 4 years in KC.

Pioli made an egregious error when he saddled his tenure in KC on Cassel as his franchise QB. He, out of all people, should have known that Cassel was just the product of the NE system when he performed well in 08. It's unfortunate for RAC. He's a good coach and he's been stuck with Quinn, Cassel, and now back to Quinn.

The mistake he made was trying to replicate what he left in NE minus a competent coaching staff. As for RAC, he drafted Quinn...which is why he's even still in the game as a backup in KC.

cassel has been the 25th, 8th, 24th, currently last, rated QB since he joined Cleveland. In that same time Sanchez has been 30, 23, 24, 28th.

So Cassel i would have has the potential to be a decent QB in the league(you don't get to be the 8th highest rated qb for an entire season by accident). I think the turn style at OC and coach, as well as the lack of consistent weapons has hurt him.

Brady quinn is a joke.

We all want to say cassel is a system qb here in NE but really look at the stats, teh 2 rookies that came into the league the year cassel signed with KC Flacco and Ryan.

Career Ratings: Cassel:81.1 Flacco:85.7 Ryan:89.5

Last edited:

A “system” QB, you mean like having a good O-line and competent receivers? Maybe consistency in their OC and system would help a lot, as would not having a psychotic like Todd Haley as the head coach.

Cassel had a fantastic year in KC in 2010 when Charlie Weis was the OC. It isn't a talent issue in KC, it's bad coaching at the coordinator level and below and Pioli, Cassel, and Crennel are going to be the victims of it.

I would offer a First and a Second for Mr Bowe.

Last edited:
I would offer a First and a Second for Mr Bowe.

I hope you mean your First and Second child,because Belichick would never give up 2 primo draft choices for any receiver,not named Larry Fitzgerald:)

KC's made a number of mistakes, but making Romeo the head coach was a big one. He's better than Haley, but not by much, and neither one of them is any good. Romeo's an excellent DC, but some guys just can't make the switch from coordinator to coach, and it looks like he's probably one of them.

Brady Quinn is beyond terrible. I'm not sure what Crennel is hoping to achieve.

Honest question for everyone, does anyone think Romeo can actually come up with game plans to help fix this atrocious secondary we have ? I'd be thrilled to have him back. Patricia seems too vanilla as far as his defensive schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes