PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong but if we traded for him doesn’t his bonus accelerate and the Eagles own that leaving us responsible for this –

2014 – $10,500,000 Base Salary, $250,000 Workout Bonus, $10,750,000 Cap Number
2015 – $9,750,000 Base Salary, $250,000 Workout Bonus, $10,000,000 Cap Number
2016 – $9,750,000 Base Salary, $250,000 Workout Bonus, $10,000,000 Cap Number

He is a good player not sure that I would pay him $10M a season for the next three years though, I think he would have to take a pay cut to be considered by the team.

To clarify, I was looking at it from Philly's perspective ("If Philly was going to trade him then..."), as to why/when they may want to attempt to trade him. Those numbers I wrote reflect the Eagles' obligation, not what the Pats or any other potential trade partner's would be.

Your numbers should be correct for any team trading for him.

From the Patriots' perspective, those numbers should also preclude any serious discussion about the Pats trading for Jackson.

He'll be a Jet (if he's traded). Hope I'm wrong.

Stop it. Just stop it. For all that holy in the world, for God's sake, for the nation's sake, for the sake of my personal sanity. Please, JUST STOP IT. I mean, does EVERY WR who becomes even "possibly" available, need its own thread???????????????

Deshaun Jackson - Yeah lets sign him up. Often injured, more interested in the money than the field, small, costs $10MM/year AND a draft pick. Yup, just what the Pats need :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: etc, etc, to infinity!

The media, or someone has brainwashed the public into believing that one of the LEAST important, most easily replaceable, and redundant positions on the field is somehow so important that every team needs at least 3 all pro talents in order to win a football game. Forget about the fact that almost ALL of the league's top WR's play for teams that seldom make it to the playoffs, let alone win superbowls.

Give me a F'n break here. We desperately need a DE, DT, a C, 2LB'a and 2 more TE's, yet if a freakin' WR, who is too smal, not durable, infinitely too expansive and doesn't really fit what we need, becomes available, immediately the WR nazis throw up another thread and 2 days and 100 posts later band space is wasted until the next new boy toy is there to be discussed.

Philly looking for at least a third apparently. I'm not completely opposed but 10.5 is a lot of money. I don't know how much we have exactly now and where a Vince restructure will put us but if Kraft is srs about "spending to the cap" it's probably not out of the question depending upon who else were looking to sign and how much they'll cost.

I highly doubt we are considering this move. We are not giving a 3rd and we are not taking on that contract. Not to mention we have very little cap left and other needs/depth.

We always inquire anyway, means nothing.

if they are going to pay 10 mill for a WR like him..then just go all out for Fitz

Jackson being a more versatile player (and younger) probably sits better with Belichick. Jackson can do it all from return kick offs to taking it to the house on an end around.

Fitzgerald is the better WR but he's older, more expensive and more one dimensional (but it's one great dimension!)

BILL ALL IN! Gotta luv it how he's addressing all areas and continues to lock up players and look into whose out there. Interesting to see how Wilfork plays out with release and does Amendola figure into Pat's plans as well.

I would give them a Second to swap Amanda for Jackson.

To clarify, I was looking at it from Philly's perspective ("If Philly was going to trade him then..."), as to why/when they may want to attempt to trade him. Those numbers I wrote reflect the Eagles' obligation, not what the Pats or any other potential trade partner's would be.

I was actually asking, not correcting you, I was not sure if we still take the full hit or not.

Can we just lock this thread and pretend we didn't read it?

It's not happening and it's not worth discussing. If you want DJax on the Patriots go play Madden 25 and make it happen there.

This is reality.

It's not happening and it's not worth discussing. If you want DJax on the Patriots go play Madden 25 and make it happen there.
Replace "DJax" with "Revis" and you have a post that would have worked perfectly 2 weeks ago as well as now :p

I highly doubt we are considering this move. We are not giving a 3rd and we are not taking on that contract. Not to mention we have very little cap left and other needs/depth.

If the Pats could get Jackson within the cap they would most certainly give the Eagles a 3rd round pick.

This is reality.

Revis was also "not happening" according to many here...BB is buddies with chip kelly

This is reality.
It's comments like this that make me want to go back and bump all the revis rumor threads and expose the idiots who thought for sure they knew it all and revis would never take a pay cut. Speaking in absolutes is a recipe for disaster in the NFL. Not saying anything is likely or imminent but be careful.

This is reality.

Thank you. Not interested in DeSean Jackson unless he is cut and signs on for "prove it" money. If upgrading the WRs is that much of a need at this point, bring in Kenny Britt for low dollars.

Stop it. Just stop it. For all that holy in the world, for God's sake, for the nation's sake, for the sake of my personal sanity. Please, JUST STOP IT. I mean, does EVERY WR who becomes even "possibly" available, need its

Take a chill pill. I think all the threads connecting a player to the pats is overwhelming here at time. However there is a report specifically making a connection to the player and the pats in this instance. For this reason I think you need to chill here

it's too bad Kelly's not stupid enough to want wilfork

Highly doubtful we get jackson. I think the salary/cap numbers are unworkable. He'd have to take a big cut which doesn't seem likely. He's not a hall of game talent like revis where you make an exception

This is reality.

yeah you have it all figured out all right :rolleyes:

Thank you. Not interested in DeSean Jackson unless he is cut and signs on for "prove it" money. If upgrading the WRs is that much of a need at this point, bring in Kenny Britt for low dollars.

Britt is done, he has no knees and is a shell of himself. Why would we want to sign a decrepit WR on the cheap "if upgrading the WRs is that much of a need?" And Why the hell would Jackson sign for "prove it money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back