PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork + Amendola for DeSean Jackson

Do it. Atleast that way Wilfork's out of the conference and the Broncos don't sign him.

Thank you. Not interested in DeSean Jackson unless he is cut and signs on for "prove it" money. If upgrading the WRs is that much of a need at this point, bring in Kenny Britt for low dollars.

What does Jackson need to prove?

Replace "DJax" with "Revis" and you have a post that would have worked perfectly 2 weeks ago as well as now :p

Theres a difference. We didn't have a #1 corner on the roster when Revis rumors started happening.

Want to know another difference? We had cap space.

If your response is to release Wilfork straight up then that just creates another hole.

DJax is a problem child with a **** attitude (the reason he's being shopped) and only cares about money. Revis took a "discount", if you will, and has never been a serial headcase.

DJax's medical history is also troubling, don't we have enough of that with our WR corps?

I don't believe a single season has gone by without him complaining about something, except maybe last year, where we didn't hear much out right, but he and Chip Kelly apparently aren't the best of buds. How do you think someone who likes to be in the spotlight will handle Foxboro?

Please. Kill this thread. It's stupid.

Why would the Eagles want Wilfork?

They play the 3-4 and the backup NT is <300lbs and the starting one is barely over 300...weren't they pretty average against the run too?

Not that anyone would take on Wilfork's contract, mind.

Looks like his cap hit this year is 12.5 mil, I don't see anyone giving up much for him.

I don't watch the Eagles much but. Jackson is a pretty serious deep threat right?

Looks like his cap hit this year is 12.5 mil, I don't see anyone giving up much for him.

Actually $10.5. Team trading for him does't take $2M hit on bonus.

If the Pats could get Jackson within the cap they would most certainly give the Eagles a 3rd round pick.

You can always find a way to fit someone under the cap if you want to but at what cost. That's not how you operate a team it's how you play Madden. Say we re-do his contract, you still need to cut or restructure someone on this team and then turn around and use that money to fit him. After that you still have to cut/restructure some more so you can fit depth/draft etc. And at the end give up a 3rd. I mean it's asinine. We are not the Carolina panthers desperate for a WR. I am all for adding but at what cost?

Saying all that i just don't see it period.

I don't watch the Eagles much but. Jackson is a pretty serious deep threat right?

1332 yards on 82 catches with 9 TDs last season.

I'd rather trade for Justin Blackmon.

He just needs a new environment.

Can we just lock this thread and pretend we didn't read it?

It's not happening and it's not worth discussing. If you want DJax on the Patriots go play Madden 25 and make it happen there.

This is reality.

People just relax. It's not that serious sheesh. Should we Lock up the Revis thread because some people didn't see him being here either ? . Whether people like to admit it or not desean or Fitz makes us a better team. What's wrong with having a discussion about the possibility of having them on our team. Again not a big deal.

His contract is way out of whack. This one might not happen.

DJax is a problem child with a **** attitude (the reason he's being shopped) and only cares about money. Revis took a "discount", if you will, and has never been a serial headcase.

DJax's medical history is also troubling, don't we have enough of that with our WR corps?

Randy Moss
Ocho Cinco
Corey Dillon
Aqib Talib
Albert Haynesworth
and most recently, Brandon Browner

BB and the Pats will take a chance on a player if they feel there could be a big payoff.

Desean Jacksons rap sheet isn't even nearly as bad as Moss, Ocho Cinco, Talib, or Haynesworth.

Randy Moss
Ocho Cinco
Corey Dillon
Aqib Talib
Albert Haynesworth

BB and the Pats will take a chance on a player if they feel there could be a big payoff.

Desean Jacksons rap sheet isn't even nearly as bad as Moss, Ocho Cinco, Talib, or Haynesworth.

Did you forget Mevis too? :rolleyes:

Very much so.

If money wasn't an issue, he would be a blessing to this offense.

This one I don't buy . . . but to play along, recreating 2007 :

Moss --> Jackson (a lot shorter but just as explosive)
Welker --> Edelman
Gaffney --> LaFell
Watson --> Gronk
Maroney --> Ridley
Faulk --> Vereen

Yeah, that sets up fairly well. But even with Dobson in place of Jackson it's not bad.

Randy Moss
Ocho Cinco
Corey Dillon
Aqib Talib
Albert Haynesworth

what is Jackson's rap sheet?

1380506254703.jpg

Randy Moss
Ocho Cinco
Corey Dillon
Aqib Talib
Albert Haynesworth

Why are Browner, Talib, and OchoCinco on that list?

They are all harmless to the locker room.

Browner was one of the most loved teammates in SEA and there is nothing to suggest his coaches didn't love him either. He was also a free agent, not a trade, and signed an extremely team friendly contract that leaves us on the hook for only 1m of the 16.9 max value.

Ochocinco just likes to talk, hardly a cancer. Cost a pair of late picks (5+6) and redid his deal (3yr 6.35m).

Talib, as far as I know, never had locker room issues, his trouble was all off the field.

Randy Moss came for a lower draft pick (4th vs 3rd minimum eagles are reportedly seeking) and agreed to a 1 year $3m contract with a max value of 4.75. Jackson's cap hit is over 12 million for the final 3 years of his deal. He still doesn't believe he's making enough money

Albert Haynesworth cost an even lower draft pick, a 5th, and he also restructed his deal, I don't remember the numbers, but it was a significant paycut.

Corey Dillon is the only argument that could be considered valid as he costs a 2nd rounder, however, i cannot find any salary cap information, though I doubt it rivals DJax's number against todays salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back