PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

Yes because it is an accurate analogy he is associated to an accused murderer who he has signed under his record label and Bob Kraft is associated to an accused murderer who he had signed to an NFL contract. What's so eye rolly about that?

Wow.. all these times, I didn't know Bellichick and Kraft were homies with Hernandez's posse. These 2 should be charge with accessory to murder!

Wow.. all these times, I didn't know Bellichick and Kraft were homies with Hernandez's posse. These 2 should be charge with accessory to murder!

You need to pull out a dictionary and look up the word associate. Both are associated via their employees being accused of a crime.

You need to pull out a dictionary and look up the word associate. Both are associated via their employees being accused of a crime.

Check your terrible analogy first.

tfp.png

You are the one floating that idea. I agree it is stupid.

You said that Jackson will open up things underneath because of the two or three deep passes (which could be his target total for many games) will make people play over the top.

The Pats are not that type of team to utilize a deep threat more than a small handful of times.

You are the one floating that idea. I agree it is stupid.
The only stupidity is the suggestion that Desean Jackson would not thrive in this offense (if we could put the baggage aside).
The Pats are not that type of team to utilize a deep threat more than a small handful of times.
Yeah, Randy Moss sure sucked when he was here. Made the entire offense weaker too.

I can't help you since you're so dead set on remaining ignorant. All I can do is accurately point out that not a single person in this thread - besides you - considers Jackson's talent an issue.

You're obviously obsessed with having the last word (as is your custom), so please feel free to have it. It doesn't make you any less ignorant.

Check your terrible analogy first.

Actually if the dude works for Jackson's label and AH worked for Kraft/BB then how is his analogy wrong?

"affiliation" is a loaded word. It's extremely nebulous, and your now seeing how that works both ways

Yeah but realistically what are they supposed to say this was a terrible move by Chip and the organization, these types of situations are hard to gauge in terms of what the players actually think.

Well, no. It's more about what they didn't say than what they did say (see Jeremy Maclin).

First, deep threats are overrated. Brady isn't going to get a deep threat and start hucking it down the field. Contrary to popular belief, Moss wasn't just running go routes. That isn't his game and it isn't utilizing his skills most effectively. Get a deep threat who can play 10 plays a game and that is enough. Brady is a surgeon, not gun slinger. He's not Brett Favre. And at 38 years old, you really don't want to make Brady into more of a gun slinger where he has one of his main targets on the field only running go routes.

Route running CAN BE a function of bad coaching. Most of the time, it is a function of player being incapable of running routes cleanly. There are a lot of bad route running WRs in this league and some of them are on very well coached teams.

Dude you are just wrong here. This is one you should sit out.

Actually if the dude works for Jackson's label and AH worked for Kraft/BB then how is his analogy wrong?

"affiliation" is a loaded word. It's extremely nebulous, and your now seeing how that works both ways

In DJax's case, 'associated' means 'bros', 'buddies', whatever you want to call it.... someone you hang with off the field.

Hardly the case with BB/RK and the prisoner... they were merely his coach and employer respectively.

In DJax's case, 'associated' means 'bros', 'buddies', whatever you want to call it.... someone you hang with off the field.

Hardly the case with BB/RK and the prisoner... they were merely his coach and employer respectively.

The problem is that's not what it means.

I can pull up a photo of BB kissing AH's elbow. He liked the guy.

You can also pull up a photo of Desean with this guy. It means about the same thing.

Yes because it is an accurate analogy he is associated to an accused murderer who he has signed under his record label and Bob Kraft is associated to an accused murderer who he had signed to an NFL contract. What's so eye rolly about that?

He wasn't just an employee of Jackson, he was a friend with whom he posed for pictures WHILE he was in jail on trial for murder. He was his homie. His pal. Jackson knew what he had done and that he was in a gang and was all "hip hip hooray and such".

You cannot say the same about Bob Kraft. He was not friends with a known degenerate low-life gang member/thug murderer.

Kraft cut Hernandez the moment he was arrested because he valued his reputation more than the money it was going to cost him to wait it out. I find it hard to believe we'd pursue Jackson in light of the allegations. It doesn't even matter if they are true or not, it's simply perception, and obviously, Kraft cares about perception.

Sign this beast! Either we get him... or the Jets do. I want him on my side next season

Exactly, if you wanna go to war, you wanna be in a fox hole with a guy who knows more Crips than the Jets do. Please note my sarcasm.

The problem is that's not what it means.

I can pull up a photo of BB kissing AH's elbow. He liked the guy.

You can also pull up a photo of Desean with this guy. It means about the same thing.

The difference is BB doesn't hang with AH after work. Desean does as some of the pictures taken in bars, etc.

The difference is BB doesn't hang with AH after work. Desean does as some of the pictures taken in bars, etc.

So that means what exactly? You think BB and AH never attended after work functions? Possibly. But the point is D-Jax isn't responsible for that man's decisions.

He wasn't just an employee of Jackson, he was a friend with whom he posed for pictures WHILE he was in jail on trial for murder. He was his homie. His pal. Jackson knew what he had done and that he was in a gang and was all "hip hip hooray and such".

You cannot say the same about Bob Kraft. He was not friends with a known degenerate low-life gang member/thug murderer.

Kraft hosted AH during a Gala for his wife's charity and accepted large donations from him as well. That qualifies as after work functions for me.

But it means exactly the same thing as your attempting to infer. Nothing.

I really, really was looking forward to having him on our team (but obviously for less money).

On the drive home I heard the speculation about his gang ties and my heart fell a little because I knew this was now a no deal for us (and rightly so).

So now I'm of a mind that we lure him in for a great price and then trade him for a couple of 4th round picks.

That's what I do in Madden.. ;)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back