PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

Desean Jackson released

And here I was thinking Robert Deniro wasn't really a gangster because he just played one in a movie but today I learned EVERYTHING in media is to be taken literally.

you can listen to some punk brag about raping women, killing people indiscriminately, robbing and assaulting innocent people on the street, dealing every kind of heavy narcotic, soul murdering illegal drug,impregnating as many women as a dog on the street running wild and then switch to Pink Floyd without missing a beat?

you are a genius....just not on this planet

So you refrain from watching any movie that depicts violence I guess?

Your so against it that when you watched John Wayne shooting people off horses you immediately switched off your television set.

Amirite?

And the lyrics and delivery by people who are truly skilled at it is most certainly art, and it blows away the fluffy pop-crap music that most people listen to.

yup....Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five....Public Enemy...the golden age of hip hop was magnificent.

Armed gangs of drug dealing thugs murdering innocent people while they hide behind "recording studios" from Atlanta to La..from St Louis to New Orleans...THAT so called "art" is pure bullshyt and any right thinking person of character knows it.

gee whiz...where on earth would they ever get THAT idea....?

ssm-crips.jpg

I should be afraid of all middle aged science teachers too? Because Walter white killed a bunch of people on breaking bad.

All white adult males that ride motorcycles must be in gangs like
Sons of anarchy too right?

It's entertainment, sorry you don't get to act sanctimonious about it when you glorify it in every other art form.

So you refrain from watching any movie that depicts violence I guess?

Your so against it that when you watched John Wayne shooting people off horses you immediately switched off your television set.

Amirite?

No...you're not right.

And here I was thinking Robert Deniro wasn't really a gangster because he just played one in a movie but today I learned EVERYTHING in media is to be taken literally.

You live out there. Did you ever see Desean hanging out with guys who were up to no good? Perhaps he started making trouble in your neighborhood?

You live out there. Did you ever see Desean hanging out with guys who were up to no good? Perhaps he started making trouble in your neighborhood?

Why can't I like this post more....

Wow. Talk about getting to know everyones "true colors"! I've read a lot of great posts in the past from the same people who are making the most asinine comments in this thread. It really is shocking.
Who the hell, and what the hell right does anyone have to question "art"?
That is the life they knew, and grew up in. It is reality. Just cause its unpleasant doesn't make their words untrue in their music.
Ignorance is bliss...best hope Desean doesn't sign in the AFC.

Wow. Talk about getting to know everyone's "true colors"! I've read a lot of great posts in the past from the same people who are making the most asinine comments in this thread. It really is shocking.
Who the hell, and what the hell right does anyone have to question "art"?uh....art critics?
That is the life they knew, and grew up in. It is reality. Just cause its unpleasant doesn't make their words untrue in their music.
Ignorance is bliss...best hope Desean doesn't sign in the AFC.

using "art" as a front for illegal activities ranging from large scale drug dealing to murders is reprehensible in a civilized society. Espousing the acts of walking up to innocent people on the street and blowing their brains out and then laughing about it and going back to the studio to smoke more crack and blunts is NOT art. It's CRIMINAL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=atl...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

using "art" as a front for illegal activities ranging from large scale drug dealing to murders is reprehensible in a civilized society. Espousing the acts of walking up to innocent people on the street and blowing their brains out and then laughing about it and going back to the studio to smoke more crack and blunts is NOT art. It's CRIMINAL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=atl...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

OK maybe "question" was the wrong word, but to condemn an artist for their craft is ridiculous.

Spare me the rapsheets.

Should the Pats ever have a PSU player on their team after the Sandusky scandal? I mean they are all "technically" related to the incident.

DeSean Jackson didn't change; #Eagles did when Chip Kelly became coach. Don't buy gang hype.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/449738145610100736

DeSean Jackson didn't change; the Eagles did when Chip Kelly became head coach. The Eagles knew about Jackson's alleged gang connections, his problems with authority, and his locker-room dramas long before Friday, when they released the wide receiver. They knew what they were getting when they drafted him in 2008.

The Philadelphia Inquirer - News, Sports & Multimedia - inquirer.com

The problem I see is you're judging Jackson on his acquaintances and the Aaron Hernandez experience. I won't do that. I'm happy to admit it's a little concerning and the likelihood of Jackson being a Patriot is low but, I'd prefer to rate him on football matters. The better question is his locker room fit and whether or not the smear campaign has merit.

I'd rather make the decision to sign/ignore Jackson through football matters not personal matters.
Except, in the NFL, personal matter often influence football matters.

If you don't believe me, just look at Aaron Hernandez' stats from this past season.

your mistake is the assumption that these are "artists"....Al Capone painted in his cell at Alkcatraz.

as far as Jackson is concerned, YOU seem oblivious to the ties he has with LA crips

https://www.google.com/search?q=DeS...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

you want the Pats to sign THIS guy to a huge contract one year removed from the Hernandez fiasco?

I never said I wanted them to sign him to " a huge contract". As far as the ties to the crips...I know just as much as you, which is NOTHING. He was never charged, or arrested in his NFL tenure for anything.
Hernandez situation should NEVER play a role in acquiring talent, as long as the front office does their due diligence on the player in question, and has the facts. Which neither you, nor I have at this minute.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back