PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver vs NE post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB is holding back Tim Wright for late in the season. Something tells me we will see forehead and Co. again and we will pull out all the stops with more emphasis on the two TE set. Just my gut....

BB held nothing back this game. Wright may get better and make a bigger impact but it was clear to me the Patriots opened their playbook and went all out in all 3 phases.

A great statement win right as we head into the bye. Also, because it's only their second loss, 22 points is the largest amount of points Denver trailed this season and lost as a result of it.

Don't recall one time during the telecast that Simms/Nantz mentioned anything positive about the Pats, such as the Pats were better, Pat D better than expected, Pats D playing well, Brady is good, Pats favored to win the AFC, etc, etc. They were quite silent about the quality of the Pats team.

Guys is this offense approaching 07 level? Since KC, they are averaging more points per game than the 07 pats did.

HUH??? The Pats were putting tons of pressure on Manning.. Just because they weren't getting sacks doesn't mean they weren't putting pressure on him. They were. Seriously, People. You need to wake up about what pass rushing is all about. It's NOT just about sacks. There is more to it.

BTW, since you missed it, the Pats have 13 sacks in the last 4 games. But, yeah, their pass rush is bad. o_O

The Denver OL was holding like MFers.

NE had pressure.

Butler did fine, but he's not Dennard. Sanders was killing this team all night.

Sanders got most of his yards before Butler got matched up with him, unless I'm still in a post orgasmic haze from that game and remembering it all wrong.

Right in front of........TJ Ward

WellwornUnfitCaecilian.gif

I love how we got him the TD on the very next play, too. Well deserved.

That catch was insane, nearly defying the laws of physics. It's almost unfair. Almost. :)

Great win. Wasn't the gap supposed to be so wide? Was Manning supposed to be unstoppable? Wasn't their defense supposed to be better than our defense? That's why they play the games, I guess.

"Cinci line is scary"
"Buffalo line is very scary"
"Jests line could be the best in the league"
"Chicago's pass rush could cause some problems"
"Denver's line is the very best in the league"

Newsflash: This isn't the O-line that started the first 4 games.

I don't think there's any doubt Brady is in first for MVP voting as of now. What I've always laughed about, even before Manning was on the Broncos, was how personal Pats fans take Peyton's success. Who cares who some people consider better than the other? Everyone has Brady as, at worst, a top 5 QB all time, and every single one of you know you'd prefer those 3 SB rings to any of Peyton's records. At least I know I would.

They're two of the best QBs ever.

not to be a "debbie downer" but that felt like beating the broncos on "all rookie" mode in madden...they must have held plays back, right?

Gronk : what else can you say ? Game changer is almost too soft a term....

For all the talk of the Broncos offense, NE is the highest scoring team in the NFL. LOL After the first three games? After KC? LOL

If Gronk stays healthy and Jones gets healthy this is the best team in the NFL. What a remarkable turnaround from the first few weeks of the season. Tons of credit to the OL.

More to the point, major kudos to Stork for neutralizing the Pot Roast. Huge change from last time when Wendell was being beat so bad I was expecting him to file for a restraining order.

Last edited:
Don't know why they use the wind as an excuse that they lost both teams and QBs had to play with that it's just like the crowd chanted Brady's Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST