PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver vs NE post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the issue is you because, while the offense "scored 10 points", you fail to acknowledge that 7 of those 10 points came off the interception that set them up at the Denver 10 yard line. What did the other 3 possession do? One was an interception that led directly to the Broncos getting 7 points. One was a stalled drive where the Pats had to take a huge risk to convert a 4th and 5 because of the afformentioned bad play at 8:58. The 3rd one? That carried over into the 4th quarter and led to a TD. But you didn't count that. But even on that drive, the O-line had 2 screw-ups that forced the Pats into bad situations.
Does it matter where the Patriots started from? They scored. Hell, I would love if the D could give them field position like that on every drive.

Regarding some of the plays you referenced, having to convert the fourth down wouldn't have occurred if Vereen (from memory) didn't drop the peach Brady threw him a play or two earlier. It was a calculated risk they took.

Reiss only said that the O-line struggles re-surfaced in that quarter. And they did for that quarter. Which is all he said. And any unbiased person would acknowledge that a play that led to a turnover and plays that caused drives to be pro-longed are issues. They wouldn't make excuses and claim that things were "overblown" the way you are.
The Patriots OL struggled in patches in the first, second, third and fourth quarter. They were also excellent for stretches in the first, second, third and fourth quarters. The Denver DL had a reasonable game. When you throw over 50 times, that's to be expected. Pass protection is a tough gig.

Was it a few untimely plays? Yep. But if you go back to the 1st four games, you could easily say the same thing. It was just a few untimely plays.. While the O-line didn't recover then, they DID recover against Denver. And that is what matters.
The OL was below average in the first four games.

I'm sure you remember the playoff game where Ty Law played "non-standard" CB positioning. Law, Harrison, etc. sometimes switched positions and coverages giving Peyton unexpected coverages and complicating his reads. I'm slightly surprised that at this advanced stage in his career that Peyton can be flummoxed by this, but then there's a hell of a lot going on in fractions of a second in real time.

I'm not sure I would say it flummoxed him to have DBs change who they were playing man on, just that it added a wrinkle.

Late to say amazing win of course.

How are you guys handling the bye week? I will do some sports betting that will make Sunday more enjoyable, any football is great regardless but I can't wait to our boys back out there taking out another contender in IND.

I think that, if Gronk remains healthy, there are only a couple of teams in this league that have any hope of slowing this offense down. If Gronk AND the secondary remain healthy, this team is quite easily Super Bowl caliber. I say this also acknowledging that the OL is playing soundly.

Silly Donkeys...This Is Foxborough!

:D

sHJF3vr.jpg

What a day for the Pats!!

THANK YOU RAMS

Awesome - - Phil Bissell, the creator of Pat Patriot!!!!! He drew my birth announcement card as a kind gesture to my dad and mom back in 1965. It's kind of a family heirloom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back