PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Post - Pats are now "too soft" to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh, just a guy getting clicks, a Denver Shank doing a tomato can piece. “Tomato can!!!?? We ain't no tomato cans!!! Psst…Jerry, is that a bad thing??”

I think he forgets the last time pats went to denver in the regular season , they threw the ball up 8 to preserve the lead.Not run the ball. Their running game is in focus because they miss edelman and amendola who are their running game. Not beause in the past pats used to run on opponents in the 4th Q.

I guess Denver fans needed to hear that.

After 2013's SB, I mean, where they looked JV.

After last year's whispers that they really didn't want to go to Foxboro and play the Patriots after they got crushed by the Colts.

Personally, I love it. The Patriots aren't soft. Neither of their trenches is soft. Pissed off players play harder, I expect.

I do want to see them develop some kind of a running game, though...but even without it, 3 g***amn runs under the 3-minute mark, even for no gain, and they win that game.

Ohhh, I'm gonna keep this paper with this article, and make damn sure this turkey eats crow next month...or, better yet, in February...

Most of it is just homer fluff that you'd find in any newspaper.

I'm sure BB and the coaching stuff are more than aware of the problems running the football.

Only the Patriots have such phenomenally high expectations- from themselves as well as fanbases around the league - that going 10-1 seems like a disappointment.

Seriously. Congrats Denver. You were playing at home against an opponent coming off a short week who had to travel 2,000 miles, who had suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries, you got lucky by recovering all 3 fumbles in the game, and you got 4 of the worst calls imaginable to go your way, any one of which probably would have led to a different result of it had been called correctly. And even then, you barely managed to scrape out an overtime victory.

If I'm Denver, I'm very happy I beat the Patriots and increased my chances at a first round bye. However, I'd be very polite about it because I'd be terrified of a trip to Foxboro to play this team when healthy, rested and with the possibility of fair officiating.

Just get them in our building and we will beat them. Get healthy. Have hightower and collins together.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry we didn't get blown out by Seattle in the Super Bowl.
Sorry we have 4 rings.
Sorry we have the GOAT QB.
Sorry we have the GOAT Head Coach.
Sorry you have Gary Kubiak (he won a lot of titles).

Be a little more jealous Donkeys.

Do we really care what some ink-stained wretch in Denver thinks?

Anyone have a copy of Super Bowl 48 they can send him?

I guess Denver fans needed to hear that.

After 2013's SB, I mean, where they looked JV.

After last year's whispers that they really didn't want to go to Foxboro and play the Patriots after they got crushed by the Colts.

Personally, I love it. The Patriots aren't soft. Neither of their trenches is soft. Pissed off players play harder, I expect.

I do want to see them develop some kind of a running game, though...but even without it, 3 g***amn runs under the 3-minute mark, even for no gain, and they win that game.

Actually that is what the article sounds like, something the Broncos fans needed, or wanted to hear.

They dost protest too much, and it sounds like they are trying to convince themselves that they won because they were the better team.

They know better, but are trying to convince themselves othetwise.

Demaryius Thomas is one of the softest "elite" WRs I've ever seen and they're paying him $14 million a year

Sounds like a Woody Paige article :cool:

lol.

Which Bronco said last year that the team was scared of coming to play in Foxboro?

I didn't read a syllable, but if the OP's title is an accurate descriptor of the piece, then that premise is so laughable it isn't even deserving of legitimate consideration. Just my take.

Excellent. "Soft" is the very best thing that Denver could call the Pats in the run-up to a rematch. I just hope the Pats leave something in reserve for the Superbowl after pounding the Donks into oblivion.

This is great bulletin board material and hopefully will be used as such. If by soft, this writer is noting that we couldn't win the battle at the line of scrimmage, they are correct. It was so frustrating and shocking that we couldn't run the ball in those conditions. And to be totally honest, our run defense didn't do their job either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe