Welcome to PatsFans.com

Demps highlight video

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fencer, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -20

#12 Jersey

Schiano learns the power of Belichick has a video of Demps vs. Kentucky. A big game, as he ran past people for about 3 TDs.

But nothing in that there that looked like wiggle or shiftiness. He just ran to a spot on the field slightly before the tackler got there.

2. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +912 / 3 / -4

He put a move on for the first TD. It was subtle, but with speed like that you don't need much to open yourself a hole. Definitely isn't going to break any tackles though...

Also, the second TD was ridiculous. Both safeties were about ten yards ahead of him and he split them in the blink of an eye.

3. Haley

Haley In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +556 / 8 / -1

No Jersey Selected

4. PrairiePat

PrairiePat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Amazing to see him blow by the entire defensive backfield on that one long run.

5. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 10 / -9

#87 Jersey

He had clear lane to begin with though...he didn't have to do much.

6. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 10 / -9

#87 Jersey

Demps need more Barry Sanders type wiggle to make use of that great speed. HE won't last long in the NFL if he runs like that, Demps didn't seem too elusive to me when there was a crowd. The Great backs in this league has escapeability...The Patriots OL doesn't Run Block like Florida.

7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,953 / 35 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Florida had a great O-Line in his time there (BOTH Pouncey brothers) but the Patriots O-Line run blocks just fine.

8. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +912 / 3 / -4

Right now, I'm not even worried about his long term effectiveness as a running back. With speed like that, if he has decent vision and even mediocre wiggle, he has the tools to be a tremendous kick returner at any level. May not translate in the end, but the potential is there.

9. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've seen Demps make people look silly in the open field, and Bill usually finds a way to use people to their strengths, not their weaknesses.

I see no reason to project this guy as a full time RB. The OC has other tricks up his sleeve. Besides, we've already got a stable of backs. Expand your vision. It's about to get expanded ready or not.

10. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Exactly. It's not like this guy was a first round pick. And there's value, too, for the safeties and corners to practice against someone with elite speed.

11. Ghost of Ben Dreith

Ghost of Ben Dreith Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Great videos.....I'm not expecting Adrian Petersen here.....Demps does look like he has the speed and enough moves to be very effective on STs or in Josh's offense with TFB getting him the ball.....my God.... Woody looked good in an O'Brien offense......I can't wait to see Demps take a screen on 3rd and 7 .....i do think his biggest contribution is STs.....but it won't be his only ones....

12. TyronePoole

TyronePoole Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's funny that because the Bucs interest in Demps presumably leaked out first that it's framed that way; as ruthless Belichick taking a player away from his good buddy who is just about to sign him. I get that it wasn't a criticism per se but it's amazing how the media shapes narratives like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.