PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch speaking about Asante on Sirius

This is just a small thing but IIRC the hat he wore didn't have a skull and bones on it. It was a skull cap (a kind of hat) which had the number 83 on it. I just thought that was funny.

BLAST!

you beat me too it!:D

LMAO!
Was he a child harley Davidson rider or something?

Or maybe he just came from Burger King with a hat from Pirates of the Caribbean

:rofl:

O man Sey93 that was hysterical.

It wasn't widely reported on. I think I saw it on here. Anyways that's how I remembered it. Sorry I've never heard of a "skull cap" before. What does it look like?

kp_red_th.jpg

It wasn't widely reported on. I think I saw it on here. Anyways that's how I remembered it. Sorry I've never heard of a "skull cap" before. What does it look like?

Its not a big deal i wasnt laughing at you. But you can imagine how funny that would be seeing Pass walk in with a hat like that.

Nobody wears those ugly things around here... no wonder why I haven't heard of it. :D

Its not a big deal i wasnt laughing at you. But you can imagine how funny that would be seeing Pass walk in with a hat like that.

OK. Well, yes it does make a slight difference ( :D ), but I still think a lot of guys in the clubhouse weren't happy with how the situation turned out, including Brady.

Last edited:
Also a "durag/doorag" with out the rag in the back is the same thing.

Ohh I know what a durag is. There's gotta be some other name than "skull cap". The name isn't urban enough. It almost looks like a toboggan.

Ohh I know what a durag is. There's gotta be some other name than "skull cap". The name isn't urban enough. It almost looks like a toboggan.

Skull cap is the name marketed by Under Armour so its become pretty famous really quickly since more and more players are using under armour equipment.

A toboggan? LOL. Skull caps are usually used as athletic apparel, not as much for wearing around on the street.

Skull cap is the name marketed by Under Armour so its become pretty famous really quickly since more and more players are using under armour equipment.

A toboggan? LOL. Skull caps are usually used as athletic apparel, not as much for wearing around on the street.

LOL. This is quickly turning into a, "Hey! Look how white, unathletic, and lame Seymour93 is!" thread. :rofl:

It's like a jockstrap for your head.

He left a situation where he was the #1 WR for a HOF QB and a team that is competing for SB's every season. Now he's not the top dog and he's playing in the also-ran NFC West. I would be depressed if I were him.

So you would be depressed making over 6 million a year while playing a sport you love?

LOL. This is quickly turning into a, "Hey! Look how white, unathletic, and lame Seymour93 is!" thread. :rofl:

Lol. Nah. Your from Texas so its the terminology, its different in other areas of the US.

So you would be depressed making over 6 million a year while playing a sport you love?

When I walked away from the perfect sitution in NE? Abso f'ing lutely.

He could still be making millions playing for a historic team in the sport he loves.

Last edited:
Arggg matey, where's me treasure.

If he comes back in the 10th game, you cut him.

Yeah, he's a FA and can sign anywhere, but he'll never see that $8 million ever again.

Let's do the math here. Say Samuel signs a Clements-like contract for $8 million per.

Now, over the next 5 years, Clements bags $40 million. Meanwhile, Samuel bags only $32 million over the next five years. That's less than $7 million a year.

And that's exactly why Samuel will not hold out this year.

Without digging up the whole Branch debate I found it interesting perspective coming from one holdout speaking of another potential holdout. More evidence that Asante has no intention of leaving all of that money on the table and what he's doing is just some old fashioned Saber rattling.

The bigger stink Asante makes now, the more press coverage he gets, and the bigger his free agency ticket will be next year. Pretty basic.

The bigger stink Asante makes now, the more press coverage he gets, and the bigger his free agency ticket will be next year. Pretty basic.
I don't think that falls in line...MAYBE..but maybe not...depends on what happens..if he doesn't live up to last year..all the grumbling in the world will not help him..an dmaybe teams will not care to pay him so much money...it MAY follow...but it may not..

I would enjoy being taken advantage of by the Patriots. Ohh well I guess everyone's different. Maybe that extra Ferrari and yacht is really worth it. :rolleyes:

Do you realize that your average luxury yacht will cost more than Branch made in his entire rookie deal, and that doesn't even take into consideration insurance, mooring costs, fuel + maintenance?

Do you think even his new deal, with $13 million in guaranteed money, makes him yacht-level rich?

Hardly. For someone from a modest background like Branch, the money he makes in the NFL won't make him "jet set" -- we're talking nice-house-in-Newton-or-Brookline, no-worries-about-paying-the-kids'-tuition type well off.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back