Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
This is going to be a huge motivating factor for our team. "They don't think we can win without cheating, ok time to show them!". For me, I love this. I cannot wait till we stomp on Seattle. This is all overblown BS to me.

I will say this:

I don't want to see any of that cute "mum's the word, on to seattle" sh*t from Bill tomorrow. This isn't going to go away by stonewalling or lawyering up and acting like it's his right to ignore the universe in his role as pre-eminent football coach. It's going to be the only thing the media talks about for two weeks and the fan base doesn't deserve some Goldman Sachs routine from the coaching staff.

If you did it: sack up and admit it tomorrow, apologize and say you're prepared to deal with league consequences, say you didn't think it was a significant advantage or whatever, but that you want to give the country the opportunity to talk about f*cking football and not PSI for the next ten days.

If you didn't do it: come out and say it and get angry, fight back and challenge the allegations out there.

Silence is going to look like complicity, and although I'm sure Bill won't want to humble himself before the hated media and speak actual sentences with feeling and honesty about this, he actually has to do just that tomorrow in order to get things on track here. He owes that to the team.

That buttoned up "all we do is win football games" sh!t sort of flew around Spygate but this is strike two and it actually doesn't matter how many games you win if you look like you're a cheater.

There's no option but tackling this head-on, from the entire organization. It's fine if you don't want rank and file players talking about this. Keep Brady out of it if need be. But Bill, you have to man up and open your mouth tomorrow, period. It's the only option you have.

A Chicago Sun Times article stated that the NFL has disputed the ESPN report. Has anyone else heard this?

I spent hours last night talking about this here. It was probably 3 or 4 am that I finally went to bed. I don't intend to do the same now.

Nothing else can be said on the matter that hasn't already been said without further information. I'm taking a break from this **** to watch some movies and enjoy the fact that we are going to the Super Bowl.

Hopefully the full report is released tomorrow and we can end this ****.

I will say this:

I don't want to see any of that cute "mum's the word, on to seattle" sh*t from Bill tomorrow. This isn't going to go away by stonewalling or lawyering up and acting like it's his right to ignore the universe in his role as pre-eminent football coach. It's going to be the only thing the media talks about for two weeks and the fan base doesn't deserve some Goldman Sachs routine from the coaching staff.

If you did it: sack up and admit it tomorrow, apologize and say you're prepared to deal with league consequences, say you didn't think it was a significant advantage or whatever, but that you want to give the country the opportunity to talk about f*cking football and not PSI for the next ten days.

If you didn't do it: come out and say it and get angry, fight back and challenge the allegations out there.

Silence is going to look like complicity, and although I'm sure Bill won't want to humble himself before the hated media and speak actual sentences with feeling and honesty about this, he actually has to do just that tomorrow in order to get things on track here. He owes that to the team.

That buttoned up "all we do is win football games" sh!t sort of flew around Spygate but this is strike two and it actually doesn't matter how many games you win if you look like you're a cheater.

There's no option but tackling this head-on, from the entire organization. It's fine if you don't want rank and file players talking about this. Keep Brady out of it if need be. But Bill, you have to man up and open your mouth tomorrow, period. It's the only option you have.

this is well said, but I think Bill will be business as usual tomorrow sadly and leave the fans to wallow in the wind

Let me look -- saw someone else on another forum mention this so I have zero idea if it's true.

Part of the reason I asked if anyone else had heard. I'll take a look for a link.

Interestingly enough, this is looking more and more like a QB comfort/preference matter vs any kind of a competitive advantage. And when you recognize that the NFL already allows its QBs wide latitude on grooming their favorite footballs, in addition to allowing them to wear any type of glove they want (on their throwing hand), it makes you question why the 12.5 - 13.5 standard even exists....unless it can be shown to be a rule that directly correlates with the objective of ensuring no opportunity for gaining a competitive advantage.

Keep Brady out of it if need be.

I'm in the camp that BB had nothing to do with this...

I think TB is behind this nonsense.

What might happen is BB will take the hit to protect the player.

A Chicago Sun Times article stated that the NFL has disputed the ESPN report. Has anyone else heard this?
Which report? The 11 of 12 balls were deflated one?

I will say this:

"It's a league matter. We're onto Seattle.".....zzzzzzzzzz

I'm in the camp that BB had nothing to do with this...

I think TB is behind this nonsense.

What might happen is BB will take the hit to protect the player.
If anyone, I'd tend to think it is TB12. Not that Bill will be spared but I see it that way.

Tom is the only player who directly confronted the report as ridiculous and false. Bill and the rest of the players basically said, "I don't know."

Interestingly enough, this is looking more and more like a QB comfort/preference matter vs any kind of a competitive advantage. And when you recognize that the NFL already allows its QBs wide latitude on grooming their favorite footballs, in addition to allowing them to wear any type of glove they want (on their throwing hand), it makes you question why the 12.5 - 13.5 standard even exists....unless it can be shown to be a rule that directly correlates with the objective of ensuring no opportunity for gaining a competitive advantage.

Maybe this rule exists because that is what the ball manufacturer recommends for optimum conditions for the ball? Like I go to my NBA official basketball and it is stamped: "INFLATE 7 TO 9 lbs".

Which report? The 11 of 12 balls were deflated one?
I'm thinking the "NFL was distraught and angry" one. Hopefully what he's speaking of is true. That would potentially be a big breakthrough.

I will say this:

If the NFL hasn't weighed in by the time of Belichick press conference then he will simply say it's a league matter and they are cooperating fully over and over and over. He really cannot go beyond that.

Let me look -- saw someone else on another forum mention this so I have zero idea if it's true.

Part of the reason I asked if anyone else had heard. I'll take a look for a link.

I'm guessing it's this:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/football/7/71/310257/nfl-probe-patriots-underinflated-footballs-ongoing

In which case it's really just a rehash of everything out there, and perhaps poorly framed sentences that made it sound like Vincent is refuting the ESPN reports.

Nothing to see here, unfortunately, I'd LOVE for ESPN to have jumped the gun on bad info from a crap source but I doubt that's the case.

Felger and Mazz are insufferable, just getting that out of the way.

However, toward the end of their show today Beatle took two official replica balls, one overinflated (to 14 PSI) and one under inflated (to 11 PSI). Beatle said he was shocked when he first held them, he actually guessed incorrectly and couldn't tell a difference. Felger guessed incorrectly as well. Mazz, the asshat he is, guessed right and seemed sure of his answer ('I have very sensitive fingers'...db).

Anyway, none of these guys regularly handle balls (well, at least not footballs) but just adding a little to the 'how much difference is there' discussion.

I really dislike Felger and Mazz 90% of the time and have no doubt I'd have been grinding my teeth if I had listened to their show today.

That said.. I heartily applaud them for doing this.

This is a point that really, really needed made.

It is extremely difficult to tell the difference between a 12.5 psi football and an 11 psi football.

The margins of psi involved in these "cheating" accusations are incredibly, incredibly, incredibly minuscule.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back