Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
So the Pats get the balls a few minutes before game time. did refs measure them just before game at field temp? Some ballboy is on the sideline deflating balls during the game? When did they measure balls at halftime? as 1st half finished or before it started? How do you take into account that Pats had ball more, they used a 260 lb running back. The pounding must reduce the psi.

Kraft would butt heads with Parcells over the dumbest **** and here he is letting the league walk all over him and his franchises reputation.

DO SOME THING
The silence is disturbing, I agree. I wonder how many people knew. For instance I'm curious if TB12 knew. I'll wait to find out just who is responsible but regardless our run is being tainted. 13 years of work and success to deflate a couple goddamn balls. Infuriating.

Exactly what I said. The report hasn't been released. For all we know, the Colts switched the balls with an alien technology. Until it has, he has no reason to post his personal feelings throwing the team under the bus.

The Colts only supplied one ball.

The refs got the other balls from the Pats at halftime.

I'm most concerned about the Mortensen report that the NFL is angry, disappointed and distraught. That certainly doesn't sound like they think it was an honest mistake.
We don't know at who, though. At best, they catch a Pats employee deflating balls on the sideline. At worst, their own refs admit to regularly not enforcing the given limits during pregame checks, something that Simms said Aaron Rodgers said does happen.

Exactly what I said. The report hasn't been released. For all we know, the Colts switched the balls with an alien technology. Until it has, he has no reason to post his personal feelings throwing the team under the bus.

So the problem is a lack of reading comprehension on your part, then? I mean, when you're being ridiculous enough to talk about alien technology, I'd hope that a lack of comprehension was your reason.

If there is anything I have learned about a team winning the Super Bowl it's that people hate the winner. Especially the next year.

NE has owned that monster for a long time because they are good. It is like that every year. Rather than just admire the team that succeeds the opponents (especially the losers) become automatic haters.

Maybe its an old move which has been happening without him overseeing it but someone else.? Same way sean payton was held accountable.

I just have a hard time believing something as menial as this would be worth risking when the footballs are constantly changing hands. Surely someone would have thought another player/ref would notice eventually. Just wouldn't be a smart thing to do. Until an official report comes out I'm siding with the idea that the balls were just slightly deflated with no ill intent on the part of anyone. Sometimes **** just happens.

i wonder what they are saying on the Seattle message boards?

I have to assume that belechick accepted responsibility for spy gate cause it was game 1 of the season, and he wasn't suspended.

With the super bowl on the line here, without actual proof of WRONG doing, he best be ready to challenge any penalty handed down for this without any evidence.

I would like to thank the NFL for ruining the SB for me
This makes it even more exciting for me. I love that our team will be the villain going into this. They don't even have to fabricate the "us against the world" card. It literally will be them against the world. And if they pull it off, it will be f*cking fantastic.

I might just wait till the report is back.

Seems to be some mass hysteria over something that's likely to be totally innocuous.

Actually.. having 11 footballs come out under inflated and not just 1 or 2 is supporting evidence for the Gay-Lussac Law line of reasoning.

I mean is the ballboy skilled and smooth enough to let out such an exact 1.5 or 2 psi from all eleven footballs? Perhaps. I do know that Mother Nature is.. because that's exactly how science works.

The Gay-Lussac changes in air pressure from changing temperatures will affect every football evenly if you allow for the assumption that they all started AT the same starting PSI.

It's not scientific, but I think we should agree that the given the weather and Brady's preference, the Patriots submitted footballs at the bottom of the allowable PSI range.

And what the NFL has measured is only a drop of 1.5 psi from that.

Multiple examples by the experts have shown that 1.5 psi is within the range that you'd expect Gay-Lussac's Law to have an effect on these footballs. The math still supports this.

And let's put that 11 out of 12.5 in perspective. It's 12% below specs.

Last edited:
i wonder what they are saying on the Seattle message boards?
I'd rather not know. I don't want to even know what any other fans are saying at this point.

Why should the Patriots be held accountable?

And how in the would anyone be able to determine what the weather did.

I have to assume you're kidding on this because, otherwise.... wow.

Because there's a black and white rule saying no one can screw with the footballs after they are handed in to the refs before the game.

So who is saying they were tampered with after they were inspected, especially if King is right and they Ball boys don't get them till 2 min before KO.

Speaking of which how would all 11 balls be deflated to the same PsI by the ball boys on the sidelines?

So the problem is a lack of reading comprehension on your part, then? I mean, when you're being ridiculous enough to talk about alien technology, I'd hope that a lack of comprehension was your reason.

Give it a rest.

The title of the article is a take on his personal feeling of what "should" happen "if" it's true.

Perhaps it's you that has a reading comprehension issue?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back