Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Its not looking good fellas but can we also punish Aaron Rodgers I mean its ridiculous he admitted to trying to get it past the officials.
Obviously teams do this and the Colts blew the whistle on us.
Just like the Jets did.
This tarnishes the legacy and maybe impacts hall of fame for Tom and Bill? God I hope not.

I think this is going to hit both their legacies hard. TB will be looked at as a QB that was only good because his team cheated.

What is he meaning in this Tweet?

It means the fix is in. We were always gonna be guilty whether we did it or not.

I wonder how common this is? The Pats are under the microscope and given a 24/7 anal exam.

Is it possible this is an issue with more benign teams?

I think this hits it on the head. I think the refs are pretty laxidasical about measuring every football presisely (given the "catch me if you can" attitude displayed by Rogers). Prolly never a big deal and teams do it all the time and it's probably something that secretly encouraged (by refs looking the other way, so to speak) by the league given the offensive, passing league this has become.

Much like spygate..... Where Mangina knew of Bills propensity for still taping, he blew him in. Colts likely knew of the laxidasical attitude and used it to their advantage and caught Bill with he pants down, doing something all the teams with great QB's do.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.

I just had a flood of people agree with my post. You didn't, cool. Move on now.

Yeah, my top worry is about people here agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

Your position was silly and childish. If people want to agree with silly, childish positions, that's their right.

If the Pats are found to have cheated, my season ended January 18th. I won't watch football until next season. Honestly, I wouldn't care about the SB because it wouldn't matter to me, it'll be ruined. Win or lose, the season is ruined. Now I have to go to work everyday and hear from NY teams fans how we are cheaters and a disgrace to the league. Oddly enough, these same people were defending the Pats prior to this report.

Say the Patriots had the ballboy deflate the balls. The rule book stipulates what the penalty is. $25k. And, when the Vikings and Titans were caught manipulating the balls on the sidelines this season, the NFL did not penalize them. Given those 2 facts, why are people talking about draft picks?

What's great is everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over an arbitrary number plucked out of the air by an overly judicious and overly regulated NFL. How about letting teams use footballs that they are comfortable with to optimize their performance? But no there has the rules for everything.

will if its true the pats will get fined 25k and the story will never go away it will be asked to every player at SB week, the funny thing is colts fans saying they won that game its was a 10 point game at the half after they changed the balls the pats out scored the colts 28-0

Say the Patriots had the ballboy deflate the balls. The rule book stipulates what the penalty is. $25k. And, when the Vikings and Titans were caught manipulating the balls on the sidelines this season, the NFL did not penalize them. Given those 2 facts, why are people talking about draft picks?
I keep reading about this what are the details?

Well, I feel as though the whole "the refs failed to do their job" to being the reason why the NFL is reportedly upset would make sense. But my big concern is the fact that they use the word "distraught" it's almost like it's something that they could have never imagined that they discovered. I guess that's what worries me at this point.

Well, it's looking like a super bowl win would effectively have an asterisk in the eyes of the casual fan. This sucks.

We aren't winning this game now. The NFL will make sure of it.

I just hope our coaches and players can spin this around and channel it towards making a kick ass gameplan to dismantle the Seahawks next Sunday.

I'd really hate for this whole ball debacle to cause a distraction and loss of focus.

If they determine the pats did this on purpose, bill is in serious trouble.

They would likely wait until after the sb to hand down the punishment and you know it's gonna be a year long suspension as a multiple offender.

precedent was set with payton

Whats disturbing is the silence that this franchise has shown through all this crap.

Superbowl week is gonna be ugly and a big circus.

I see the writing on the wall.The seahags will be compared to a church choir besides us.

Media Day is next Tuesday.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a note. The rule does not restrict the penalty to $25k.

We don't know at who, though. At best, they catch a Pats employee deflating balls on the sideline. At worst, their own refs admit to regularly not enforcing the given limits during pregame checks, something that Simms said Aaron Rodgers said does happen.

Don't you have "best" and "worst" switched there? It's best for NE if NE handed in under inflated balls and the refs failed to check.

Yeah, my top worry is about people here agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

Your position was silly and childish. If people want to agree with silly, childish positions, that's their right.

Right, I'm silly and childish because my opinion differs from yours. And yes, that's my worry, I deliberately have set out a campaign tonight to get as many people as I can to agree with my post, your right, I asked everyone to agree with me....

I'm starting to think you're Mike Reiss....

I keep reading about this what are the details?

They took the balls out of the zippered bag and jammed them into the big heaters during very cold games. The NFL told them it was against the rules.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back