Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Bottom line is...We won the SB with a nothing team, preceded to get better and win more, then stayed in contention while turning over our whole defense and offense except for Brady and Wilfork, while never being out of contention and knocking off top teams until we are now as strong as ever...

...and they hate us and envy us and are jealous of us because we prepare better, work harder and play smarter than any of them can, without a single rebuilding year,

Colts were pitiful,they should slink away, but they can't. I feel sorry for Luck to be in a classless organization like that one.

I'm trying to work through this conspiracy and am having a tough time reconciling how it could have gone down.

In order to pull off such an elaborate stunt, the Pats would not only have to have someone willing to deflate a certain number of game balls but also track those game balls to make sure that only the Pats used them. Otherwise, the Indy receivers would have had the same advantage and would have been able to make the catches that they dropped. Or maybe Luck did use them but only during the INTs by Revis and Collins.

The amount of time and attention to detail for this endeavor must have left very little time to game plan, which may be a reason why they only won 45-7.
It is post like this that makes my head hurt. Sorry patrman12, I am never like this but I find it disconcerting that people are still confuse about the whole situation and the league will not set that matter straight.
Do the research and you will realize that if there was any intentional deflation, only the Patriots stoke to gain.
However, I think the pats are innocent in this.

In order to pull off such an elaborate stunt, the Pats would not only have to have someone willing to deflate a certain number of game balls but also track those game balls to make sure that only the Pats used them.

Each team uses its own set of footballs. No need to do any of that tracking.

I set up racing carts and cars in the past and tire pressure is very dependent on temperature. This is a better explanation than I can give
http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2sxul5/deflategate_could_the_weather_have_an_effect_on/

"Science teacher here. Given the conditions of the game, a ball which meets specifications in the locker room could easily lose enough pressure to be considered under-inflated. Some math:

• Guy-Lussac's Law describes the relationship between the pressure of a confined ideal gas and its temperature. For the sake of argument, we will assume that the football is a rigid enough container (unless a ball is massively deflated, it's volume won't change). The relationship is (P1/T1) = (P2/T2), where P is the pressure and T is the temperature in Kelvins.

• The balls are inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 psi at a temperature of 70 degrees Farenheit (294.1 K). Let's assume an average ball has a pressure of 13 psi. Since these are initial values, we will call them P1 and T1.

• The game time temperature was 49 degrees F (278 K). We are attempting to solve for the new pressure at this temperature, P2. We plug everything into the equation and get (13/294.1) = (P2/278). At the game time temperature, the balls would have a pressure of 12.3 psi, below league specifications.
*Furthermore, given that it was raining all day, the air in the stadium was saturated with water vapor. At 70 degrees, water has a vapor pressure of 0.38 psi. The total pressure of the ball is equal to the pressure of the air inside the ball and the vaporized water in the ball. At 49 degrees, the vapor pressure of water is 0.13 psi. Up to 0.25 additional psi can be lost if the balls were inflated by either the team or the refs prior to the game. Granted, it's unlikely that anyone would inflate balls from 0, but it easily could cost another couple hundredths of a psi in pressure.

• For a ball that barely meets specifications (12.5 psi), it's pressure would drop to 11.8 psi during the game... enough to be considered massively underinflated."
Key here is the balls were inflated and stored INSIDE MOST LIKELY. Why? Because it was raining. People like to avoid rain.

So they wouldn't have to be inflated from zero if the air inside the ball before inflation was the inside air temp of 70. If the balls were stored outside and the temp of the air in the balls was lower, different story.

So 70 degree dry air at 12.5 becomes 11.8 at 45 degree water saturated air. Or whatever.

Which is more likely? A grand conspiracy involving ball boys surreptitiously draining air? Coaches spiriting balls away to slightly drain them and bring them back all while avoiding dozens of cameras on the sidelines?

Or that old bugaboo PV=nrT?

What's the excuse out of Seattle if we happen to win the Super Bowl in two weeks? That Belichick used a pair of voodoo dolls to cause the injuries to Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman during the NFC Championship and left them at less than 100% during the Super Bowl? Too bad the game isn't in New Orleans. That would add credibility to that excuse...

The dude who reported this whole thing has a Facebook page. Two to be exact. One being his own, personal account and another being for the Colts. Thinking if I should send him a message criticizing him for his actions or not. It's really tempting though. If I do, I'd block him immediately afterwards so he can't have his say (even though he probably wouldn't read it anyway). But either way, this is what I have in mind:

"Looks like someone's whining all because their precious Colts got slaughtered by the Patriots. You're using this "deflation" accusation just so people could start trashing the organization. You are, no doubt, a whining jackass. Your team lost. DEAL WITH IT!!!"

EDIT: A little too much? Hey I'm just as pissed as many of you guys are.

Well, more reason for sensible indivduals and true Patsfans to see that this is just a smart attempt to smear us given our camera-gate backage. It is working so far given the national attention so far.

http://nesn.com/2015/01/columnist-who-broke-deflategate-explains-himself-its-not-sour-grapes

If this continues, I guess NFL is giving a free pass to every team's local 'journalists' to claim that their loss has to do with BB breaking the rules.

HE'S A LIAR, JUST LIKE ALL MEDIA. THEY CAN ALL EAT .... AND ..... I HATE THE MEDIA. I COME HERE FOR MY PATRIOT NEWS. These so called reporters are all FRAUDS, nothing but LIARS. None of them can be trusted.

What's the excuse out of Seattle if we happen to win the Super Bowl in two weeks? That Belichick used a pair of voodoo dolls to cause the injuries to Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman during the NFC Championship and left them at less than 100% during the Super Bowl? Too bad the game isn't in New Orleans. That would add credibility to that excuse...

It was in New Orleans 2 years ago though!

2 is the number of key players injured for Seattle.

2 is a factor of 12. The 12th man.

2 is also how many SuperBowls the Seahawks are trying to win.

2-2 was also our start to the season.

You can't tell me that isn't credible.

The Giants spend weeks every April manually scrubbing off the polish from brand new footballs using power tools, getting them soaking wet, and repeating the process a few more times. After this, they spend months beating them up on purpose, including using the balls during training. The goal, according to Eli, is to make them feel 10 years old. Of these balls, Eli chooses the ones to bring to the regular season and playoffs.

Why is there no "HelmetGate" about footballs so rough they stick to your receiver's helmets...

Should not the accused have an opportunity to face his accusers? As of right now all we have is baseless accusations from a faceless accusor,

Will the cowards step forth and put a face on this? I think not. Roger better get out in front of this tommorrow or it's most assuredly going to blow up in his face. Who brought the accusation forward and who was the mole who leaked it to Kravtz?

Is this what league wants to be talking about for the next 2 weeks and months, years afterward?

It was in New Orleans 2 years ago though!

2 is the number of key players injured for Seattle.

2 is a factor of 12. The 12th man.

2 is also how many SuperBowl's the Seahawks are trying to win.

2-2 was also our start to the season
Touche. I knew something deeper and more nefarious than this deflate-gate nonsense was afoot...

Last edited:
Should not the accused have an opportunity to face his accusers? As of right now all we have is baseless accusations from a faceless accusor,

Will the cowards step forth and put a face on this? I think not. Roger better get out in front of this tommorrow or it's most assuredly going to blow up in his face. Who brought the accusation forward and who was the mole who leaked it to Kravtz?

Is this what league wants to be talking about for the next 2 weeks and months, years afterward?

This garbage reporter is a lying piece of garbage. It doesn't matter who gave him this information. I don't believe anything he says. He's a liar.

We interrupt this thread to bring you a special news bulletin:

attachment.php

This has been a special news bulletin. We now return you to your thread, already in progress.

Wait. You are calling Spygate cheating? Seriously. Wow, this explains a lot.

So do you have video of seeing the ball boy stick a needle in the ball?
Can your conviction be overturned when we actually know what happened?

You seriously cannot be a Patriots fan.

I thought the ballboys were employed by the NFL. Why is the NFL telling ballboys to deflate the ball? I smell a set-up!!!!!!!!!!

Kravitz admits that he ran with the story because it was Belichick, and the aftermath of the filming of the first game of the 2007 season.

Kravitz: And the Deflategate investigation, saga continue... 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Honestly, when I spoke to my source for the story, I originally thought it sounded outlandish, far-fetched.

And then, like a thunderbolt of enlightenment, it occurred to me:

Bill Belichick.

Of course.

The brilliant, Machiavellian mastermind of the Patriot Empire.

You know the history. In 2008, New England was forced to forfeit its first-round draft pick, Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 when the league determined the Patriots had illegally videotaped teams at different times between 2002 and 2007. So the Patriots don't get the benefit of the doubt.​

How can some random guy within the Colts org know that the ball was deflated yet the refs and the Indy player who intercepted the ball did not notice a discernible difference?

Kravitz admits that he ran with the story because it was Belichick, and the aftermath of the filming of the first game of the 2007 season.

Kravitz: And the Deflategate investigation, saga continue... 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Honestly, when I spoke to my source for the story, I originally thought it sounded outlandish, far-fetched.

And then, like a thunderbolt of enlightenment, it occurred to me:

Bill Belichick.

Of course.

The brilliant, Machiavellian mastermind of the Patriot Empire.

You know the history. In 2008, New England was forced to forfeit its first-round draft pick, Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 when the league determined the Patriots had illegally videotaped teams at different times between 2002 and 2007. So the Patriots don't get the benefit of the doubt.​

F...K YOU Kravitz. I don't want to know this guy's email, facebook or any online crap. I want his address and his phone number. I want to cuss his arse out face to face. I am sick and tired of the media reporting rumors and lies as truth and getting away with it.

How can some random guy within the Colts org know that the ball was deflated yet the refs and the Indy player who intercepted the ball did not notice a discernible difference?

Its simple, some one LIED.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back