Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
This is turning into a major distraction, no conclusion will be reached until after the Superbowl.

Well, Jay Glazer is full of ****. In his report yesterday, he made three claims:

1) The Ravens tipped off the Colts
2) The Colts already knew that the Pats were deflating balls, because Mike Adams realized it when he picked Brady twice earlier this year.
3) Rather than addressing it immediately, the NFL instead decided to wait a couple of months and through three playoff rounds so they could 'sting' the Patriots in the AFCCG.

Well, for #1, Harbaugh went on the record and specifically contradicted that shortly afterward, saying the Ravens didn't notice anything, so therefore there was nothing to 'tip off'. For #2, Mike Adams has now gone on the record specifically to state that he didn't notice anything unusual about the balls he intercepted.

As for #3, that's in full-blown ******ed conspiracy theory territory, but I could *almost* believe that Goodell has that much of a hate-boner for Belichick if the rest of the report was true. But since Glazer's proven to be yelling nonsense throughout the rest of his report, I'm inclined to believe that he is on this as well.
How long until that Adams/Jackson video gets pulled by ESPN?

Glazer is a ****ing idiot.

Reiss can **** off too.

Reiss has been fine in my opinion. He usually reserves judgements on most things till the end and is typically fair in his analysis. What kills me are hack jobs like Breer, Ed "Jerry Jones" Werder, and Mike Freeman (although I'd trust a middle school newspaper writer more than a Bleacher Report writer like him) just jumping to conclusions looking to destroy the Pats. If this were a College program, they'd be BEGGING for the death penalty.

Not even the NFL is dumb enough to ruin their biggest event with a sting operation during the AFC title game. I have no doubt that the refs DID NOT inspect those balls with a gauge pre-game and then the Colts tried a little gamesmanship at halftime which goes no where if not for Irsay opening his drunk mouth. Now the league has to figure out a way to not look like assholes by saying their refs don't follow the rules in a playoff year where ref calls have been majorly called into question and in a terrible PR year. The fact that it's the Patriots doesn't help them because people want blood regardless of guilt.

The fact that Brady and Belichick flat out denied it and Kraft released that statement about integrity tells me that there was no deflating of the balls by the staff. There's just no way they put their careers and reputations on the chopping block like that if they're lying.

Reiss has been fine in my opinion. He usually reserves judgements on most things till the end and is typically fair in his analysis. What kills me are hack jobs like Breer, Ed "Jerry Jones" Werder, and Mike Freeman (although I'd trust a middle school newspaper writer more than a Bleacher Report writer like him) just jumping to conclusions looking to destroy the Pats. If this were a College program, they'd be BEGGING for the death penalty.
he works for espn. They should be refused entry to the facility after this.

Remember this about Glazer, when the so called confidential tapes mysteriously got leaked from Goodell's office who got the tapes to show on TV. I also remember Goodell solemnly pledging an investigation to find the miscreant who leaked the tapes. I guess that investigation was over when he looked in the mirror.

Not even the NFL is dumb enough to ruin their biggest event with a sting operation during the AFC title game. I have no doubt that the refs DID NOT inspect those balls with a gauge pre-game and then the Colts tried a little gamesmanship at halftime which goes no where if not for Irsay opening his drunk mouth. Now the league has to figure out a way to not look like assholes by saying their refs don't follow the rules in a playoff year where ref calls have been majorly called into question and in a terrible PR year. The fact that it's the Patriots doesn't help them because people want blood regardless of guilt.

The fact that Brady and Belichick flat out denied it and Kraft released that statement about integrity tells me that there was no deflating of the balls by the staff. There's just no way they put their careers and reputations on the chopping block like that if they're lying.

Something is fishy. I think the League should look into the colts tapes and what happened on their sideline. I think the answer to all of this is on the colts side!

Holley just said on weei, does Kraft really trust the NFL going thru all pats stuff? pc's emails etc? Imagiine a cop asking to get a search warrant for the possibility of some missing psi . Yea yea different rules. But they have bungled so many things and now you have them searching your house.
Kraft should just tell them we will pay the 25000$ and go FO ! and we will even change our name to the NE Cheaters. Live with it. Imagine going to denver and the whole stadium yelling cheaters then :) . Because now no matter what thats what they will callus anyhow.

A setup by the Colts starting from the first game.

Colts inform League in first game of under inflated balls, though they don't press hard on it. They just mention the possibility. The seed has been planted.

Colts win against Bengals and Broncos and meet N.E. in the AFC Championship. Time to bring the seed to fruition.

Colts inflated their balls outside, or a cold room inside, at cold temps before inspection at 13.5 PSI. Hand them to refs to inspect. Balls pass the test and given to the Ball Boy.

Pats inflated balls inside at room temps or higher at 12.5 PSI. Hand them to refs to inspect. Balls pass the test and given to the Ball Boy.

Ball Boys take balls outside in cold weather.

The cold weather begins affecting the Pats balls due to indoor room temp inflation. Colts balls relatively unaffected throughout the game due to inflating the balls in cold temps.

Colts inform the refs that Pats balls under inflated.

Refs test both Colts and Patriots balls. Colts balls are within PSI limits. Pats balls under PSI limits. Balls are replaced and proper balls played throughout.

Colts contact league to push for cheating scandal.

The framing of the Pats has succeeded.

Sorry, I'm late on this. I was away for work yesterday but I'd like to just say f**k Mark Brunell and all the media turds on NFL Live, and the reporters during TB12's press conference yesterday.

Now that that's over with... I fear this "investigation" will move stupidly slow. I just hope that our team stays mentally tough and media day isn't a repeat of yesterday.

You should listen to ex Pats Ted Johnson on local radio here (really you shouldn't) and can add him to the list of media morons. He's openly accusing TB and BB cheating and essentially that they have always been cheating (though he gives absolutely no evidence, examples, etc), and essentially spewing noting but hate and mud against the Pats. I wonder what TB and BB ever did to him?

I trust Ted is never invited back to Gillette and is never nominated for the Pats Hall of Fame. And he can return his three Super Bowl rings back at any time. I've lost all respect for him

You should listen to ex Pats Ted Johnson on local radio here (really you shouldn't) and can add him to the list of media morons. He's openly accusing TB and BB cheating and essentially that they have always been cheating (though he gives absolutely no evidence, examples, etc), and essentially spewing noting but hate and mud against the Pats. I wonder what TB and BB ever did to him?

I trust Ted is never invited back to Gillette and is never nominated for the Pats Hall of Fame. And he can return his three Super Bowl rings back at any time. I've lost all respect for him
Really big Ted said that woooow

Finally saw snips of TFB & BB.
It is clear as a bell that they did this in their own words and were not coached in lawyer speak.
They clearly denied having any knowledge or involvement.
Doing so in their normal speak indicates to me that they're truthful. Had they used equivocated, nuance laden phraeseology I would suspect something hidden. They didn't. they left themselves open to investigators springing stuff on them later which at least BB would be cognizant of and wary. Instead he was straight forward.

The NFL is about to learn a physics lesson.

He has an axe to grind with BB for a long time with concussion stuff etc.

Don't blame him he was concussed so many times he doesn't know his own name.

underinflated vs. deflated

there is a difference. the league is using the term 'underinflated'. deflated would imply that they are accusing the Patriots of removing air. 'underinflated' likely places fault on either the refs, the weather, or both. i do not think the team will face any repercussions, whatsoever...however, the media witch hunt has been very damaging. i hope it pisses off the Patriots players as much as it pisses off me...because i am fired up and want the Patriots to roll over seattle. i hope they can use it as motivation rather than let it become a distraction. i have a lot of faith that it will be the former. GO PATS!!!

On NFL network the dude just referred to the investigation as "being investigated for under-inflating balls" Ummmm the THE REFS APPROVED THE BALLS!!! They can't think we are that stupid that we wont pick up on them changing what the hell they are supposed to be reviewing right?

Idk much about air pressure etc.Is the weather still in play?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back