Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
What if this all a ploy to pin the Patriots with another scandal? I mean, if this was in the regular season or even the start of the playoffs, the following week all footballs for all games could be checked to see if the pressures changes once its placed outside and it would be proven to be a common occurrence because the science shows it does. But since there is only a single game left for the season, you can't do that and it looks horrible for the Patriots.

It is 100% physically impossible for a ball inflated inside at room temperature to not lose pressure once its taken outside where its over 20 degrees colder. If you think the Colts footballs can defy the laws of physics while only the Patriots are susceptible to them, you're a ****ing idiot. Colts filled to 13.5 and still within playing rules after changes outside. Pats filled to 12.5 and became lower than rules once outside. END OF STORY. NOW **** OFF ESPIN AND EVERY OTHER JACKASS HYPING THIS UP OVER NOTHING!

Another thing to think ...Could BB/Brady have intentionally put only 12.5 psi knowing it will drop with weather and help them even if infinitesimally ? Wouldnt that be smart?

But it WOULDN'T have helped them. That is the part that is so mind-boggling.

Most importantly, they all knew that the game plan was largely based on the poor run defense of the Colts.

Additionally, lowering the PSI may help grip and provide softer catching, but at the cost of accuracy. Personally, I don't think any of our receivers are pretty little flowers requiring softened footballs. An easier grip might help some but at the cost of accuracy? And if Brady and D'Qwell can't tell the difference by feel, is there much help in the grip arena?

I cannot fathom why people find the Patriots to have any motive in this.

This should have ended day 1, Pats were found with under inflated balls , from now on officials will be in control of the balls, no competitive advantage was gained. The rules will be modified in the off season, Pats are fined 25000, or they are cleared of any wrong doings. qed. Pats vs Hawks SB
Blame it on their botched ray rice investigation and now they are going overboard.

Albert Breer now desperately trying for another opening against the Pats:

@albertBreer
Also, people need to stop mocking the story/investigation saying it's about "deflated football." It's not. It's about a pattern of behavior.

Breer is from Sudbury and needs to cowboy up on this one. The Patriots are now the 1970s/80s Oakland Raiders. The team, their fans and the local media are officially bad asses. Own it people. Wear it. Be it.

They better hope the Pats don't win the Super Bowl...

If they do, there's going to be a whole looootttt of disgruntled players cussing out the media in the post-game show...

And it's going to be B-E-A-UTIFUL

Most importantly, they all knew that the game plan was largely based on the poor run defense of the Colts.

Additionally, lowering the PSI may help grip and provide softer catching, but at the cost of accuracy. Personally, I don't think any of our receivers are pretty little flowers requiring softened footballs. An easier grip might help some but at the cost of accuracy? And if Brady and D'Qwell can't tell the difference by feel, is there much help in the grip arena?

I agree it wouldnt have helped them but that is one explanation of of those underweight balls. Plus maybe pats used hot air to fill it vs cold air.. IDK....this is getting stupid as i type.

Tom Brady should have stolen a line from Hannible Burress.

"I'm sorry, not for the act of using 12.5 psi balls, but for the way that it made you feel, but trust, I'm going to keep using 12.5psi balls, its the best way to live as a quarterback."

If they do, there's going to be a whole looootttt of disgruntled players cussing out the media in the post-game show...

Gonna be a lot of prescriptions of...

5a465cbc3d0cf55d2606d69bc37a4c14.jpg

From the Browns thread
Browns - text
Jets - trip and tamper
Steelers - drugs and trip
49ers - Salary Cap
Broncos - Salary Cap
Bucks - QB ball tamper
GB - Ball tamper
Vikes - ball tamper
Panthers - ball tamper

Go get um, media whores

Yeah can you imagine what they would say if we beat the Hawks soundly.

Cheaters win again.

Deflategate won the SB.

Yeah can you imagine what they would say if we beat the Hawks soundly.

Cheaters win again.

Deflategate won the SB.
Dont think we are going to beat that defense soundly. I just hope we pull it off somehow.

Blame it on their botched ray rice investigation and now they are going overboard.
Yes, If you are a little piss ant worker in some hole. seems like Badell is. Rice now that is a big deal, but he wanted to sweepit under the rug...but psi yipes ! Forget about vamp horror series, Psi horror story ! I will never feel the same putting Air in a ball. Twilight zone, Imagine Rod Sterling opening evening news with this lead(for anyone who is old enough) :D

From the Browns thread
Browns - text
Jets - trip and tamper
Steelers - drugs and trip
49ers - Salary Cap
Broncos - Salary Cap
Bucks - QB ball tamper
GB - Ball tamper
Vikes - ball tamper
Panthers - ball tamper

Go get um, media whores

So you're covering up & whitewashing the Saints' Bounty offenses then? :)

Another thing to think ...Could BB/Brady have intentionally put only 12.5 psi knowing it will drop with weather and help them even if infinitesimally ? Wouldnt that be smart?

I believe that is what happened. 12.499999999999999999999999999999999999999

what im most dissapointed about is the media in this town. They were ready to tear Belicheck/Brady a new one after KC and were licking their chops. Now with no evidence they are circling the wagons again. Instead of applauding this team and what they have accomplished the last 15 years they are more concerned with tearing down the Patriots.

The media in this town doesnt deserve a team as good as the patriots.

It is amazing that a 9 Billion dollar business that has been involved in this game with balls and air and cold for this long cant just come out and let all of these idiots know that simple science is the explanation here. Not some conspiracy.

I guess that they would rather take a royal **** hammering as if the NFL does not have enough problems.

Balls lose air pressure when they get colder. If that is a problem than all of the NFL past history needs to be wiped clean and we need to start over.

Colts go in at 13.5, Pats at 12.5. What happens next?

"Just the fact that we have not found evidence of a Sasquatch means we have to invest even more time in investigating it."- Some idiot on one of these Big Foot shows.

Why do people believe in aliens, Yeti, the world is flat, and there was no moon walk?

Cause that's what they want and are invested in believing.

Sorry, but you can't un-ring a bell.

Furthermore, if anyone here is looking for validation from the idiots on ESPN or a clown like Florio, Ian should ban them for being too stupid for patsfans.com

If some of you are really anguished over "public reception", I would encourage you to look on the bright side.

I told some idiot yesterday here in Cleveland that I find it complimentary that they think enough of Belichick and Brady that they can pull this off and feel bad they think so low of that idiot Pettine (Browns coach) that he can't.

What if this all a ploy to pin the Patriots with another scandal? I mean, if this was in the regular season or even the start of the playoffs, the following week all footballs for all games could be checked to see if the pressures changes once its placed outside and it would be proven to be a common occurrence because the science shows it does. But since there is only a single game left for the season, you can't do that and it looks horrible for the Patriots.

It is 100% physically impossible for a ball inflated inside at room temperature to not lose pressure once its taken outside where its over 20 degrees colder. If you think the Colts footballs can defy the laws of physics while only the Patriots are susceptible to them, you're a ****ing idiot. Colts filled to 13.5 and still within playing rules after changes outside. Pats filled to 12.5 and became lower than rules once outside. END OF STORY. NOW **** OFF ESPIN AND EVERY OTHER JACKASS HYPING THIS UP OVER NOTHING!
Would you please not MIX up this investigation, oops Review with Facts !!!!!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/.../12_questions_tom_brady_still_needs_to_answer

12 questions Tom Brady still needs to answer (with my suggested responses in red)
Herald Staff, 23 Jan 2015

1. Have you ever instructed equipment personnel to deflate footballs?
Yes, when they are over-inflated….or when I want the ball adjusted to my comfort level (i.e. within the allowable range). But if the question infers that I have explicitly instructed someone to deflate it below the allowed psi level, I have not. I prefer my footballs to be on the lower end of the range, and I rely on the referee to make the final determination (per the NFL-mandated process).

2. Do you believe equipment personnel would take it upon themselves to deflate footballs without being told to do so and without telling anyone? No, I certainly hope not. As I stated, I don't want anyone touching those balls after I select them.

3. Why should we believe you when you say you prefer the balls to weigh 12.5 psi, but you claim you couldn’t tell the difference between the balls in the first and second half against the Colts?
All I can tell you is that I didn’t notice any difference between the footballs I used in the first half vs the footballs I used in the second half (just like D’Qwell Jackson didn’t notice any difference).

4. What did you mean when you told your teammates you like your footballs “a certain way,” as NBC News reported yesterday? I’m talking about all the characteristics related to a football, to include tactile characteristics, the knap of the leather, laces, etc. which I described during the press conference.

5. Why didn’t you immediately contact NFL investigators to tell them what you know?
Why would I?? The NFL hasn’t contacted me, and otherwise all there is to go in is a lot of unsubstantiated rumors/accusations floating around the internet and the media/social media. Why would I take the initiative to contact the NFL?? I’d be contacting them every week if I let things like that influence me.

6. Did team owner Bob Kraft insist that you appear before the media and if so, did he or team officials give you talking points? No, not at all, and I doubt he would ever do that. I already had a press conference scheduled, and after discussing with BB, we decided to move it up a day to allow the media the oppy to address any questions they might have. This was done for the express purpose of putting this all behind us so we could focus on the game.

7. Did you and Bill Belichick coordinate your statements?
We discussed the whole controversy, as it was evolving over the past few days. He also asked me what I knew about the situation. Most of the discussion revolved around the imperative that we get distractions behind us so we can focus on the game. There was never “Ok I’ll say this…and then you say that”.

8. Do you believe the officials follow the exact correct protocol while measuring the footballs before every game — or is it possible referee Walt Anderson’s crew treated the measurements differently or lazily?
I am not present when this part of the process is happening, as I stated yesterday at the press conference. Therefore I cannot provide any insight on that matter. I choose the balls I want, then the ballboy brings them to the referee for evaluation. It’s my expectation that those balls end up on the field of play when I get there later.

9. Has Deflategate uncovered a quarterback subculture — in other words, did you get caught doing something the rest of the league routinely practices?
I have no idea what you’re talking about. The “sub-culture” that might exist, is that QBs have different preferences for the footballs they use, just like wide receivers do with the gloves they wear, or running backs do with the cleats they use. The League allows for QBs to have these preferences with regard to the preparation of the footballs. The only rule I’m aware of is the pressure range that must be adhered to…and as I’ve already stated, my preference is to keep the ball at the lower end of that range.

10. Have you done your own investigation into how the balls were deflated and if not, why not?
Of course not, other than to ask the ballboy what he knew, which I mentioned in the press conference. I'm spending all my time preparing for the Seahawks, because if I don't, we won't beat them.

11. Are you certain that no one connected with the New England Patriots gave the order to deflate the footballs?
Of course not…how could I be certain of that?

12. Do you believe the league is unfairly targeting the Patriots here when the Minnesota Vikings were accused in a similar controversy?
I’m not aware that the League has accused the Patriots of anything, so why would I think they’re being unfair to us?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back