Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
I actually feel really bad for Brady. You could tell the frenzy overwhelmed him- not saying he didn't do a stand-up job, I think he did. I think he probably had to hold back so much to try and take the high road. BB is better equipped for this kind of nonsense.

Petraglia and Price are the best. Interesting that they both believe the reason for Brady and Belichick not being interviewed yet by the league is that it is the league's strategy right now to smoke them out by letting them twist in the wind very publicly.

Here is their 7+ minute breakdown of what happened today:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...dy-pressers-and-what-it-means-to-deflategate/

Or maybe the league is not that interested in pursuing this issue in behalf of a bunch of whining sportswriters. Maybe there's no way to put a hand in the cookie jar and they're not in the mood for crucifying a ball boy..

What's the point of interviewing BB and TB if they simply don't have any prints on the weapons?

From a marketing standpoint, this needs to go back to being about the super bowl

The league is really horrible for not saying a single word but leaking info to mort and then watching the pats toil in front of the media. WTF is kraft doing?

I think Kraft let this go one because he believed his coach and QB. BB learned after 07 to not lie or play games. And of BB believes Brady that's good enough for Kraft (and me).

Let them prattle on at the E! and on the web. If none of it is true, its all noise. At least, that's how I think it went down.

Also, I've been a lot more lenient on John Harbaugh than others here; I didn't mind his dumbass asterisk comments a few summers ago, I didn't even really mind his baby-crying over the formations the other week. He's a Harbaugh, he's fiery, and I always felt like he was otherwise complementary about BB (who he owes a lot to). But his comments this morning to that buffoon Sal Pal are ****ty; and if the Ravens really helped spearhead this, **** him.

"He said he took it to the sidelines, hasn't seen it since and probably never will.

"I'll do my best to try to get ahold of it," Jackson said. "But right now it's in the middle of, what do they call it, 'Deflategate.'"

The normal procedure when a player wants to save the ball, he said, is for it to go to the equipment staff "and you have it in your locker come Monday morning."

"I don't know how it got to this point," Jackson said, "but somehow I'm in the middle of it."

Jackson said he doesn't handle the ball enough to know whether it was properly inflated or not.

"The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about it, that's totally false," he said."

With D'Qwell saying this now, the cat is out of the bag!
The other day it came out the it wasn't D'Qwell but the equipment manager who reported the ball.

The league is really horrible for not saying a single word but leaking info to mort and then watching the pats toil in front of the media. WTF is kraft doing?
Although I'm backing off on the Kraft-will-fire-BB horse ****, I do think Kraft has to choose what damn side he's on for once. I still sadly think he'll cover his own/Goodell's ass.

This is now an official ambush - - "setup" mode.

How are the Pats going to prove that? What difference does Jackson's comments make? We're still at Goodell's mercy.

********Whooops, THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Oh RT @ScottIsaacs: Colts LB D'Qwell Jackson: "The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about (the football), that's totally false

So, the first "fact" everyone was quoting has fallen by the wayside. I have no idea what happened, or that, in fact, anything happened at all.

Or maybe the league is not that interested in pursuing this issue in behalf of a bunch of whining sportswriters. Maybe there's no way to put a hand in the cookie jar and they're not in the mood for crucifying a ball boy..

What's the point of interviewing BB and TB if they simply don't have any prints on the weapons?

From a marketing standpoint, this needs to go back to being about the super bowl
Not for the league. This is the most the NFL has been in the national spotlight before a Super Bowl in the history of the the sport. It's a fairly harmless controversy involving one of the most popular and polarizing teams in the NFL. NFL is now the lead on every national news outlet. Awareness for this SB is through the roof. Ratings won't be broken for 10 years.

NOW do you all believe me???? It's been 8 freakin' years since I sat here at my computer and posted that Goodell was THE central problem. I posted FACTS that ESPN and WIKI erroneously stated as true, that were WRONG and they CHANGED after MY posting on the internet. I STILL have the Thursday visitor log from NFL headquarters showing the Mangini sign-in at 3:30. Not one local media person I showed this towould touch it. The Thursday BEFORE Goodell dropped Spygate on us. It was HIS set-up. It was meant to disable the Patriot franchise and reduce the team to the parity formula HE wanted going forward.

Just who the hell do you all think is behind THIS latest silence as our franchise is twisting in the wind , being slammed, mocked, derided and castigated by media mongoloids?

images

Not for the league. This is the most the NFL has been in the national spotlight before a Super Bowl in the history of the the sport. It's a fairly harmless controversy involving one of the most popular and polarizing teams in the NFL. NFL is now the lead on every national news outlet. Awareness for this SB is through the roof. Ratings won't be broken for 10 years.

So you're saying they're wagging the dog?

I'm also wondering if the balls were under-deflated by fractionally, by like .2PSI, not 2PSI. I thought BB's example of 12.5 falling to 12.3 in bad conditions was pretty telling. Suppose Mortensen screwed up, or was fed the wrong info? It's not inconcievable. These morons are taking about the weight of the ball and have no idea what they're saying, physics wise.

This is what we need to hope for at this point. Keys at this point would be to find out if the November stuff was true or total BS. Someone needs to ask Mike Adams if he was the one that triggered stuff.

Here is my - please be true so we can all just watch football again scenario:

1 - Ravens/Colts think Patriots balls feel less inflated. Presumably do b/c Pats go in at the lower limit at 75F and play at much less than that. Talk about it, conspire to nail them on it.
2 - Colts call BS on the Pats mid-game causing an inflation check on Pats balls.
3 - Pats balls all fall under - by nominal amount.
4 - Kravitz starts the witch-hunt.
5 - Mort reports BS. Gets .2 & 2 off. NFL leak either exaggerating or lost in translation via text. PSI drop is perfectly explainable by science.
6 - Brady/BB have no friggin clue what's going on.
7 - NFL meanwhile investigates hoping to get a ball boy or equipment manager to say the Pats ordered a code red, obviously now to no avail.

Fingers crossed. I just want this settled so people will talk Xs & Os again. You can't ignore the noise when it drowns out everything audible that you actually want to listen to.

So you're saying they're wagging the dog?
I think the NFL is loving it.

Their biggest downside is having to admit that their officiating staff has grown lax in proper measurement procedure of a fringe element of the game (psi) and that the league will correct this, even while admitting over- and under-inflated balls do not offer a discernable competitive advantage to a team so it is not a major oversight on their part.

I think the NFL is loving it.

Their biggest downside is having to admit that their officiating staff has grown lax in proper measurement procedure of a fringe element of the game (psi) and that the league will correct this, even while admitting over- and under-inflated balls do not offer a discernable competitive advantage to a team so it is not a major oversight on their part.

The will be a reemphasizing of the rule

They filled the dead week for free

Two options:

1) NFL is setting us up for bringing down the hammer.
2) NFL is clueless and went in blind assuming they could bring us down.

#2 ends well for us. #1 all hell breaks loose and we're F'd. A lot at stake here. One thing is for sure - there's no way around it: the NFL doesn't give a crap about us or our reputation - even to the extent they'd undermine the MFing Super Bowl for it!!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back