Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Yes, he said they are using the same balls they used in 2001. Explains the slight deflation.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 2m2 minutes ago
Three things about the deflated football issue: 1 It’s likely, but not certain, that discipline will be deferred till after Super Bowl.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 3m3 minutes ago
2 Some info about what NFL knows could come out later today or tmrw.
3 Very impt element felt by NFL: 31 other teams watching intently.

translation - 31 teams want pats to be crucified

Some QBs are watching intently as well. Forget about your preferences in the future Rodgers.

Media Hypocrisy, Cowardice, Never Bigger Than When Patriots Are Involved. - Boston Sports Media Watch

Big Bad Bill Belichick.

He really does bring out the absolute worst in the media. Things that would be ignored, or laughed off if they were done by any other team, results in hysterical, hair-on-fire denunciations if the Patriots are involved.

He causes the media to become unable to think for themselves, and become subject to a mob mentality in which they are all sheep, following along with the loudest voices, and afraid to produce an original thought.​

They're doing what the media does: trying to make something that really isn't that big of a deal into a big deal.
Yup. And it's working. They've already lost all their draft picks on ESPN. Hell, I'm watching First Take. Yikes! I mean, you really can just say anything about the Patriots at this point and it all just becomes part of the narrative. "I'm not saying Bill Belichick did ______, but because he did _______, HE IS GUILTY AND SHOULD BE FINED, SUSPENDED, AND LOSE ALL DRAFT PICKS."

I understand that the NFL might not mind what is being talked about as long as the NFL remains at the height of the discussion, but I think there's something to be said for not allowing the discussion on one of your flagship franchises "cheating" to just swirl around the toilet for days one end. It's sad, and while I don't think this will affect my enjoyment of the Super Bowl, it's another in a long line of things that makes me wonder how much I'll care about the NFL down the line. They have this country by the balls in terms of being a successful, omnipresent professional sports league, and they're doing everything they can to **** it up.

Every wonder what would happen if it wasn't the 2 weeks of the year where every NFL writer is desperately looking for a story?

I mean, perfect timing. There are millions of empty columns, everyone is craving football news, and there is nothing to report until the actual Superbowl. Very bad timing.

Blame whatever ****tard deflated the balls to give them the ammo.

And here come the hot takes!!!

http://deadspin.com/the-ballghazi-takes-are-here-and-they-are-****ing-insa-1680877948

Love Deadspin absolutely wrecking Kravitz.

They're doing what the media does: trying to make something that really isn't that big of a deal into a big deal.

Let's not forget: these people (media) are, on the whole, legitimately stupid. I'm not trying to be a jerk. They just are not the brightest people in society. Especially sports media - consider we have 40 hour a week jobs and are more informed than most of them.

Last edited:
if the ball boys are hired by the NFL then how could any of this not fall completely on the shoulders of the NFL/Refs.

They will accuse the ball boys of being paid off by the pats

So, Mr. Kravitz, you're saying the Colts decided to intentionally poke the bear?

Congratulations, Colts, mission accomplished.

Remember Gladys Kravitz, the busy body neighbor to Samantha in Bewitched?

How often life imitates art.

"Yet to be determined is what, if any, penalties may be imposed upon Patriots. One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday."

yeah.....that doesn't sound like an accurate description

distraught? on something that has been done on a widespread basis since Peyton Manning demanded it?

IT WAS WIDE OUT IN THE OPEN!!!! based on how easy it was, it likely has been going on unnoticed until someone took the opportunity to make it an issue.

The challenge here for the league will be to not look completely stupid with something as obvious as the ball. The only logical explanation for something so obvious is that it became an accepted practice.

no different than spygate happening BEFORE the front office sent out the letter. It wasn't an issue until some pathetic loser made it one

Yeah.. suspend, fire, or hang BB for doctoring balls, but not ONE word about Harbaugh for sheltering or obstructing justice for a murderer and two wife-beaters.

Gotta love that irony.

Well in all fairness...

wait nevermind

this is such BS

Was just checking out NFL.com and there isn't one word about this whole thing. I'm just wondering if the league is afraid it will ultimately come back on THEIR officials for not doing their job.

My personal favorite response to all of this:

"But now is not the time for sense. Now is the time for screaming, and settling old scores, and reveling in a scandal that's goofy but genuinely revealing of the tenuous web of gentlemen's agreements that allows the NFL to even function. The fractally expanding rulebook is impossible to follow to the letter, so players and teams and officials have carved out an unwritten shadow rulebook, with its own, more realistic bounds of acceptability. Linemen are allowed to get away with a modicum of holding. The Seahawks secondary can commit pass interference on every single play. Tom Brady can **** with his footballs. The NFL's existence is predicated on winks and nods, and it's hilarious (if worrying) that the whole thing can collapse thanks to one bitter team appealing the letter of the law." -

Barry Petchesky

Which raises the question: should the Patriots file a complaint after each and every game?

Not calling him stupid by any means. But, as Vinatieri said, Belichick looks for a competitive advantage in any way that he can get it. Hopefully he's not implicated in this but, if he is, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

It would really surprise me , he knows he has no leeway and I would be shocked if he condoned this and put everything at stake over something so trivial.

Could this be a distraction for the players? this won't go away any time soon, media day will be a nightmare.That baster Bob Kravitz already wants Belichick suspended for the Super Bowl and fired.This team is always being unfairly persecuted. Now we gotta fight the Seahawks and the world, this may be too much to take.

How long before myth busters gets in on this?

There are so many issues with this investigation that I don't know where to start.

Unless, Belichick or Brady paid off the officials during the game, as Brad Johnson claimed he did for his SB, there is no way the referees could not tell, earlier on, that the balls were two pounds under the legal pressure weight. I'm also not buying the laws of gas pressure theories either. I know the balls will lose some pressure when the temperature changes, but two lbs in that time span does not seem possible, imo. I believe Brady or whoever could have deflated the balls to his liking before the game started, as Rodgers do, but it was still up to the referees to thoroughly inspect and approve these balls before the game and during the game, because as I said before, it's -2 lbs of pressure, there is no way the refs couldn't tell the balls were 2 lbs under the minimum, if they are handling the balls all game.
The ref on Mike and Mike this morning is assuming the balls were inflated after halftime, when they found 11 out of 12 of them were deflated. Brady still went on to beat Luck 28-0. Unless the refs continued to allow them to play with deflated balls, why is this still an issue?

The question I need answered is, what was the air pressure in the balls before the game started? If it was 2lbs below the minimum, Goodell should fire the officials and himself as well, for allowing this to be dragged out in the media and public for so long. Does the NFL benefit that much from the Patriots being scrutinized or thought of as "cheaters" every year they go to the SB?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back