PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Declaring / Not Declaring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news on Hightower declaring.

A position of need, versatility, the size we like, a key piece of the top college defense (production), comes from a very complicated D (smarts), team leader, Saban guy (takes to hard coaching)=BINKY!

If that were true, I'd be on board trading up for him. love his game. Unfortunately I think he's more likely gone in the top ten.

Kirkpatrick won't be top 10. Not with Mo Claiborne declaring.

Eric Page - Toledo - Also declared.

Compiled list from this thread:

Mike Ball, RB, Nevada

Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

Fletcher Cox, DL, Mississippi State

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

Marcus Forston, DT, Miami

Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest

Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

Aldarius Johnson, WR, Miami

Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse

Matt Kalil, USC

Ronnell Lewis, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Terrell Manning, LB, North Carolina State

Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Donte Paige-Moss, DE/OLB, North Carolina

Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC

Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Chris Polk, RB, Washington

Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

Darrell Scott, RB, South Florida

Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami

Brandon Washington, OL, Miami

Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech

Jerel Worthy,

Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina

Peter Konz, C/OG, Wisconsin

Osweiler, QB,

Stephen Hill, WR,

B. Pierce, RB

D. Wilson. RB,

Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State

Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

Mo Claiborne, CB, LSU

Michael Brockers, DT/DE, LSU

Russel Sheppard, WR, LSU

Eric Page, WR, Toledo

Wouldn't that be AMAZING...

But no way in HELL he comes in range: Probably Top 10, this guy.

Absolutely. He's going to steadily rise from here until the draft like Aldon Smith did, and if we were betting on where Brockers goes, I don't know if I'd take the under or the over on Aldon's 7th overall. If Brockers somehow fell into range where a 1st and the Raiders' 2nd were enough to move up and grab him, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the pick value chart says that he'd have to fall to the early teens for that to happen.

Kirkpatrick won't be top 10. Not with Mo Claiborne declaring.

Don't think Claiborne would have stopped him getting a top ten slot, there's more than one team with a need for a CB. Brockers might knock him down though.

Great news on Hightower declaring.

A position of need, versatility, the size we like, a key piece of the top college defense (production), comes from a very complicated D (smarts), team leader, Saban guy (takes to hard coaching)=BINKY!

Welcome!!!

I'm glad Brockers declared, because it strengthens the defensive tackle talent, but I am actually not a huge fan. If you watched him against Alabama (the first time, not the second time when the entire LSU team gave up), you'll see he uses poor technique to disengage. He's so used to his athleticism being enough to blow past blockers, and when Bama linemen got their hands on him, he was done. They put him on the ground numerous times. They constantly had him off balance. He got upright and overextended. He couldn't stay flat-backed and anchor against the run. Even in pursuit, I just didn't like the quality of his movement skills, and as a professional movement artist, I care a lot about the way people move.

There's no question he's got talent. And with good coaching he could even one day live up to his potential. But right now he's simply not there yet, and I don't know if I could justify a first-round pick on a guy who only earns a third- or fourth-round grade from me.

Hightower, on the other hand, would be excellent value in the late part of the first frame. I would not trade up for him, but he could definitely be in the mix.

Hightower played himself into a top 20 pick. I expect his 40 time to scare people a little but his shuffle time will more than make up for it.

LSU's Sheppard has decided to return to school and removed his name from the NFL Draft.

Darron Thomas - QB - Oregon is entering the draft.

Hightower played himself into a top 20 pick. I expect his 40 time to scare people a little but his shuffle time will more than make up for it.

Wouldn't it be fun if the Combine really did have a "shuffle time"? That's the only one I'd excel at.

Wouldn't it be fun if the Combine really did have a "shuffle time"? That's the only one I'd excel at.

Oh man, I want to see the linemen shuffling.

I was wondering why Chris Polk's name wasn't on the list but then read this:

Ten Pac-12 players have been invited to the Senior Bowl, the premier postseason star game, but there's also an interesting sidenote for Washington fans.

Huskies running back Chris Polk is one of the invitees. It turns out that Polk's announcement that he would bypass his senior season and enter the draft was purely academic: Polk is actually a senior.

From the Senior Bowl press release:

Polk was extended a Senior Bowl invite after it was determined that he had exhausted his eligibility at Washington. Despite being listed as a junior, he never applied for a
medical redshirt his freshman year (2008) and thus had no more eligibility remaining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back