PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

December 9th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warden,
Band of Brothers is spectacular, I don't include it in my movies list as it was an epic mini series, but you are correct, it was a blockbuster.

As far as WWII films, here is my top 10;

Saving Private Ryan
A Cross of Iron (The best movie ever about the Russian front)
Stalingrad (1992 version, same film company that did Das Boot)
A Bridge Too Far
When Trumpets Fade (about the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest, a meatgrinder that preceeded the Bulge)
Winter War (About the 1940 Russian invasion of Finland)
Yamato( Korean movie about the Japanese Battleship Yamato)
Brotherhood of War (Korean film about the Korean war, incredible movie)
Kellys Heroes (a comedy, but a terrific movie, plus they used Tiger I's, actually T34 mock ups like in Saving Private Ryan)
Letters from Iwo Jima

Honerable Mention goes to Enemy at the Gates; check em out, you can't go wrong with any of them...........

You left off "The Longest Day." lol. Not terribly accurate, but great for its time.
I will definitely keep this list.

Haven't seen letters, but The book "Flags of our Fathers" was amazing. As was Bradley's book "Flyboys."

I love anything written about WWII by Stephen Ambrose.

Billecheat is going down! :bricks: :rocker:

You will have to forgive me for not being persuaded by a team that lost to a couple of 3-4 teams, and beat people probably worse then the Patriots.

You will have to forgive me for not being persuaded by a team that lost to a couple of 3-4 teams, and beat people probably worse then the Patriots.

I don't understand your post. Did you mean lost to 4-3 teams? "worse than than Patriots."- Worse team or worse beating? Either way it doesn't make sense.

I don't understand your post. Did you mean lost to 4-3 teams? "worse than than Patriots."- Worse team or worse beating? Either way it doesn't make sense.

Yeah maybe it didnt now that I re-read it.

What I meant to say was: Pittsburgh lost to a couple of 3-4 teams, Arizona, & Denver. Pittsburgh beat teams that were probably worse then the teams the Patriots had beaten.

Yeah maybe it didnt now that I re-read it.

What I meant to say was: Pittsburgh lost to a couple of 3-4 teams, Arizona, & Denver. Pittsburgh beat teams that were probably worse then the teams the Patriots had beaten.

Arizona lost all 3 in the last seconds, all by FG's. They're coaching staff was our coaching staff (who didn't get the opportunity to stay). We blew the Denver game via poor game plan IMO. Defense could've been better too. Overall I'd say both teams are better than the Dolphins and Jets though.

Last edited:
I'll take a number 2 seed and a bye anyday.

With any luck, we won't have to see the Pats in the play-offs. We'll get the Colts, which is sort of a "pick your poison" but we have a better record against the Colts..., and no, do not add me to any BS list of Steelers fans who are afraid of the Patriots.

Last edited:
With any luck, we won't have to see the Pats in the play-offs. We'll get the Colts, which is sort of a "pick you poison" but we have a better record against the Colts..., and no, do not add me to any BS list of Steelers fans who are afraid of the Patriots.
most marines arent afraid of anything but jimmysh-tscorn is lol

Last edited:
Get comfortable...you could be there a while :singing:
I disagree... they will slip back to #3 shortly... I don't know their exact schedule but I do they play the best team in football on the road on 12/9.

You left off "The Longest Day." lol. Not terribly accurate, but great for its time.
I will definitely keep this list.

Haven't seen letters, but The book "Flags of our Fathers" was amazing. As was Bradley's book "Flyboys."

I love anything written about WWII by Stephen Ambrose.
how can nobody have mentioned The Great Escape..?!? :)

I disagree... they will slip back to #3 shortly... I don't know their exact schedule but I do they play the best team in football on the road on 12/9.

To quote the smartest coach in the NFL, "You play to win the game."

Listen man. Again, I don't care if you believe me. I'm not even saying the Patsies are the only team to fall into this catagory becaue I just don't know enough to say either way. I just know that if you play for the Patsies, HGH is not hard to locate.

That said, don't talk about the Steelers of the 70's and roids, because the fact is your house is made of glass. You just don't know it.

OK, then how about we let Steve Courson (R.I.P.) do it for us...

249fb220dca0bfb4ef389010._AA240_.L.jpg

Billecheat is going down! :bricks: :rocker:
Everybody sing along ....JimmyCrackWhore,and we don't care,JimmyCrackWhore and we don't care,JimmyCrakeWhore and we don't care. Cause Pittsburghs going down. HARD. That up and down Squeeler team is no where near the Pats. Stop listening to Hodge too many concussions. :singing: :singing:

Last edited:
Everybody sing along ....JimmyCrackWhore,and we don't care,JimmyCrackWhore and we don't care,JimmyCrakeWhore and we don't care. Cause Pittsburghs going down. HARD. That up and down Squeeler team is no where near the Pats. Stop listening to Hodge too many concussions. :singing: :singing:

I enjoyed your song. I ever sang along out loud quietly in my cube. I mean it.

I rank the Pats #1 despite what Hodge says.
I rank the Steelers #2 despite what anyone says.

On December 9th, it is going to be a challenge for the big play Pats to remain patient against the Steelers. I anticipate BB preparing them for this reality. A smart Brady should take what our defense gives him which will be lots of 5 yard passes. Your defense doesn't scare me a bit. It will be a good game.

Last edited:
I enjoyed your song. I ever sang along out loud quietly in my cube. I mean it.

I rank the Pats #1 despite what Hodge says.
I rank the Steelers #2 despite what anyone says.

On December 9th, it is going to be a challenge for the big play Pats to remain patient against the Steelers. I anticipate BB preparing them for this reality. A smart Brady should take what our defense gives him which will be lots of 5 yard passes. Your defense doesn't scare me a bit. It will be a good game.
Because of the past history with playing the steelers,and winning the vast majority of thoses games. I'll go with the pats to beat the steelers. Pitt is to inconsistant,I don't see them taking the game from the pats .But you never know. One thing I do know is that its going to be a hard hitting battle. Games between theses two always are.

Last edited:
Because of the past history with playing the steelers,and winning the vast majority of thoses games. I'll go with the pats to beat the steelers. Pitt is to inconsistant,I don't see them taking the game from the pats .But you never know.

Steelers can be inconsistent, but when clicking are scary. Games that were played 3 years ago are meaningless. Too much has changed for both teams.

Steelers can be inconsistent, but when clicking are scary. Games that were played 3 years ago are meaningless. Too much has changed for both teams.

I see you already have your built in excuse.

It's too bad for you and all other Steeler fans that the Pats are just downright scary. You better hope your streaky Steelers show up that day. I know the Pats will bring their 'A' game, as they do EVERY week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes