PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAngelo Hall/Patriots mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D'Angelo Hall/Patriots mention

um Giants offered first but Falcons want more
The sticking point was the money not the trade value - I have read nothing other than the Falcons would have made the trade; however the Giants wouldn't pay Samuel money.

Sorry, guys, NO LINK - deal with it.

I read someone saying they heard ON THE RADIO (i.e. NO LINK) that "Miami Sports Radio is reporting that the Patriots, Bucs and Saints are all heavily interested in trying to acquire D'Angelo Hall".

It was posted on the RealGM board.

Im just wondering how serious and how reliable this source is, I mean a Miami radio station reporting on a Falcons player to the Pats seems a lil weird but who knows.. and if the Pats are serious bout adding speed to the defense Halls a great start hes one of the fastest corners in the league...

Last edited:

Sorry, guys, NO LINK - deal with it.

I read someone saying they heard ON THE RADIO (i.e. NO LINK) that "Miami Sports Radio is reporting that the Patriots, Bucs and Saints are all heavily interested in trying to acquire D'Angelo Hall".

It was posted on the RealGM board.

Haven't heard this so doubt the credibility....Deal With It! ;)

If it is true....The Patriots will never win out in a bidding war with this guy and he does have that "TO/Pacman" personality........so doubt that he is on the radar for the Pats.....That having been said.....would love to see him here....talent wise he is TREMENDOUS!!

He's still young, and he's a proven commodity. I can easily see someone giving up a #1 for him. I'm going to say something and it's going to scare you: we gave up a 2nd for Duane Starks. So, a #1 for DeAngelo Hall is not out of the realm of possibility. The only catch is that the 7th pick is perhaps too high. if we had the 16th, I could see it easily.

No, Duane Starks was only a waste of a third-round pick. :) / :(

too bad dimitroff told Hall hes not a New England type of guy :(

Yeah, I heard Hall's quote. He seemed pretty adament about not being a Patriot after he was told that.

Yeah, I heard Hall's quote. He seemed pretty adament about not being a Patriot after he was told that.

what was said?

what was said?

I heard it on Sirius NFL radio a few weeks back so I don't have the exact quote. Basically, he said he was told he was not a Patriot type player and he said he was glad he isn't a Patriots type of player because he doesn't want to play for the Falcons anymore nor does he want to play for the Patriots.

Maybe Hall would change his mind. But if Dimitroff doesn't think he is a Patriot type of player, I seriously doubt Belichick and Pioli would make a trade for Hall. Dimitroff was Pioli's right hand man for a number of years. I'm sure Pioli trusts his evaluation of Hall.

I heard it on Sirius NFL radio a few weeks back so I don't have the exact quote. Basically, he said he was told he was not a Patriot type player and he said he was glad he isn't a Patriots type of player because he doesn't want to play for the Falcons anymore nor does he want to play for the Patriots.

Maybe Hall would change his mind. But if Dimitroff doesn't think he is a Patriot type of player, I seriously doubt Belichick and Pioli would make a trade for Hall. Dimitroff was Pioli's right hand man for a number of years. I'm sure Pioli trusts his evaluation of Hall.

well thats not gonna help our chances lol

What's his current contract?

hall is makeing like 5mill this is hes last yer to give up a #1 pick for some one thats going to want more then samuel and is not as good and has a big mouth i dont see that happing

That's not the point. DeAngelo Hall wants Asante Samuel money.

Exactly. And people around here are sold on him. To get Asante Samuel money, you must be trust to be left alone on whoever whenever. Hall is not that kind of guy, neither is Samuel but it's whatever. Point is, Hall aint gettin that and he damn sure aint worth that.

Heard his interview a fews days ago on the NFL Network from the Combine where he said he was sure he would never wear a Falcons uniform again. He also said that he wasn't a Patriots type guy. He likes to talk and do his thing when he isn't happy.

Personally, this guy could be as talented as Deion Sanders, but I don't think he has the maturity to be on the Patriots. The guy needs to get his act together and figure it when to keep his mouth shut.

And now - the soap box.... I hate these players acting like the game will stop if they stop playing. DeHall needs to learn that teams can do without his antics. This is the same guy that got in a fight with his teammate after a game. He is the same guy that got spit on the face by - TO? - and took it like a wimp but then was accused of spitting first. Figure it out man.

He sounds like a Raider, Redskin, or Cowboy kind of guy.

===================================

Or may be a Jet, who knows?

I do not know how credible this is but like the OP, I heard that a radio station in Miami is saying that the Jets signed Pace.

He was like a little girl last season. He woudn't last two seconds here with that kind of petulance.

What's his current contract?

It's not his current contract. Whatever team acquires him is going to have to pay him $10 million a year which is what he wants for a new deal. Why bother?

He was like a little girl last season. He woudn't last two seconds here with that kind of petulance.

Give him a five or six year period to mellow, and we'll pick him up after he's acted out and alienated a team or two.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back