DeAngelo Hall/Patriots mention

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, NO LINK - deal with it.

I read someone saying they heard ON THE RADIO (i.e. NO LINK) that "Miami Sports Radio is reporting that the Patriots, Bucs and Saints are all heavily interested in trying to acquire D'Angelo Hall".

It was posted on the RealGM board.

Re: D'Angelo Hall/Patriots mention

I like it. Need somebody to play back there because Ellis Hobbs covering the TO's and Chad Johnson's of the world is disaster waiting to happen.

I guess we'll see. At least we know the two front offices know each other and can get along.

Me likey. :D

too bad dimitroff told Hall hes not a New England type of guy :(

No way. He's not good and he wants #1 corner money, no thanks.

He has talent, but they would have to wire his jaw shut and get him to quit starting fights with his own teammates in TC and losing his cool on the field. As deep as the draft is and for how much he would want $$$, in conjunction with his "issues", I say pass!

No way. He's not good and he wants #1 corner money, no thanks.

hes actually very..very good. he had a rough '06 season but last year and years before that he was great

He will cost the number 7 pick, I hope you will want that..

No way would he ever become a Patriot, brush this one off.

maybe all he needs is a winning team?

Good player. But if the Pats weren't going to pay Asante then they're not going to pay Hall.

Guaranteed the Falcons get a LOT less than that whoever he goes to.

Right now its hard to believe were intrested in anybody with the way everythings goin.

Man, why do some of you guys WAY overvalue free agents, or players available via trade? Some very good all pros have switched teams for second round picks, and while teams have used first round picks in trade, it's not exactly something you see every offseason, and then it usually involves a franchise QB. DeAngelo Hall IS NOT worth a first round pick, especially 7th overall, and I highly doubt anyone (discounting the idiot in Oakland) would give up a first round pick for him.

We're not talking about Champ in his prime...

Last edited:

Man, why do some of you guys WAY overvalue free agents, or players available via trade? Some very good all pros have switched teams for second round picks, and while teams have used first round picks in trade, it's not exactly something you see every offseason, and then it usually involves a franchise QB. DeAngelo Hall IS NOT worth a first round pick, especially 7th overall, and I highly doubt anyone (discounting the idiot in Oakland) would give up a first round pick for him.

um Giants offered first but Falcons want more

Hall is worth a first round but when you realize he wants a new contract, hes not worth a first + a huge contract.

He's still young, and he's a proven commodity. I can easily see someone giving up a #1 for him. I'm going to say something and it's going to scare you: we gave up a 2nd for Duane Starks. So, a #1 for DeAngelo Hall is not out of the realm of possibility. The only catch is that the 7th pick is perhaps too high. if we had the 16th, I could see it easily.

Sorry, guys, NO LINK - deal with it.

I read someone saying they heard ON THE RADIO (i.e. NO LINK) that "Miami Sports Radio is reporting that the Patriots, Bucs and Saints are all heavily interested in trying to acquire D'Angelo Hall".

It was posted on the RealGM board.

Between those 3 teams, the Pats have the clear advantage. The others are in Atlanta's division, and the Pats have a connection with Dimitroff. Hall should cost no more than a 2nd rdr considering he's forcing his way out of town. Hall is the most physically gifted cb in the league next to Cromartie. He hasn't been playing up to it. Under BB he will fulfill his potential. I would be stoked over that move, provided it only cost a 2nd rdr.

Last edited:

um Giants offered first but Falcons want more

Hall is worth a first round but when you realize he wants a new contract, hes not worth a first + a huge contract.

That's what I mean though, and I said "especially 7th overall". He's not worth a first round pick, and the large contract you'd have to pay him (kind of figured everyone already knew he wants a huge contract?). Also, if anyone actually thinks Hall is worth that much, than I'll tell you to go back and watch him a little more closely....over hyped. I watched him get taken to school and beat deep by a few different receivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes