PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 1 of Free Agency: Patriots Do Nothing (merged X2 or 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss your posts here, Grid....Patsfans Greatest Living Chicken Little Killer...more...we want more...

e07a3127f2.jpg

I'm very happy with the way tonight went. I'm glad we missed out on Talib. he is very talented and one of the best. Just not thee best. That would be Sherman or Revis.

Wasn't too happy with Talibs words on his way out but oh well. "So it wasn't a rib injury?" Oh it was was a deep bone bruise that kept you out of the biggest game of your life? Your second Afc championship disappearance?" As far as I'm concerned Bill was doing you a favor by calling it something a little more severe than what it was. Maybe next time they"ll call it a owwie ya big ****.

Anyway, nice day 3 for the Minutemen. Upgrade the cb position and still 140 days to make some additions. Hopefully Bill will surprise us some more. Still got Mayo, Wilfork, Vollmer and Kelly coming back along with a sneak preview of Armstead. Mind as well call them free agent blockbusters since they were barely on the roster last year.

Btw I'm not taking parting shots at Talib, he did good for us and himself when he was here. Just don't like that when a player feels the need to do that on his way out the door. I hope he stays healthy and plays the ****ty the rest of his career though. Ha! Got that last line from a Jet fan regarding Revis. Sounds catchy.

Still can't believe Revis is going to be a Patriot. The guy is a greedy sob but I'll cheer for him because he is a Patriot and because his game is pretty freaking elite.

The panicky critics of day one would have the Patriots in the toilet within a year if any of them were lucky enough to become GM. Living in DC during the reign of Dan Snyder, I've seen countless big name free agent signings blow up in the Skins face. (Though this year he and Chuckie's brother have been oddly quiet.)

Big name free agents are (1) almost always overpaid, crippling the team's ability to sign adequate backups, (2) often play with reduced intensity because they have had their payday (see Albert Haynesworth), (3) are older than draftees and because of that take longer to heal from injuries, and (4) are too often on the downside of their career.

The typical big name free agent has a reputation that usually exceeds his current performance, Ware being the best example among recent signings. Belichick and company have the right approach.

I miss your posts here, Grid....

Patsfans Greatest Living Chicken Little Killer

...more...we want more...

High Praise, Indeed, Brother Joker!!
jester.gif

Thank ye Kindly!!
beer.gif

How sweet for all'f us Chicken Little Killers to bask in the Glory of Mad Bill's latest Coup!! :rocker:

Cool-Hand-Luke-quotes-1.gif

It's perfectly reasonable to criticize Mad Bill if you disagree with a move.

I do it all the time.

It's fun. :D

But the Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth that we see here and hear on Idiot Radio?? Sheesh!!
jester.gif

I am so happy there was more than one day of free agency.

1 ~ I'm not a Free Agency guy, myself.

2 ~ I'm all about amassing Draft Picks and building with those.

3 ~ But I've always advocated the aggressive pursuit of Value Free Agents.

4 ~ And those guys are rarely found on Day 1.

Hopefully, those who screamed and wailed and threw their rather hilarious Tantrums here and elsewhere have learned a little something with Mad Bill's Master Coup.
spock.gif

But I'm not holding my breath.
th_coffee.gif

5 ~ Also: I'm not a fan of spending money on CornerBacks, either...But Revis is a transformative Talent, one whose prospective Impact on our entire Defense shatters Tactical & Financial Metrics.

Hopefully, those who screamed and wailed and threw their rather hilarious Tantrums here and elsewhere have learned a little something with Mad Bill's Master Coup.
spock.gif
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus .... er .... um .... oops .... Yes, Bill Belichick does shop at Tiffany's.

Well, those 2-3 guys we all know well...they show up on FA Day 1, Draft Day, and in the aftermath of losses...

Haven't seen them around...huh...

Also: I'm not a fan of spending money on CornerBacks, either...But Revis is a transformative Talent, one whose prospective Impact on our entire Defense shatters Tactical & Financial Metrics.

very nicely put

the 2nd coming of the Randy Moss deal.......enjoy the next year, maybe 2, but set your timer.....Revis as a Patriot does have a decent chance of ending as a circus

Santa Claus is real, and he masquerades as Bill Belichick.

I took one look at the board yesterday morning and left it for the day. Then I saw this morning's headlines and figured it was safe to come back. :) (I know I'm a mod here and maybe should have put in the time to help tamp down the craziness, but if I had to read that fulminating "Dollar General" crap one more time I was afraid I might just lose it and start mass bannings.)

I totally understand hope, and worry, and frustration. (Talib to the Broncos hurt, but NO WAY would I give that contract to a player who has only been able to get on the field for an average of 9 games a year over the past 5 years.)

What I can't handle is the eagerness to be angry and hurl insults at the team. And make no mistake, it's eagerness. People WANT to be angry, and clearly will jump the gun to get the chance. It's a cheap thrill, I guess, but not a healthy one.

I know I'm a mod here and maybe should have put in the time to help tamp down the craziness, but if I had to read that fulminating "Dollar General" crap one more time I was afraid I might just lose it and start mass bannings.

Exactly. :snob:

Dollar General crap, I can understand.

But fulminating Dollar General crap??? :eek:

That really makes my @$$ drag.

Eiger-Sanction-1975-Vonetta-McGee-Clint-Eastwood-pic-2.jpg

Once More, With Feeling:

Cool-Hand-Luke-quotes-1.gif

Question Mad Bill, if you will ~ I know I do ~ But don't ever doubt'm.

1 ~ Seems to me that many fail to see how destructive chasing Free Agents can be.

2 ~ But I agree that the "Let's just get to the PlayOffs & hope for a break" thinking is foolish.

3 ~ I believe in building Teams not just to make the PlayOffs but to win them.

4 ~ And that means Depth of Talent: developing a 50 Deep Roster.

5 ~ And developing a 50 Deep Roster means not making idiot moves like the Broncos just did.

6 ~ Mad Bill has done many stupid things to hamstring his Depth of Talent. And we have paid dearly, when the losses of Kong ~ "Gronk", to you Earthlings ~ and Talib himself, and Hernandez, and other Players over the Years has directly cost us Championships.

7 ~ But he's never been stupid enough to destroy our Team's Future like the Broncos just did.

8 ~ They may Win It All. Possibly. But any number of Teams may, without destroying their Future.

9 ~ The SeaHawks Won It All ~ and eviscerated the Broncos ~ without any such Stupidity.

10 ~ Don't Build a Kingdom...Build an Empire.

The Seahawks are far better at evaluating and drafting talent on D than the Pats...it's not even close. Seattle's D is mostly comprised of low draft picks and undrafted guys that proved to be a machine under Carroll. The Pats aren't on equal footing here for a comparison. The Pats got eviscerated to a lesser degree by the Broncos.

The fact remains that the Broncos were and still are the better team and are being proactive to stay that way. Their efforts may ultimately fail but at least they are not being passive.

While dominating a usually weak AFC East is nice the team has largely proven it cannot hold up in the playoffs. Their way of doing things hasn't gotten them over the hump in quite awhile. I don't think it was a coincidence the Pats got markedly better after being proactive in the 06 off season with the acquisitions of Welker and Moss. As of now they need that type of move on both sides of the ball...they have too many ham and eggers surrounding Brady and on D.

Wait...what?? :bricks:

The Patriots lost 26-16.

It was still a Game, in the 4th Quarter.

You're clearly eager to crap on the Team you claim to root for.

Good luck with that.

But I recommend that you look up "eviscerate" in the dictionary, before the next time you expose your Ignorance and you disgusting eagerness to insult the Team you claim to root for.

"Ho, Ho, Ho!! It Is What It Is."

pomagat-na-semeystva-v-nuzhda.jpg

Little boy:Mr. Claus how is it looking for me getting a puppy for Christmas?
BB Claus:I don't think a day-to-day approach is the way to go right now. It's a long year and we have a long ways to go.

Wait...what?? :bricks:

The Patriots lost 26-16.

It was still a Game, in the 4th Quarter.

You're clearly eager to crap on the Team you claim to root for.

Good luck with that.

But I recommend that you look up "eviscerate" in the dictionary, before the next time you expose your Ignorance and you disgusting eagerness to insult the Team you claim to root for.

seriously, it was still a game in the 4th quarter, what game were you watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back