PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola: "I will donate $100 for every pass I catch next season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Amendola: "I will donate $100 for every pass I catch next season"

That's unfair. Amendola will probably dish about 20% to his agent/management team, off the top. Throw in another 5+% for state tax and 35% Federal (unlike the INVESTOR class, Romney for example, he is paying at the top income tax rate, not the 15% investors get away with). Throw in a plethora of donations or don't - that's HIS choice.

Not on his Pats contract. The CBA specifically limits agent fees to 3%.

Not on his Pats contract. The CBA specifically limits agent fees to 3%.

Wow. I did not know that - and that's awesome!

As someone who's had to deal with agents (different field) for years, that makes me happy.

Just to put this in perspective:

Amendola will make about $3.5M next year. If he catches 100 passes, he'll donate 10k, or 0.28% of his salary. Let's say that an average person is making 50,000 a year... to match the proportionate donation, they would need to donate $144. However, that person will not get an article written about them.

Amendola will probably make more money from endorsements/good publicity to more than match that figure.

I would like to see a big time Boston athlete really step up and make a impactful donation.

How much are you donating?

Devin McCourty has announced that he is doing something similar. Hopefully, this inspires other players to do the same.

Devin McCourty has announced that he is doing something similar. Hopefully, this inspires other players to do the same.

For the record, McCourty is offering $100 per tackle, and $200 per interception.

The donation is a celebrity class act. That it's a small donation just means it's a lesser class act than if it were a bigger donation.

The dropped-pass bit is a classy football joke. He's volunteering to be in the spotlight for any bad play he makes all season. That's taking accountability. Welcome to the team!

How much are you donating?

A higher percentage than Amendola. But I'm not going to publicize it, nor would anyone care.

A higher percentage than Amendola. But I'm not going to publicize it, nor would anyone care.

This answer, at least to me, says "Zero Dollars."

Nothing would make me prouder than for every player on the Pats to accord themselves similar incentives. I agree, it looked kind of on the low end for a guy making millions -- but it was a nice gesture.

How cool would it be for every guy with a measurable stat, right down to pancakes for the O-line, to give some amount of money to the fund... and then for Kraft to announce he'd match what the players donated 10-1?

I'll add that it would be cool for the Cowboys and Texans to do the same thing for the families of West, Texas... volunteer firefighters usually get very little in the way of life insurance.

As for the JEST... they're such a catastrophe, Superstorm Sandy was donating money to relieve us of THEM.

How cool would it be for every guy with a measurable stat, right down to pancakes for the O-line, to give some amount of money to the fund... and then for Kraft to announce he'd match what the players donated 10-1?

The Kraft family has already pledged to match $100K in contributions from the public.

I'll add that it would be cool for the Cowboys and Texans to do the same thing for the families of West, Texas... volunteer firefighters usually get very little in the way of life insurance.

Romo should definitely donate. $500 for every thrown interception? Watch that money pile up!

Romo should definitely donate. $500 for every thrown interception? Watch that money pile up!

Mean, but funny. :)

The Kraft family has already pledged to match $100K in contributions from the public.

Okay, fans that love their teams, that's kind of definitional... fans that love their coach, that's rarer... I feel privileged to have all that and to even be able to love the owner.

Danny should register his contributions as its own charity and call it... wait for it... Amen Dolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back