PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DAN MARINO ON MFB: ‘MY PERCEPTION OF [TOM BRADY] IS HE’S ONE OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS AT THAT POSITIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aikman is a notorious Patriots hater. Zolak said the ONLY broadcast crew that doesn't meet with Belichick the week before they broadcast a Patriots game is Aikman and Buck. Every other one meets with Belichick. I don't know if it is Belichick refuses to meet with them or Aikman and Buck are the ones who refuse.

My guess is that the ESPN crew won't get much access this season. Gruden might because he did back up the Patriots saying that Deflategate was a joke, but I don't see anyone else getting access.

Kraft will give everybody access because he's Kraft.

Aikman is a huge hypocrite. I wonder if it's because he's dishonest or if it's because he's stupid.

I don't know about recently but early on at least joe Theismann was supporting Brady.

Saw more comments from Drew today. Man I tell ya this is the guy he lost his job to and now would have been the time to take even subtle shots at Tom if he chose to go that route. Just shows what we've seen time and time again Bledsoe is a soldier! If only these salty lames out there were half the man Drew is

Drew could have split that 2001 team in half if he hadn't handled it with so much class.

Drew could have split that 2001 team in half if he hadn't handled it with so much class.
As I indicated above, I admire Drew more and more as time goes by. However, as revealed in Michael Holley's great book "Patriot Reign", Drew didn't handle that situation very graciously at all. I'm not sure I would have either, by the way.

Kraft will give everybody access because he's Kraft.

Aikman is a huge hypocrite. I wonder if it's because he's dishonest or if it's because he's stupid.
Probably because he's a dishonest, stupid hypocrite.:)

There is no statistical difference for Brady effectiveness at home (balls controlled by Pats Staff) and on the road ( balls controlled by the home team)... that alone is one of the most telling facts of this case.

Still need to pinch myself that this has gotten as big as it has, as in reality it is much ado about nothing... think there is silence among many current QB's as they do not want to suffer the wrath of Roger...

There is no statistical difference for Brady effectiveness at home (balls controlled by Pats Staff) and on the road ( balls controlled by the home team)... that alone is one of the most telling facts of this case.

Still need to pinch myself that this has gotten as big as it has, as in reality it is much ado about nothing... think there is silence among many current QB's as they do not want to suffer the wrath of Roger...

I don't have one bit of sympathy for them. They are part of the group (the NFLPA) that allowed Fraudger to gain his ridiculous powers. Now he gets to take money from their pockets and put it into the owner's on any whim he chooses.

Bledsoe "I hate to see it and I hope it's not souring him while continuing to play because I want to keep watching him play."

This is my main concern as well. I just hope this constant attack on his character isn't taking the fun out of football because I know when it's not fun Brady will retire. He won't stay around for a paycheck.

I wouldn't want the stink of P6 anywhere near Brady or the Pats.

Now Marino is another story. He's one of the best QBs I ever saw. He had a lightning quick release. Too bad he was saddled with Shula as a HC or he might have won a couple of SBs.

Dan Marino is the best QB I've ever seen.

Started watching in the 1970s.

As I indicated above, I admire Drew more and more as time goes by. However, as revealed in Michael Holley's great book "Patriot Reign", Drew didn't handle that situation very graciously at all. I'm not sure I would have either, by the way.

It's pretty clear that Brady would not handle a demotion well either.

Young considers ball deflation cheating. He said this during Super Bowl week.
That's the way I remember it, as well. In fact, I seem to recall him getting teary, ala Mark Brunell, about something of which the Patriots have been accused. Of course, since these league-wide cybabies accuse them of something new seemingly weekly, they all run together, at least for me.

As I indicated above, a

more as time goes by. However, as revealed in Michael Holley's great book "Patriot Reign", Drew didn't handle that situation very graciously at all. I'm not sure I would have either, by the way.

He handled it well enough to not divide the locker room and/or create a huge distraction a la terry Glenn ( who promptly got the boot
). Thats good enough for me considering the situation. And he did his part when called upon in the ACCC.

I have so much respect for Bledsoe and the way he handled that whole situation. That must have been so difficult for him emotionally but he did it with class and refused to hurt the team by creating controversy and dividing the locker room.

I use him and that situation as an example to my nephew of how a classy, respectful man conducts himself in the face of adversity. Truly a role model and a solid character guy. . We've been very lucky as fans to have such great men lead our teams over the last 20+ years

I read Patriots reign awhile ago but I don't remember the specifics of what Bledsoe did that was disgraceful

Could you bullet point/paraphrase? I'm curious

Not all that surprising when you think about it. I'm way too cynical to think that Marino is doing this out of any sense of "justice" and certainly not out of the goodness of his heart.

Aikman and Montana have both been critical of Brady throughout this farce, but they both hang their hats primarily on their SB wins and SB MVP's for their reputation and so are competing with him for recognition in that area. So, they are taking this as a chance to tear him down.

Marino relies for his reputation on his stats, where Brady, in a sense, isn't competing with him. So, Marino has no big stake in tearing him down. In fact, by building Brady up a bit, Marino helps his own case against the guys who played closer to his time.

Dan Marino is the best QB I've ever seen.

Started watching in the 1970s.

It was amazing the way a pass rusher would come in untouched and Marino would still get his passes away with accuracy, even the longer passes. The guy was great.

It's pretty clear that Brady would not handle a demotion well either.

If another QB comes along that can beat out Tom Brady and Belichick benches him. I'm sure he won't like it but he'd handle it just as well as Drew did.

I know that everyone didn't agree at the time, but it was clear that Brady was better. He did all the little things better and as it turns out, he has a bigger brain than Drew. Brady also hardly ever tries to force a ball in at crunch time and gets picked off. Drew did that on a few occasions.

I read Patriots reign awhile ago but I don't remember the specifics of what Bledsoe did that was disgraceful

Could you bullet point/paraphrase? I'm curious
Please don't put words in my mouth. I never described it as disgraceful. I said he was not as gracious as some seem to think. I also said I understood and would likely have reacted the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back