PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Jarrett's Mock Draft Picks 17-32 V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert on things technical when it comes to CB's but this video was a problem for me concerning Johnson

Trumaine Johnson vs Central Arkansas 2011 - YouTube

Watch when he drops back into coverage. Rather than backpedal, he immediately turns his hips in anticipation of the receiver running downfield. Does anyone know if this normal or preferred practice because to me it looks if he's unable to then react when the receiver stops or cuts inside or out. Maybe I'm over emphasising this problem but it suggests a lot of rawness. Any experts care to help on the technicalities of playing CB?

I could be wrong but it looks like bail-out press to me. Which is an employed tactic by Montana and I've heard it mentioned a lot in analysis of him. It's a zone coverage, disguised as man.

Who cares where Ridley was picked? After a season, he's probably the second best RB from that draft.

This. You guys are so ready to crown Helu Jr (he seriously had one good game and he got every single carry) and Kendall Hunter (completely different running style) as so much better than Ridley. Ridley showed flashes of start capability in his limited role last year. I'd be super stoked about having him and Vareen for the next 4 years at least.

This. You guys are so ready to crown Helu Jr (he seriously had one good game and he got every single carry) and Kendall Hunter (completely different running style) as so much better than Ridley. Ridley showed flashes of start capability in his limited role last year. I'd be super stoked about having him and Vareen for the next 4 years at least.

I personally think a year in a committee RB approach with nearly 500 yards as a rookie isn't a terrible failure myself.

Ridley has a couple of fundamental issues he needs to work on in the off season. He needs to work on his pad level and covering up the football (and getting it in the right arm too).

He is probably the most instinctive guy I've seen drafted in a while...this guy can be scary good once he works on those fundamentals.

Last edited:
I like K. Wright, but nowhere near where he'll likely be drafted.

I'd take Joe Adams and Jarius Wright over Kendall Wright, considering value and ability. All three have excellent agility and can burn the sideline, but Adams and J. Wright were expected to run coverage routes at Arkansas under Bobby Petrino. Whereas Kendall Wright basically "got open".

Joe Adams wil have as good, if not better athletic numbers than K. Wright after workouts (40 time, 3-cone, vertical, broad jump).

Ridley was rated on one board as the 20th running back. Murray, Hulu or Hunter would of been my picks.

No clue what board that was but on the 5 major sites I look at he was rated as a late 3rd/early 4th..

I personally disagree. Ridley did play in the SEC but he could of been had in the fifth round. I would of preferred Murray out of this group.

There is absolutely no way you could know that Ridley could have been had in the 5th round. No matter how much Capt. Stone likes your post. There is no way. Saying otherwise is bs.

I'm not an expert on things technical when it comes to CB's but this video was a problem for me concerning Johnson

Trumaine Johnson vs Central Arkansas 2011 - YouTube

Watch when he drops back into coverage. Rather than backpedal, he immediately turns his hips in anticipation of the receiver running downfield. Does anyone know if this normal or preferred practice because to me it looks if he's unable to then react when the receiver stops or cuts inside or out. Maybe I'm over emphasising this problem but it suggests a lot of rawness. Any experts care to help on the technicalities of playing CB?

I actually have Johnson being moved to Free safety where he can keep the play in front of him. But that's just me.

I could be wrong but it looks like bail-out press to me. Which is an employed tactic by Montana and I've heard it mentioned a lot in analysis of him. It's a zone coverage, disguised as man.

That would explain it. Many thanks.

I personally disagree. Ridley did play in the SEC but he could of been had in the fifth round. I would of preferred Murray out of this group.

There is absolutely no way you could know that Ridley could have been had in the 5th round. No matter how much Capt. Stone likes your post. There is no way. Saying otherwise is bs.

There is no such thing as The Gospel, in these matters, of course: just educated guesses.

But my take on the matter was that Ridley could've quite confidently been allowed to slip to the 4th, with strong expectations of him still being there, had we held onto that Pick...And he may very well've lasted to the 5th: Warren's asserting such is quite reasonable, I think. Perhaps he should've added "probably", but I would say that "probably" is pretty much understood.

Columbia BroadCasting is what I consider to be the most accurate Barometer of a Prospect's Market Value ~ even though it's their subjective "Ranking" that they put forth ~ and they had him at #175, which is a 6th Round Pick.

So I think it's pretty clear that Brother Warren's assertion holds water, whatever the veracity of his "I would've picked THESE guys" claims might be: Last year's O Back Draft Class was INSANELY deep. As such, I loudly APPLAUDED Coach Bill's decision to Double Dip at that position.

And while I squealed with DELIGHT when he picked Shane Vereen ~ one of my Super Binkies, declared before any FALSE "Biggest Vereen Fan on the Board" claims were made!! :D ~ I squealed with HORROR at the Ridley Pick, as I preferred SEVERAL guys to him...

And I am delighted to report that ~ on this occasion ~ Coach Bill's Insight DWARFED mine own, as Brother Ridley has SHATTERED every expectation I had'f'm...and is just getting STARTED!! :rocker:

And while I squealed with DELIGHT when he picked Shane Vereen ~ one of my Super Binkies, declared before any FALSE "Biggest Vereen Fan on the Board" claims were made!! :D ~ I squealed with HORROR at the Ridley Pick, as I preferred SEVERAL guys to him...

I've been a big big fan of Vereen ever since he ran all over Stanford back in 2009. Can you beat that? :D

I like K. Wright, but nowhere near where he'll likely be drafted.

I'd take Joe Adams and Jarius Wright over Kendall Wright, considering value and ability. All three have excellent agility and can burn the sideline, but Adams and J. Wright were expected to run coverage routes at Arkansas under Bobby Petrino. Whereas Kendall Wright basically "got open".

Joe Adams wil have as good, if not better athletic numbers than K. Wright after workouts (40 time, 3-cone, vertical, broad jump).

And don't forget that if we draft one of the Arkansas receivers that after Brady retires :)eek: I know) then we could have Mallett throwing to a receiver that he is comfortable with. This could be a win now and later.

And don't forget that if we draft one of the Arkansas receivers that after Brady retires :)eek: I know) then we could have Mallett throwing to a receiver that he is comfortable with. This could be a win now and later.

I think by the time Brady retires, Mallet should be comfortable with any WR on the roster. Its not like he's a rookie coming in to start and having a guy he is comfortable with straight away. He will be a few years out of college, and comfortable working with whoever is on the roster by the time Brady retires, so I don't think it would be any real benefit.

I've been a big big fan of Vereen ever since he ran all over Stanford back in 2009.

Can you beat that? :D

I've been a big fan of Shane "Here Comes the PAIN!!" Vereen since before he was BORN!!! :eek: :rocker:

I've been a big fan of Shane "Here Comes the PAIN!!" Vereen since before he was BORN!!! :eek: :rocker:

Normally I would call shenanigans, but for you, that may just be true :p

I squealed with DELIGHT when he picked Shane "Here Comes The PAIN!!" Vereen ~ one of my Super Binkies, declared before any FALSE "Biggest Vereen Fan on the Board" claims were made!! :D

I've been a big big fan of Vereen ever since he ran all over Stanford back in 2009. Can you beat that? :D

Hats off to you, sir!

Normally I would call shenanigans, but for you, that may just be true :p

Heh!! All silliness on my part aside: Great EYE, Brother DefSoul!! :D :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back