PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DaBruinz 2008 Patriots Mock V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. Here is my mock (and I know it will be mocked.. LOL :D) :

Round 1: Patriots trade down with Baltimore. Baltimore trades the #8 and a 4th round pick. Baltimore Selects Matt Ryan.
Trade down with Carolina: Carolina trades their 1st, 2nd and 5th round picks to the Patriots for #8 over-all. Carolina takes Sedrick Ellis.

Patriots select Brandon Albert (OG)

2nd round pick: 43: Cliff Avril (OLB)
2nd round pick: 62: Jonathan Goff (ILB)
3rd round pick: 69: Antwaun Molden (CB)
3rd round pick: 94: Chevis Jackson (CB)
4th round pick: 106: Jeremy Zuttah (OL)
4th round pick: 129: Quentin Demps (SS)
5th round pick: 141: Corey Lynch (FS)
5th round pick: 164: Stanford Keglar (LB)
6th round pick: 197: Anthony Aldridge (RB/WR/KR)
7th round pick: 238: Gary Barnidge (TE)

I don't think you will get a 2nd and a 5th from Carolina to move from no.13 to no.8. The 2nd rounder alone would combine with the no.13 to be worth 1620 points. The no.8 overall has a value of 1400 points. I could see a team "overpaying" for Ellis, but I don't think it will be to the tune of about 250 points. I also believe that Carolina is much more interested in an OT, DE, or RB than they are in a DT at this pont. I do think your trade with Baltimore is very realistic as they might just not want to risk someone moving in to no.7 to take Ryan.

As for your picks, I like Jackson and Zuttah and would be fine with Albert after the trade downs you suggest. I really dislike Avril and Goff (Goff in the 3rd, fine with him later), but I know I am in the minority on the board in those opinions. I do think the Patriots would probably take a 2nd Olineman or a more highly regarded TE instead of one of the CB's or S's. I think it would be tough to have 4 rookies make the roster out of 9/10 positions in the defensive backfield.

What makes you know that Albert fits into the Pats system any better than the other guys except for your unsupported opinion? Show me some scouting reports that say that Albert is the best FIT for the Pats blocking system... Yeah didn't think you had any.

How about you go out there and look up how Albert can get to the second level when blocking and is agile and quick enough to get out on screens and sweeps. Albert also has shown that he can move from one player to the next if need be.

So, take your high and mighty garbage and shove it. Its MY opinion. You don't have to like it. But I don't have to listen to your condescending garbage either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes